George Lucas: "I'm Retiring"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but the article I read has to do with Lucas not getting any backing from Hollywood studios for making and promoting Red Tails since the main cast is all black and he was told the studios didn't know how to market a film with no main white characters.

Did he call Tyler Perry?

Special Edition.

No one cares about the prequels any more. They're a blip on the ____ rader.

All I want, is the good, not trash, editions of Star Wars. Not a lot to ask for. I don't want to erase history. I want to preserve history.

At least he's admitting now that he's clueless.

We have to remember though that WE are the ones that dragged Lucas back in to this. Star Wars came and went in that late 80s/ early 90s. We the fans brought it back with a successful book series and great new figures from Hasbro. He never meant to bring it back and never had plans. Hell, he was washed up as a film maker with such blockbusters as Howard the Duck and Willow. We really can't be mad at a man that shouldn't have been in charge of Star Wars' second coming anyways.

Star Wars reboot direct by Tyler Perry with all black cast :pray:

Would Lando and Mace Windu then be white?

confused.jpg

LUCAS-
Congratulations! You just debuted your newest movie "Red Tails" to the tune of $19 million, the 2nd highest gross over the weekend and the audiences at Cinema Score reviewed your latest epic an "A" ! Entertainment Weekly expects these numbers to swell as the momentum grows.

HATERS-
What did you do this weekend?:cuckoo:

Somehow I don't think the fans are a "blip on his radar" either:wave

LUCAS-
Congratulations! You just debuted your newest movie "Red Tails" to the tune of $19 million, the 2nd highest gross over the weekend and the audiences at Cinema Score reviewed your latest epic an "A" ! Entertainment Weekly expects these numbers to swell as the momentum grows.

HATERS-
What did you do this weekend?:cuckoo:

Somehow I don't think the fans are a "blip on his radar" either:wave

I sat at home and didn't see his crappy movie.

I can and never will understand the hatred certain people have for George and his work outside of the OT.

Since internet blogging/feedback became so prevalent many people have decided to vent their spleens at George saying things like "you raped my childhood", "you ruined everything" Blah Blah. WTF people, what are you so angry about? In the grand scheme of things, seriously?

If you don't like his work, don't see his work, if you don't like the changes he makes to his movies, don't buy the new versions that come out, (that suspiciously go to the top of the sales charts anyway, so some haters are still buying).

Just because you have an opinion, (which you are completely entitled to), it's not always appropriate to share it, on the internet or in 'real life' as a lot of people don't really care what you think, everyone makes up their own mind... eventually. I know a lot of haters will get on and defend themselves by having a rant but I ask you to read the part about people not caring what you think again, just so it can sink in.

I personally think it's sad that George is retiring from the Star Wars Universe, it's a real loss, he has been a pioneer in the world of cinema. Many of you won't care what I think...... do you see how that works?

D :)

^ Because he physicality took away movies we loved. I don't care if they're "His". The public has already seen them. They've already grown up with them. They've already given you tons of ____ing money on useless ____. He OWES us that at least.

The prequels can suck it. They don't exist to me. But the originals do. Oh wait...no they don't. According to Lucas. THAT is why people don't like the man. That, and he's arrogant, and is surrounded by yes men who all bow before his every want and need, REGARDLESS if it's a terrible want or need.

So, if you can't understand why people hate the man, then you're just like Lucas. In the middle of a hurricane. Never once trying to reach out to the other side.

There are more Star Wars fans who don't give a ____, and will eat it up, then there is people who won't. We're just more vocal. He's still going to make money off crap, and that's whatever. But to IGNORE your fan base, to just dismiss them, is just retarded.

You shouldn't rely on your fans to make decisions for you, but you shouldn't ignore their input. That's what Lucas does. It makes me sick. And many others.

I don't know. It just gets me worked up whenever he opens his mouth. Because everything he says is just delusional, and inane.

Did anyone ever actually say 'he raped my childhood?' I swear I've only ever seen PT defenders claim that PT haters say it.

^^ I have no problem saying that George Lucas raped my childhood, because he did.

And I'm a PT hater.

I'm a PT hater aswell but statements like that are used as ammunition against us, to laugh at us. See above!

I don't hate the man, but he totally lost me with the direction he took Star Wars and continues to push me further away with every reminder of the PT that he inserts into the OT. But anyway...___k it.

Back