1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Black Widow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your old neighbor lady probably got to it before you did and was most likely too vigorous while using it...

First your HB jacking arm and now the long baton...sheesh! You may wanna disinfect it too...just saying... :lol

:lol

I think a 1/6 scale long baton is still too small for what you're suggesting, regardless of how much vigor she puts into it. :lol

Speaking of small, I'm going to have to go compare this BW to the previous releases. The comparisons in the Wasp videos really took me by surprise. While I think relatively speaking Wasp is the big outlier here, I'm pretty sure my other BWs are all taller than the Shuri figure. Heck, Shuri isn't sporting any heels and still appears to be eye-to-eye with this version.

Wasp & BW.jpg

Wasp Group.jpg

Great photos and poses, esp like the casual baton on the shoulder look!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^ ^ Great pics and poses!! :clap

Nicely done! You can get a lot from a small head tilt on this one.

Thanks, fellas! Yeah the rubber neck with a joint at both ends is super slick. I don't know if this is the first time they've done that on a figure but I hope it becomes the norm.

Thanks, fellas! Yeah the rubber neck with a joint at both ends is super slick. I don't know if this is the first time they've done that on a figure but I hope it becomes the norm.

Widows and Leias all have that neck, I believe.

I hate that neck. My hoth Leia's is peeling from what I assume was my sassy head tilt I left too long.

As always, everything from handling and environmental parameters to whatever went on with the factory batch seem to influence outcomes. I've never had an issue with those necks myself, but won't rule out the possibility.

You're a one-sixth vet so I don't think you mishandled it. Maybe a bad batch?

Hot Toys QC is something else lately. I've been through three of these figures and all have had issues on the sculpt and body. I'm picky but I've been in the game long enough now to know what is "acceptable" in terms of minor issues, and it isn't that super common but it's glaring to me right now. It just seems like Marvel releases in general are more problematic than any of them.

Hot Toys QC is something else lately. I've been through three of these figures and all have had issues on the sculpt and body. I'm picky but I've been in the game long enough now to know what is "acceptable" in terms of minor issues, and it isn't that super common but it's glaring to me right now. It just seems like Marvel releases in general are more problematic than any of them.

Dang, where are you buying from that they are generous enough to allow 3 exchanges??? Also what's the issues you are encountering?

Dang, where are you buying from that they are generous enough to allow 3 exchanges??? Also what's the issues you are encountering?

The first was from Sideshow. It had some extra red paint down under the hairline which was unsightly to me. The suit had indentions and what I believe is glue on it. They sent me a replacement sculpt and body, but sadly the sculpt had a flaking issue going on in the hair. The body is fine though.
So I just said heck with it and ordered another at Timewalker to try my luck with another sculpt and just sell off the extra stuff. So the third suit has indentions and glue spot on it again like the first, and the sculpt had a real bad shiny spot on the forehead. Had to get the magic eraser out to make it better, which did work for the most part. :lol but man, it's annoying. Such a gamble!

The OCD is real..

The first was from Sideshow. It had some extra red paint down under the hairline which was unsightly to me. The suit had indentions and what I believe is glue on it. They sent me a replacement sculpt and body, but sadly the sculpt had a flaking issue going on in the hair. The body is fine though.
So I just said heck with it and ordered another at Timewalker to try my luck with another sculpt and just sell off the extra stuff. So the third suit has indentions and glue spot on it again like the first, and the sculpt had a real bad shiny spot on the forehead. Had to get the magic eraser out to make it better, which did work for the most part. :lol but man, it's annoying. Such a gamble!

The OCD is real..

I feel ya, I'm kind of the same way when it comes to collecting, but yeah it's def annoying that at the price point we are paying for these toys that QC is still an issue.

I feel ya, I'm kind of the same way when it comes to collecting, but yeah it's def annoying that at the price point we are paying for these toys that QC is still an issue.

Yeah that's the main cause of it right there. The prices go up and the QC goes down. Can't stand it. Trying not to sweat it so much, there really isn't a perfect figure.

Yeah that's the main cause of it right there. The prices go up and the QC goes down. Can't stand it. Trying not to sweat it so much, there really isn't a perfect figure.

Price unfortunately means nothing.

You can have issues on thousand dollar statues. Heck I had issues with my Thanos life size bust and that’s not cheap.

Heck most statues aren’t perfect. You’re lucky if you only collect figures as the QC issues are nothing compared to the statue game.

I should finally be receiving this piece this month, as Ikons the Australian distributor has updated their ETA for Black Widow and Hawkeye for the 21st of October.

So I recently got a DSLR camera through work, with all the bells and whistles, and while I've been using it for its designated purpose (filming lectures for online classes), I also realized that I can use it to take pictures of toys!
:yess:

Since I recently unboxed both Hawkeye and Widow from Endgame, I set up a photo session. Clint has the Hawkeye look going on rather than his Ronin outfit, even though I did buy the Deluxe, because I ran into the dreaded zipper issues chronicled in his thread and will probably have to request a replacement hooded jacket from Sideshow.
:gah:
(I did give him the Ronin sword, though, because it seemed too badass not to.)

This is definitely way early in the photography learning process, so please excuse any less-than-ideal photos (I tried to pick the best shots but I am also not conversant in the intricacies of photographic framing and the like). Also please excuse that I took these pictures on my bathroom counter, as it was the only place in my apartment that 1) is a bare surface, 2) has even decent-ish lighting, and 3) serves as a fairly bland backdrop.

DSC00001.jpg

DSC00007.jpg
I think this headsculpt really is the best ScarJo yet, and I'm also glad they went with sculpted hair for the braid. (I wish they'd done that with the short-haired IW version, too; I'm glad they're finally moving out of the "dudes must always have sculpted hair, no matter how long, and ladies must always have rooted hair, no matter how short" phase.)

DSC00020.jpg

DSC00022.jpg
A couple of pictures of Hawkeye and Widow, focused on Nat (the Clint pictures are up in his figure's thread).

View attachment 496910
Two old friends back-to-back again.

View attachment 496911
Showdown over who gets to throw themselves off a cliff this time, lol.

Back