G.I. Joe: Classified 6" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah Snake Eyes seems like the only one worth getting ..the exclusive anyway..the general release might look stupid like these :thud:

The general release will look exactly the same but will come without the weapons rack, extra weapons, and the fancy packaging.

I expect this to be a situation like Marvel Legends where they release a modern outfit first before releasing the classic outfits that more people want, getting some people to buy the same characters over again.

The risk is the line tanks before their able to release the more classic looks. They're counting on people to buy these out of fear that this is all their going to get. (and yes I know some people will like the Fortnite aesthetic)

40 figures in and $800 later, then you can release the classic looks hopefully on vintage cardbacks as they've done with Marvel Legends and Star Wars Black Series.

They could announce them at Toyfair this year or it could be a few years, but I do believe we will get the classic looks at some point.

Just my opinion.

The problem with releasing classic looks later is you will only get a subset of the classics. You'll get a classic look of the core people and that's it. The rest of your collection will be fort-joe-nite

The problem with releasing classic looks later is you will only get a subset of the classics. You'll get a classic look of the core people and that's it. The rest of your collection will be fort-joe-nite

This is a property that they own outright and don't have to pay for licensing, which to me means they want this line to last a long time, if the sales are strong they would definitely keep pumping them out.

I'm stuck on whether I want to buy that Snake Eyes Hasbro Pulse exclusive... It's just a bigger box that puts the regular figure inside with a weapons rack for $50.

We all want this line to succeed, but this release feels cheap to me =/

Wishful thinking but I strongly doubt they'll be better in hand. These pics are pretty clear. Hasbro just continues to get it wrong.

I still think the resolute designs are the best modern interpretations. I dont know why it's so difficult for them to get back to basics... but if you want to update go with a successful update still with in reason from a design standpoint.

Other than feeling colossal disappointment at these rejected Fortnite designs, I'm actually kinda relieved they suck, so now I have no interest in collecting them. I already spend too much on Hot Toys and Masterpiece Transformers as it is. Hasbro really effed this up.

Seems such a step backwards from the awesome pursuit of Cobra line when these stop at retail last time. Hopefully this first wave doesn’t kill the line before it’s begun. Destro was Sideshow’s line killer since he is always a make or break design. Very risky putting him as the sole villain of the first wave. Hopefully we get some Cobra goodness in wave 2 to balance out the awful Joe choices in this wave.

I swear when I ordered this morning it said it was shipping April, now it says July. Did anyone else see the April date?

"This pre-order item will be available to ship on approx 04.01.2020." - my order.
They must have sold through their 1st allotment and July is the restock.

Damn, these designs totally missed the mark. Snake Eyes is at least close to looking like V2 Snake Eyes. Duke looks a little worse bit maybe acceptable, Scarlet and Roadblock look like they're not even related to GI Joe.

Damn, these designs totally missed the mark. Snake Eyes is at least close to looking like V2 Snake Eyes. Duke looks a little worse bit maybe acceptable, Scarlet and Roadblock look like they're not even related to GI Joe.

Was it so difficult to make 6" versions of the original 80s card art?

It would of set Joe on the map again, but instead we get figures that don't even look related to G.I.Joe ARAH. Not making Classic Card Art or Cartoon Joe is a failed opportunity

Has anyone here ever ordered from Hasbro Pulse before? I can't find any write up about what all the different shipping options are, and I'm gonna be mad if this box arrives to my house crushed and beat up.

Has anyone here ever ordered from Hasbro Pulse before? I can't find any write up about what all the different shipping options are, and I'm gonna be mad if this box arrives to my house crushed and beat up.

Mine have usually arrived in great shape, but it is far from guaranteed.

I’m not sure why some are complaining about this line. People need to realize that we haven’t been getting joe figures for a long time now and this is a step in the right direction. Although of course not perfect, it’s still progress towards what other people want in the future releases if these sell well. It’s all about progress. Sure I was kinda bummed about the roadblock rail gun and the gold accent stuff, but overall I’m pretty happy.

If we complain, there's a chance they'll fix it. Look at the Sonic movie and that horrible cg design, for instance =)

If we complain, there's a chance they'll fix it. Look at the Sonic movie and that horrible cg design, for instance =)

Good theory but chances are they’ve already got production goin for the next series. Plus I personally don’t think these look that bad. And yes I do agree these companies should listen to the fans.
Maybe do a press release of the designs before actually making them....

Snake Eyes and Duke look cool.

The redesigns don?t bother me. I also expected 6? ?realistic? versions of the 80s artwork, but Snake sets and Duke are nice. If this line does well, ?retro? versions will be inevitable.

And yeah, Roadblock and Scarlett look like generic crap, but let?s be honest, it?s Roadblock and Scarlett. Nobody cares about them, retro or redesigned. Just wait until they do more troops and ninjas. Cobra troops, Firefly, the Cobra BAT.

The Star Wars black series SUCKED in the beginning. Now look at it. Give these some time.

While I'm with those interested in the classic version, I'm okay with modern design (everything has to evolve over time). I suppose my ultimate interest would be seeing updated versions of the classic look (ex. instead of Roadblock having a camo tank top, maybe an armored camo vest).

Back