HBO: The Last of Us

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad it's getting good reviews. I'm mostly curious what people who never played the game think of it. As a fan of the games I already know the great parts of the story so it won't hit the same way as it will for people going in without any idea of what happens. I'll be watching with someone who doesn't play games so I'm curious how they'll react. First episode has a lot going on so it'll be fun to watch with them.

If they're used well it's no issue. The Alien wasn't exactly doing shots with Ripley on the Nostromo.
But Alien wasn't about a cordyceps fungus based apocalypse that ravaged the whole world and ended up infecting the majority of the human population, so far even people who haven't played the games and aren't that into the zombie genre have said the show is really lacking in zombies and that's disappointing because the infected/infection is what I was looking forward to the most in live action the first game is relentless when it comes to them and the very real and present threat they pose to everyone if I don't feel that in the show then it failed in making a good case for why the vaccine is so desperately needed when "the humans are the real threat".
I'm glad it's getting good reviews. I'm mostly curious what people who never played the game think of it. As a fan of the games I already know the great parts of the story so it won't hit the same way as it will for people going in without any idea of what happens. I'll be watching with someone who doesn't play games so I'm curious how they'll react. First episode has a lot going on so it'll be fun to watch with them.
Me too, it seems like everyone agrees that the first episode and the standalone episode with Bill and his partner are the best of the show so for new fans and we game fans there's going to be things is recognize and things we have never seen so I look forward to that.

Hmm another thread about “the original thing vs adaptation”…it’s not even out yet and we’re up to 11 pages. Gimme a minute…

Sofa: check
Glasses: check
Cola: check
Popcorn: check

Alright people, keep me entertained!

PS: HUGE LoU fan here, excited as … to watch this already.

It's actually the same core issue. Show less is more.

Plus humans are just as if not more dangerous than the infected.
True but the main selling point of the series is the relationship between the two characters and infected. It’ll feel like a walking dead rehash if we have another humans are bad scenario. Also the zombies in walking dead are unique it would suck if they showed little of them.

Always annoys me that review outlets and influencers get to wait things so much earlier, if it’s done just let me watch it :lol

Always annoys me that review outlets and influencers get to wait things so much earlier, if it’s done just let me watch it :lol
They just wanna fluff it up first and get people to get a good word out so their followers can watch it. I understand reviewers but influencers should wait like everyone else. Seems like they’ll give it a good score to anything since they’re just happy to be there. Same with games. If the game is ready and finished why do they get it first 😂. Sometimes they don’t even game

Humans are the real monsters, remember.
The whole point of the Last of Us is that humans are humans, flawed, emotional and capable of beautiful and nasty things and most of them are willing to go to dark places in order to survive, Joel perfectly encapsulates that.

Besides even the sickest of individuals like David were terrified of the cordyceps infection, it's why I love turning the infected against humans in Part 2 lol just seeing the wolves or rattlers start scrambling terrified when I draw a bunch of clickers to them was gratifying and reminded them and the player who or what are the real monsters in that world.
They just wanna fluff it up first and get people to get a good word out so their followers can watch it. I understand reviewers but influencers should wait like everyone else. Seems like they’ll give it a good score to anything since they’re just happy to be there. Same with games. If the game is ready and finished why do they get it first 😂. Sometimes they don’t even game
What sucks is like ironwez20 said most influencers will just praise something because they're happy to have been given the chance to be apart of it, it's what's happening with all those streamers and youtubers who were invited by HBO to watch the premiere and given some episodes to watch, it's especially annoying with games when they will just give away codes to people so they praise their game when they probably don't care much about it and then leak stuff to the public, God of War Ragnarok was given for free to a ton of influencers a few weeks before release and got leaked too at that point just release it, it doesn't make me excited if some influencers I don't follow are gushing about how amazing it is it just makes me mad that as a paying costumer I'm the one who has to wait. 😅

Last edited:
I don't play video games so I'd never heard of this before the TV show. Wife saw the trailer for it and thought it looked good so I may end up having to watch it. Personally the trailer didn't particularly interest me so I'm not looking forward to it at all.
These post apocalyptic zombie things bore me but the wife wants to watch it.
I'll probably read a book when it's on 😆

I don't play video games so I'd never heard of this before the TV show. Wife saw the trailer for it and thought it looked good so I may end up having to watch it. Personally the trailer didn't particularly interest me so I'm not looking forward to it at all.
These post apocalyptic zombie things bore me but the wife wants to watch it.
I'll probably read a book when it's on 😆
it’s not really about the zombies though.

Yes over time it just became trash and annoying. Use to be a huge pop culture staple but now it’s just a show that refuses to die. Like its name sake. Same crap over and over again . It got annoying.

Back