HBO: The Last of Us

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny Utah

I learned to hate you in the last 10 years
CF Supporter
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Coming from the writer of Chernobyl and Neil Druckmann, the writer and director of both games!!!
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/last-us-series-works-at-hbo-chernobyl-creator-1282707

Hugh Jackman would be dream casting for Joel, I would love to see Josh Brolin too.

Last edited:
The Last of Us uses one of the greatest ideas for "walking dead/zombie/mutants" ever.

I remember seeing a show on Cordyceps long ago, with mushrooms growing on insects and taking over their body, and thinking how nasty and creepy it was and what a great idea for a monster movie -- the creators of the game must have seen the same documentary.

2j7ue0.jpg

I think of the games as a series of movies anyway, since I've never played it.

And those cinematic playthroughs made great movies.

logan-the-last-of-us-~oracle-12447866.png

If it's good it's a bonus.

If it's bad, like the Star Wars War Sequel Trilogy, then it can likewise be ignored.

Nothing lost.

Yeah, they'll definitely find some way to botch this.

That's what I've never understood about most video game shows and movies. They have their source material to adapt right there. It's already popular and people like it but they always have to change something that fundamentally changes everything.

Like in Doom they changed it from demons from hell to aliens. Why?

HBO - The Last of Us - Pedro Pascal and Bella Ramsey cast as Joel and Ellie

Lo3SieP.jpg

Pedro Pascal cast as Joel:
https://deadline.com/2021/02/pedro-...hbo-series-video-game-playstation-1234691935/
t1Za7xo.png

Bella Ramsey cast as Ellie:
https://collider.com/last-of-us-tv-show-ellie-actor-cast-bella-ramsey/

I'm not feeling these castings, they're both fine actors but I don't believe they were the best they could find for these roles, the show always seemed unecessary and a cash in on the games popularity, hiring Pascal, who's currently the biggest star on the biggest show just proves it.
It doesn't help that the games are recent too with the sequel having released only last year with arguably the best performance capture and character models in any game to date, this whole show is the most pointless cash grab with no creativity to it, why they didn't simply tell a different story with fresh characters is beyond me since it will be impossible to replicate what the first game did and how Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson played those roles and the chemistry they had.

What are your thoughts?

Pedro Pascal cast as Joel:
https://deadline.com/2021/02/pedro-...hbo-series-video-game-playstation-1234691935/

Bella Ramsey cast as Ellie:
https://collider.com/last-of-us-tv-show-ellie-actor-cast-bella-ramsey/

I'm not feeling these castings, they're both fine actors but I don't believe they were the best they could find for these roles, the show always seemed unecessary and a cash in on the games popularity, hiring Pascal, who's currently the biggest star on the biggest show just proves it.
It doesn't help that the games are recent too with the sequel having released only last year with arguably the best performance capture and character models in any game to date, this whole show is the most pointless cash grab with no creativity to it, why they didn't simply tell a different story with fresh characters is beyond me since it will be impossible to replicate what the first game did and how Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson played those roles and the chemistry they had.

Seeing those names I just lot a lot of the interest I had in this.

Seeing those names I just lot a lot of the interest I had in this.

I never had that much interest to begin with but this is just.. yeah this whole show feels creatively bankrupt and a waste of time, the games didn't need a live adaptation, this is just yet another unecessary video game adaptation created by frauds and hacks.

Re: HBO - The Last of Us - Pedro Pascal and Bella Ramsey cast as Joel and Ellie

Can he grow a beard? :lol

Obviously not lol, I had more hair on my face when I was 17 than he has now! :rotfl I geuss they could give him a fake one but he seems miscast to me, not to mention his character in The Mandalorian has a similar arc to Joel, I really think they could've found somone better, an unknown actor, someone with the southern charm, and maybe who can grow a beard as well lol.

Wonder how they?ll find a way to eff it up

Fertile ground for a good ol' gender swap.

Incoming black trans Jolene and their young Mexican child travelling companion....

If it's good it's a bonus.

If it's bad, like the Star Wars War Sequel Trilogy, then it can likewise be ignored.

Nothing lost.

Yeah, they'll definitely find some way to botch this.

That's what I've never understood about most video game shows and movies. They have their source material to adapt right there. It's already popular and people like it but they always have to change something that fundamentally changes everything.

Like in Doom they changed it from demons from hell to aliens. Why?

mx.gif

Re: HBO - The Last of Us - Pedro Pascal and Bella Ramsey cast as Joel and Ellie

These are both very strange choices, apart from Pedro's current popularity.

Back