Future of DC Films (DCEU)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t stand the evil Superman trope. It’s been done to death and it looked stupid in snyders vision. Infact I pretty much hated everything about the nightmare stuff. Even though leto joker wasn’t a gangsta anymore he still looked dumb.

I find it hilarious that even Snyder didn’t want the tats.

I can’t stand the evil Superman trope. It’s been done to death and it looked stupid in snyders vision. Infact I pretty much hated everything about the nightmare stuff. Even though leto joker wasn’t a gangsta anymore he still looked dumb.

I find it hilarious that even Snyder didn’t want the tats.
Doesn’t help that the presented turn felt instantaneous since they rushed everything. If anything Superman turning that fast made him unstable to begin with, which I thought was exactly the point Snyder Batman was trying to make (could be wrong has been a while since I watched it), no unstable “god” can have that power. I hated his Superman to begin with plus the Knightmare seemed pointless. Probably was a story there that would have been good, Infinity War-esque where the bad guy (Superman) falls to the dark side and ultimately wins, sequel sees the remnants of league fighting for or against, or even old enemies joining the fight (like Joker), then Flash somehow reversing it in the end, go to next movie and they get one more shot to save the present and future. The general storybeats do seem intriguing if properly flushed out.

Also doesn’t help Snyder is the fact that other comics/shows did the evil Superman trope or morally questionable better, most notably DC Injustice, The Boys, and Invincible to name a few.

Only thing I liked from Knightmare was that Batsuit. It was pretty cool, bought the Hot Toym had it on my shelf for a year or more, then sold it for double before the re-release one was announced so thanks Snyder.

Doesn’t help that the presented turn felt instantaneous since they rushed everything. If anything Superman turning that fast made him unstable to begin with, which I thought was exactly the point Snyder Batman was trying to make (could be wrong has been a while since I watched it), no unstable “god” can have that power. I hated his Superman to begin with plus the Knightmare seemed pointless. Probably was a story there that would have been good, Infinity War-esque where the bad guy (Superman) falls to the dark side and ultimately wins, sequel sees the remnants of league fighting for or against, or even old enemies joining the fight (like Joker), then Flash somehow reversing it in the end, go to next movie and they get one more shot to save the present and future. The general storybeats do seem intriguing if properly flushed out.

Also doesn’t help Snyder is the fact that other comics/shows did the evil Superman trope or morally questionable better, most notably DC Injustice, The Boys, and Invincible to name a few.

Only thing I liked from Knightmare was that Batsuit. It was pretty cool, bought the Hot Toym had it on my shelf for a year or more, then sold it for double before the re-release one was announced so thanks Snyder.
I think I will say that I liked the bat suit from the Snyder films. I think it was the first batsuit that didn’t look all tatical and hard to move in. I grew to hate the bale tdk and tdkr suit.

Then of course we had to adapt tdkr. Hate that comic so much. I was open to Batman being older, I like new things added when done well but this was done poorly as they didn’t have a history or bond. Dude says Martha once and suddenly Batman falls in love with the guy.

Also in a movie called Batman vs Superman there wasn’t a lot of Batman fighting Superman lol.

Thought that was kinda stupid. Godzilla vs Kong hilariously handled this better.
I would have called the movie worlds finest. But hey what can ya do.

But still I was very excited about some of the ideas passed around. Maybe if they built the universe from the ground up it would have been better.

Man that flash film is definitely going to be confusing

Last edited:
Jonathan Kent raised an orphan baby
I would expect the same from Clark Kent.

Hard to believe bruce wayne a playboy philanthropist /super hero couldn't shag a new paper reporter

Its not like louis cheated onClark, he was dead.

Bruce saved Martha Clark in bvs , brought superman back to life, and saved louis, why would Clark Kent not raise a son like his adopted father did

I do think snyder would of changed that plot line if the JL sequels would of been made

Attachments

• tumblr_pmnggmOdSI1wa6pqgo1_1280.png
    tumblr_pmnggmOdSI1wa6pqgo1_1280.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Jonathan Kent raised an orphan baby
I would expect the same from Clark Kent.

Hard to believe bruce wayne a playboy philanthropist /super hero couldn't shag a new paper reporter

Its not like louis cheated onClark, he was dead.

Bruce saved Martha Clark in bvs , brought superman back to life, and saved louis, why would Clark Kent not raise a son like his adopted father did

I do think snyder would of changed that plot line if the JL sequels would of been made

He already has changed it. The relationship between Lois and Bruce would have already happened.

The idea is pretty out there. Nothing wrong with it though. Very ballsy like many of the ideas.

Snyder could solve world hunger and he would have done it wrong.

If you don’t see the problem with Lois Lane and Bruce Wayne, you either don’t read comics or are a Level 8 member of the Snyder Cult :lol

Everything about that relationship, dying to save her, having a kid with her, is totally wrong and a disservice to all characters involved in this fan fic love triangle.

I don’t think Snyder could solve an issue as complex as world hunger. He struggled building a fake universe so I don’t see any contribution he could make to the real one.

I just rewatched MOS first flight on a large OLED with Atmos and let me tell you WB’s new Superman is ****** :rotfl

Whoever they come up with he’s just not going to top my man Cavill in that brilliantly executed scene he just isn’t.

BA might’ve sucked but Cavill looked freaking bad ass in that cameo he owns the screen when he’s on it.

You know where WB dropped the ball with Superman?

You have to go all the way back to The Matrix.

Don’t get me wrong I love the first Matrix but think about it up to that point the world still had never seen Superman flying around with modern CGI and CGI had already been successfully used since T2 and JP.

The Matrix comes and shows Neo flying with CGI while wearing a damn coat no less (really a cape) :slap and robs the world of experiencing Superman flying with CGI first! :gah:

In a way Neo stole Superman’s thunder!

Then Superman Returns happened the least said the better lol :slap

Yes the plane rescue in 3D on a real Imax was spectacular but BR was not a man’s man Superman like Cavill turned out to be.

Last edited:
I just read a rant on Tumblr about how Netflix series inevitably get cancelled before they can reach a satisfactory conclusion.

Now I see #SellTheSnyderverseToNetflix is trending on Twitter!

Does anyone remember when Fox was new and first started?

Things like 21 Jump Street would probably not have survived on the other major networks. Certainly Married With Children would not have made it. No one would have green lit the Tracey Ullman show, which ended up setting the stage for The Simpsons. They gave a lot of shows early on a chance to make it. They held onto X Files while it was in that Friday night death zone and then it got steam to be their big Sunday night hit. Then with some time, they started cancelling shows left and right. And we lost Firefly. Had Freaks and Geeks aired on Fox instead, maybe it would have made it. A lot of what we lose is also about timing.

Right now is just a bad time for being a TV show hoping to get renewed. Economy is not great. Lots of bombs were made and got lots of people fired. There has never been more antagonism between show runners and their audiences. The push for original programming for every network has reached a saturation point. There is a legitimate pushback against aggressive wokeness and identity politics infused in entertainment.

What's going on with the DCEU is part of a larger situation across the entire industry.

Right now, there is both too much original content and too little at the same time. So much original content means fringe licenses actually have a chance. Cowboy BeBop is one case. That kind of show doesn't get made back in the old TV era. However the trade off is a show like that has to compete against a tidal wave of other programs competing for viewers attention. And so it's easier to die off too. The spread also thins out the practical production talent. You have stupid people in charge of Rings Of Power because what's left? I mean the most talented people are likely locked into other running projects.

I believe James Gunn can make this work. Just focus on letting the audience have a fun time. It's no surprise Wonder Woman 1984 failed. It was Patty Jenkins using the film as a free personal therapy session to grind every personal axe she has against everyone she hated in her personal life.

Sucks Cavill has to be collateral damage, but it's a problem where the blame is spread out. Amber Heard, Whedon, the Cyborg guy, Affleck and his drinking, Ezra Miller kidnapping people, incomprehensible woke messes like Birds Of Prey and WW84, it's a long list. Even if Will Smith comes back at some point, even he created some toxic baggage that won't go away.

Sometimes healthy flesh needs to get cut out to excise the cancer. In this case, it's probably Cavill. That's unfortunate.

These people got their shot. And for the most part, they blew it. That's on them. We see it in sports all the time. If your team can't win, they churn out the roster until they find players who can help them win. And sometimes a few players who are pretty useful get the boot too unfairly. But it's how it works.

I just read a rant on Tumblr about how Netflix series inevitably get cancelled before they can reach a satisfactory conclusion.

Now I see #SellTheSnyderverseToNetflix is trending on Twitter!
Saw this aswell. They got to be absolutely insane to think netflix of all places would treat them right or pick it up. The desperation is astounding. Netflix is quick to cancel anything that doesn’t get new subs.

Saw this aswell. They got to be absolutely insane to think netflix of all places would treat them right or pick it up. The desperation is astounding. Netflix is quick to cancel anything that doesn’t get new subs.
Yeah. It could be the highest rated show on the platform and they’d cancel it if they thought it was “only” catering to current subscribers.

DE68F5C4-44FE-4FB9-B871-D4BA91DEAE81.gif

I have surveyed the landscape looking for “Release The Ayer Cut” blimps and banners where there were once “Release The Snyder Cut” blimps and banners. I have yet to see them….👀

Yeah. It could be the highest rated show on the platform and they’d cancel it if they thought it was “only” catering to current subscribers.

What's being said about the recently cancelled 1899 ( I liked it, I thought it was a good show for as far as it went...) is that Netflix is looking at show completion rate.

I.E. how many people start a series and end up watching it through the entire season. The argument was that something like The Expanse, a very large number of people who watched it were going to finish it. While 1899 got some heavy traction in the first 3-4 episodes, then nose dived. The consideration being that total viewers is a different issue than legacy viewers.

If Robert Kirkman and AMC could do it over again, I suspect they'd rethink the entire "Glenn" situation/controversy. Because after that season opener where Glenn was phased out of the show, the audience viewership took a nosedive. Then apparently it happened again with Carl and Rick at different points. But the critical factor was that TWD was still AMC's flagship show, it couldn't rely on Mad Men and Breaking Bad anymore to prop up it's original programming. If your only cow is giving up only half the milk it used to give, well it's your only cow.

So "slow burn" is different from "waste time"

Severance had some slow burn moments but there was clear narrative structure behind it. It's pretty obvious when former hits like Glee, True Blood, Lost and TWD were just plain padding time to stretch out more seasons.

This is also just bad timing. And some bad luck mixed in with self inflicted chaos. If the DCEU paced up much faster, to cash in on the hype around things like Iron Man and Captain America, the audience base would be more hungry for super hero stuff. Instead, the incompetence and scandal kept pushing things back until the entire genre hit a real saturation point.

You know where WB dropped the ball with Superman?

You have to go all the way back to The Matrix.

Don’t get me wrong I love the first Matrix but think about it up to that point the world still had never seen Superman flying around with modern CGI and CGI had already been successfully used since T2 and JP.

The Matrix comes and shows Neo flying with CGI while wearing a damn coat no less (really a cape) :slap and robs the world of experiencing Superman flying with CGI first! :gah:

In a way Neo stole Superman’s thunder!
True^, while the homage was obvious then, likely lost on todays fans, he literally steps out of a phonebooth (instead of taking off glasses puts them on embracing his destiny as the one) becoming the "neo" cyberpunk Übermensch...
7784ic.gif

77dwue.gif

Last edited:
Yeah Cavill is awesome. WB really screwed up by not attempting to salvage his Superman.
Seems like they just wanted to kill off anything Snyder came up with. Probably because the box office never lived up to expectation. Yet...he's the only one that came up with anything and executed it.

Will see what Gunn does. Not impressed so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back