WATCHMEN TV Series in the works at HBO.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly. I doubt it was as bad when Moore wrote Watchmen, but in the decades since it's so common it's just stupid. By 2009 when they released the movie, I'd hoped they would have changed that incredibly dumb and obvious scene, but I guess like Dr. Manhattan's CGI-d nude wang, they were purists about it. (No space squid, though, caue THAT would have been too "outlandish.")

I'm once again reviving this necro-thread because of something one of the brain-dead typists at "Uproxx" just vomited out about Lindelof and Watchmen:

Yet with HBO’s Watchmen, he not only blew the Zack Snyder movie out of the water but also (arguably) the Alan Moore graphic novel, too. That show ended up being a masterpiece that recontextualized the source material, informed millions about the Tulsa Race Massacre, and added a Lube Man, who somehow made more sense than anyone would have believed from his description alone. What I’m saying is this: Lindelof can make anything work if he sees a project worthy of exploring. -Kimberly Ricci

Sometimes you just come across someone with their head sooooo far up their own ass, you just gotta share it so other people can witness the spectacle.

You heard it here first, folks. If you want to outdo the first comic book appearance of Wonder Woman or Batman, you'll have to tell a story about the Irish Potato Famine.

Isn't Uproxx the source that at one point flat-out said Alan Moore himself expressed disliking of the show, only to then go on basically saying he should just like it because it's 'good' (by their subjective measure)? Even if something is good on its own, as a piece of cinema or storytelling, doesn't mean it fits into the context of an older work as part of it. And to argue with the og creator, no less, is baffling.

Back