AUGTOYS - 1/6 Dune Action Figures (Licensed)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asta

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
AUGTOYS announced today that they have the licence to produce 1/6 figures for Dune.

d1.jpg

111.jpg

1111.jpg

Movie "Dune" will be 10 Yue 22 Ri national release, the film by the Dennis - directed Weilunniuwa, " sweet tea " Timothy · Charles Lame, Rebecca · Ferguson, Oscar - Isaac, Josh · cloth Lorraine, like Dexia, Chang Chen, Jason · Moma and other All-star team appeared side by side, show the audience some mysterious and touching the hero's journey. Paul Etridi, a talented teenager , was guided by fate. In order to defend his family and people, he determined to go to the most dangerous planet in the vast universe and embark on a thrilling adventure. At the same time, various forces have joined the battlefield in order to grab a precious resource on this planet that can release the greatest potential of mankind. In the end, only those who can overcome their inner fears can survive.

The film is based on Frank Herbert's novel of the same name. The original is known as "the most imaginative work ever". Hollywood has been looking forward to it for half a century before finally waiting for the new godfather of science fiction film Dennis Villeneuve to move it. On the screen, Hollywood will have the best cast lineup! The magnificent sand sea of the dune planet, the extermination conspiracy encountered by the Utredi family, the melee of aliens involving multiple forces, and the repeated bombing of famous scenes such as the appearance of giant sandworms, presents an unprecedented sci-fi phenomenon. An interstellar war that determines the future of the universe is kicking off. This time , AUGTOYS will restore from the big screen to a collection of products based on the characters and props that appear in the movie to satisfy fans’ collection and play experience. Come and join us. Go start this thrilling alien adventure!

As a local Chinese brand, AUGTOYS is very pleased to cooperate with Dune to design and produce 12 -inch collection-level movable dolls.

The core members of the AUGTOYS team have more than 10 years of work experience in the industry , and will also design and create more gameplay products for the majority of players in the future.

****************************************** ******** ************************************************** ************************************************** ******************

I am very happy to share with you a good news that AUGTOYS has obtained the copyright of the 12-inch action figure of the "Dune" movie.
Next, AUGTOYS will cooperate with Guangzhou Zhuanye Soldier Model Toys Co., Ltd. (Professional Soldier Model), and the professional Soldier Model has full authority to sell this brand series of products. Please pay attention to our new product official announcement, thank you for your attention!

11111.jpg
View attachment 542090

https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=378256&extra=page=1

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

a4.jpg

a5.jpg

a6.jpg

a8.jpg

a7.jpg

a9.jpg

a10.jpg

a11.jpg

a12.jpg

a13.jpg

a14.jpg

a15.jpg

AUG TOYS "Dune" Paul Atreides' 1:6 scale collectible doll
Dune is a legendary Hollywood science fiction masterpiece created by Legendary Pictures and Warner Bros. Pictures and directed by Denis Villeneuve (director of Arrival and Blade Runner 2049 ), the new godfather of science fiction films. The film is based on Frank Herbert's well-known science fiction novel, starring Timothée Chalamet, Rebecca Ferguson, Oscar Isaac, Josh Brolin, Stellan Skarsgård, Zendaya, Chang Chen, Jason Momoa, and Javier Bardem.
Dune is a legendary Hollywood science fiction masterpiece created by Legendary Pictures and Warner Bros. Pictures and directed by Denis Villeneuve (director of Arrival and Blade Runner 2049 ), the new godfather of science fiction films. The film is based on Frank Herbert's well-known science fiction novel, starring Timothée Chalamet, Rebecca Ferguson, Oscar Isaac, Josh Brolin, Stellan Skarsgård, Zendaya, Chang Chen, Jason Momoa, and Javier Bardem.

AUG TOYS "Dune" Paul Atreides' 1:6 scale collectible doll product features:
AUG TOYS has created a 31cm tall doll with more than 30 movable joints based on the shape and proportions of Paul Atreides in the Dune movie, which perfectly reproduces Paul's body shape.Meanwhile, the AUG TOYS production team restores the formal dress of Paul Atreides in House Atreides in 1:6 scale according to the texture, material, and line proportion of the movie costume. As the son and heir of the great Duke of House Atreides, Paul is wearing a gown with his father to welcome the decree from Padishah Emperor . During the solemn and grand ceremony, Paul's dress was decorated with exclusive gold trim on the shoulders and collar of his family and rank. In order to guarantee the collectibility of the product, AUG TOYS has picked the more durable leather material to make the boots , so they are more collectible. In terms of head sculpture,a wax-painted head sculpture [another translation reads: "a wax-like painted head sculpture"] regarding the role of Paul played by Timothée Chalamet (Sweet Tea) is equipped. In terms of accessories, in addition to the nine interchangeable hand shapes, the AUGTOYS team has specially restored the hovering light that appears several times in the play and has a light-up function. Furthermore, Paul's learning process of the encyclopedia and books is also essential. Thus, the pain box is a must-have for Dune fans when Paul is tested by Sororities!s learning process of the encyclopedia and books is also essential. Thus, the pain box is a must-have for Dune fans when Paul is tested by Sororities!s learning process of the encyclopedia and books is also essential. Thus, the pain box is a must-have for Dune fans when Paul is tested by Sororities!

Product No.: DL001
Product Barcode: 6972842530042
Release Date: Approximately 3rd to 4th quarter of 2022
Scale: 1/6

Product List:

-Basic head sculpture
-30 articulated movable elements
-9 interchangeable hands including
-A pair of natural hands
-A pair of holding hands
-A outstretched hand
-A pair of gloved hands holding an object
-A pair of natural and gloved hands

Clothing:

-One hat
-One army green gown
-A pair of pants in an army green gown
-A pair of black boots (leather material)
-A black trench coat (with built-in wire)

Accessories:

-Encyclopedia
-Hover lamp
-Books
-A pain box
-Specially designed with the House Atreides family logo on the floor and character name tags

**The picture shown is not the final product prototype, pending licensee approval.
**Any changes to the product details will be announced through our official account.

Attachments

• d1.jpg
    d1.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 88
I'd only buy a Paul (verdict's still out on the flick itself, but the designs aren't to my liking, even though I'd have liked to have a proper Dune set-up), but has anyone heard of these guys? I searched around and didn't find any figures of theirs.

Taking a real backseat to this.

Will watch with bated breath but not expecting much.

Unknown companies are under so much pressure to deliver for their first release.

...but has anyone heard of these guys? I searched around and didn't find any figures of theirs.

The single reference to AUGTOYS on the BBICN forum is this announcement, so they're a new company.

The core members of the AUGTOYS team have more than 10 years of work experience in the industry , and will also design and create more gameplay products for the majority of players in the future.

The single reference to AUGTOYS on the BBICN forum is this announcement, so they're a new company.
Hm, I see. Well, I guess all we can do is wait. Iconiq is a new company and I liked their Bateman enough to PO. Who knows, maybe they'll turn out good enough.

I'd get Duke in his armored suit, when they first walked off the ship. That looked cool. Maybe Paul in the desert suit, thats it. Nothing else really stood out as far as action figures.

They should've filmed the series back to back and given us a teaser of whats next, cause it really feels like half a story that just stops abruptly. As a stand alone film its not very satisfying. Its like heres all the important stuff you need to know, but this isn't the real story.

Good to see a new 1/6 company coming onto the scene. As a reader of the original Dune (but none of the others), I've been anxiously looking forward to the movie. The David Lynch version is a guilty pleasure, but not a great adaptation. I'll reserve deciding whether or not I'll buy any of the figures until I see the movie. There are some truly iconic characters in the story, the casting is spot on, and the production design is absolutely breathtaking. Will be interesting to see what AUGTOYS shows.

If they produce a series of figures just look on the boards maybe 3 months after the fact and they’ll start showing up for sale. People get really excited after leaving the theater, rush out and buy memorabilia, (*figures and such,) then they loose interest a couple of months and start selling their collected goods. Makes me laugh when I see so much Star Wars stuff for sale…

A new company?
I fear new companies after what happened with Molecule8

Last edited:
Ah that sucks. I was just about to go and check out the quality of some of their other figures.

Well, at least they have some experience and a partnership. That is positive info.

For me it will all come down to the headsculpts.

What disappointing news!
Anyone with any common sense knew that Hot Toys would never touch this license, but figures from another 1/6 scale company other than Star Ace or Sideshow may have been promising.
This unknown company, probably Molecule8 under a new name, getting this license is even worse news than the license going to Sideshow or Star Ace.
Expect slightly better than average prototypes that everyone will lie to themselves and each other about being as “good as Hot Toys” because they are so anxious to have another new figure maker on the scene to get excited about.
Then the obligatory posts about how Augtoys is “giving Hot Toys a run for their money.
And then all of the posts about all of the other licenses that people want to see “get the Augtoys treatment!”
Then the Dune figures are going to take four years to finally see release and will look worse than anything from Star Ace or Sideshow.
Everyone will realize that Augtoys is a failed experiment, except for the poor few who were duped into preordering the Dune figures who will still swear that they are “pretty much as good as Hot Toys” on their death beds.

You sound jaded.

We all are from this hobby.

I'm in the same boat, a prestigious license going to complete unknowns? We were blinded before by KA Kim and her work for Molecule 8.

She was conned too. But now, all we can do is wait and see with this new company.

I can't find anything on them. No social media whatsoever, no company website, nothing on Google. That doesn't bode well.

At least with Exo 6 we knew Nanjin from here and his figures have really delivered.

I watched Dune Monday night and I'm watching it again right now, it's ******* amazing. I want this to be real, I want all the characters. But we have to wait and see.

I've got my tickets for Thursday night with my wife, and my youngest son and I are watching it again Friday night at home. For me Dune is up there with Lord of the Rings. I'm interested to see what happens here, but I'm not expecting much, and probably won't PO. I expect whatever comes out to be licensed-property cost with third-party quality. But the film looks good with some interesting design elements. I am a bit confused as to where exactly the book will be split. I think that Paul riding his first worm would be a good place to divide it with Dune 1 focusing on Paul the Atreides, and Dune 2 on Muad'dib and his fremen campaign. I dunno. Very excited for tomorrow night.

I've got my tickets for Thursday night with my wife, and my youngest son and I are watching it again Friday night at home. For me Dune is up there with Lord of the Rings. I'm interested to see what happens here, but I'm not expecting much, and probably won't PO. I expect whatever comes out to be licensed-property cost with third-party quality. But the film looks good with some interesting design elements. I am a bit confused as to where exactly the book will be split. I think that Paul riding his first worm would be a good place to divide it with Dune 1 focusing on Paul the Atreides, and Dune 2 on Muad'dib and his fremen campaign. I dunno. Very excited for tomorrow night.
I won't say anything, but you are sort of close. But definitely a good move to see it on the big screen !

Back