HBO: The Last of Us

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nikolai Coster Waldau was my choice to play Joel. I loved his skill at portraying violence in Shot Caller, something the show hasn't come close to showing.
d89e8-16060248391167-800.jpg
actor-nikolaj-coster-waldau-312316_large.jpg
news-the-last-of-us-somiglianza-joel-nikolaj-coster-waldau-film-senza-voce-1645530427183.jpg

Last edited:
There's some good critique in this thread, interwoven with a good amount of boring whining.
Has there ever been in the history of the Internet ever been a discussion where it’s not critical or whining? Nope

Another episode that feels like a watered down version of the game, props to Bella tho she acted the episode very well but with a reported budget of $10,000,000 per episode I couldn't help but laugh at the fact they were only able to get one infected in there, Ellie and Riley getting chased by so many infected in the game was legit terrifying and only made it more tragic for them both to get bit after almost outrunning most of them.

I also thought it was a shame to get rid of Ellie in the present day searching another mall for medical supplies to save Joel.
1677512857383.png

And also no "BRICK ******* MASTER"! really? :doh

I also thought it was a shame to get rid of Ellie in the present day searching another mall for medical supplies to save Joel.
That was my only gripe with the episode. I was hoping we'd see her searching the mall for the supplies to save Joel and that would segway into the Left Behind story. Very seamless and easy to do and another 10 minutes on the episode wouldn't have dragged it out enough that it would have been a problem.

At this point I've accepted that they're not having the infected play a major role in this show and it is what it is. I can't say I agree with it because it feels like it's downplaying why Ellie is so important to stop humanity from turning into those things. But I've also had people in my personal life tell me they don't want to watch the show or are only doing so because their wife wants to watch it because they have "zombie show burnout" - after The Walking Dead effectively killed their own brand I can see the genre being effected by those goons at AMC.

If HBO got wind of that themselves I guess I can understand why the show is playing out the way it is.

As I've said before there's never truly been a true 1:1 adaptation of anything before but this is up there with the Jackson Lord of the Rings movies in terms of staying true to the source material, many scenes have been complete recreations of cutscenes in the game and I'm enjoying it.

Bella was my biggest question mark coming into the show and she's entirely won me over at this point. She may not have the look down pat but she's got the mannerisms and personality of Ellie nailed to a T, no doubt Ashley Johnson helped her out because it's so good. But aside from that Bella has been killing it and deserves awards for her performance in this show.

Looking forward to see how David is presented next week, with Troy Baker having a part in the episode I'm hopeful they'll do it justice.

Another episode that feels like a watered down version of the game, props to Bella tho she acted the episode very well but with a reported budget of $10,000,000 per episode I couldn't help but laugh at the fact they were only able to get one infected in there, Ellie and Riley getting chased by so many infected in the game was legit terrifying and only made it more tragic for them both to get bit after almost outrunning most of them.

View attachment 625379

And also no "BRICK ******* MASTER"! really? :doh
I hate how they cutaway to after Riley and Ellie get bit. How come we can never see what happens to Riley after she has been bit. Does Ellie kill her? Does Ellie run away? They did this in the game. I hope they would expanded upon this further and explain why Ellie went to the fireflies and what they thought when Riley got bit. It leads me to believe that Riley isn’t really dead.

That was my only gripe with the episode. I was hoping we'd see her searching the mall for the supplies to save Joel and that would segway into the Left Behind story. Very seamless and easy to do and another 10 minutes on the episode wouldn't have dragged it out enough that it would have been a problem.

At this point I've accepted that they're not having the infected play a major role in this show and it is what it is. I can't say I agree with it because it feels like it's downplaying why Ellie is so important to stop humanity from turning into those things. But I've also had people in my personal life tell me they don't want to watch the show or are only doing so because their wife wants to watch it because they have "zombie show burnout" - after The Walking Dead effectively killed their own brand I can see the genre being effected by those goons at AMC.

If HBO got wind of that themselves I guess I can understand why the show is playing out the way it is.

As I've said before there's never truly been a true 1:1 adaptation of anything before but this is up there with the Jackson Lord of the Rings movies in terms of staying true to the source material, many scenes have been complete recreations of cutscenes in the game and I'm enjoying it.

Bella was my biggest question mark coming into the show and she's entirely won me over at this point. She may not have the look down pat but she's got the mannerisms and personality of Ellie nailed to a T, no doubt Ashley Johnson helped her out because it's so good. But aside from that Bella has been killing it and deserves awards for her performance in this show.

Looking forward to see how David is presented next week, with Troy Baker having a part in the episode I'm hopeful they'll do it justice.
Yea I didn’t expect it to be perfect but it’s fine. It’s better than those horrid resident evil movies we got in the past. I loved the left behind dlc and I wish they gave it the same care as they did with episode 3. It deserves it way more than bill. The story imo is way more important and tragic than episode 3 and they should have put more love into it.

I hate how they cutaway to after Riley and Ellie get bit. How come we can never see what happens to Riley after she has been bit. Does Ellie kill her? Does Ellie run away? They did this in the game. I hope they would expanded upon this further and explain why Ellie went to the fireflies and what they thought when Riley got bit. It leads me to believe that Riley isn’t really dead.
Riley is definitely dead.

My guess is that the Fireflies checked in at the mall because Ellie found that bomb stashed and determined that Riley was actually posted at the mall to guard it, that's how she knew about it. When the Fireflies came they probably found Riley dead and Ellie waiting to die, but since it may have been a few days at that point, that's probably how they figured out that something was up with her immunity.

Ellie told Joel she had killed before without going into it, so I think we can deduce that Ellie shot Riley with her gun when she turned but couldn't take that way out herself since Riley didn't want it for her, and that's why she made it.

I liked it, but would have like the see the same intensity as the game with regard to the runners at the end; there were many, not just one. Though the show is great, it lacks the 'punch' that would make it special.

I almost wish that they just left the "Left Behind" stuff out. It really disrupted the flow of the show, especially after what happened at the end of episode 6. I got bored and I like the DLC. It might be because of it disrupting the flow rather than being optional DLC. I wish they had more infected at the end and had her go to the other mall. I liked the present day stuff a lot though. Bella Ramsey has grown on me as Ellie since the second half of episode 4. These last 2 episodes have been the worst ones. I hope it picks up in these last 2 episodes.

Hated this episode. They were already pushed for time and been rushing everything and felt like a complete waste of one of the three episodes they only have left.
I wish the season was 2 or 3 episodes longer, so the added stuff and the "Left Behind" DLC didn't take up valuable time from the original story.

Riley is definitely dead.

My guess is that the Fireflies checked in at the mall because Ellie found that bomb stashed and determined that Riley was actually posted at the mall to guard it, that's how she knew about it. When the Fireflies came they probably found Riley dead and Ellie waiting to die, but since it may have been a few days at that point, that's probably how they figured out that something was up with her immunity.

Ellie told Joel she had killed before without going into it, so I think we can deduce that Ellie shot Riley with her gun when she turned but couldn't take that way out herself since Riley didn't want it for her, and that's why she made it.
I wish they would explicitly state that tho. The games and now the show don’t show the aftermath of what happened.

I almost wish that they just left the "Left Behind" stuff out. It really disrupted the flow of the show, especially after what happened at the end of episode 6. I got bored and I like the DLC. It might be because of it disrupting the flow rather than being optional DLC. I wish they had more infected at the end and had her go to the other mall. I liked the present day stuff a lot though. Bella Ramsey has grown on me as Ellie since the second half of episode 4. These last 2 episodes have been the worst ones. I hope it picks up in these last 2 episodes.
Hopefully the HBO curse doesn’t come for this show early. Every HBO show there ever was starts off amaze balls and turns ****** towards the end

It's a shame that these last episodes have been so rushed, while the episode had some of the charm of the DLC it cut way too much content that would've fleshed it out more.

Agreed, I've been constantly disappointed with the lack of infected and violence not only does it make the show less intense it really reduces the impact of the ending by making the world such a safe place, apparently these two last episodes will have zero infected in them which is just bizarre, this is clearly a deliberate choice by HBO to make this seem like prestige TV to the Emmy academy, the zombie genre was always frowned up by those snobs and HBO even had rules for the actors and writers to avoid the "zombie" word at all costs while promoting the show.

It's a good adaptation as far as video games go but I would never compare it to something like LOTR and a big reason why is because TLOU video game is already an exceptionally acted out story with beautiful cinematography and locations that is enhanced by the immersion that only a game provides, I think removing that aspect lessens the overall experience for me and it's why even the best video game adaptations can't live up to the source material the way an adaptation of a novel like LOTR does.

She's definitely doing a good job even if she doesn't look much like Ellie at all, I actually think she's been doing a better job than Pedro these last few episodes.

I'm concerned about David lol from the trailer it looks like they'll make him some cliched religious nutjob type and I really wish they had just kept Nolan North in the role, dude did such a good job that many people to this day have no idea Nathan Drake and David are the same guy! And yeah it'll be cool to see Troy and Ashely in these last episodes I was surprised to see how much Troy's face resembles Joel's in the trailer but he's doing a completely different voice.

This show was never made for hardcore fans of the game that has been clear from episode one. All of my friends and relatives who wouldn’t know the game if it bit them on the ### are now watching it lol.

Back