Future of DC Films (DCEU)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
much appreciated
No problem!

1CEB022A-92A4-4EB9-8B13-A2D3303F892E.jpeg

I’m glad Henry is back. His appearance at the end of Black Adam was fantastic - he looks perfect in the role.

I hope JJ and Coates’ movie is truly dead.

I like James Gunn. I hope the Secret Film, he pitched is a Plastic Man project or something because comedy is where Gunn shines.

This guy's video sums it up well. Gunn and Safran's comment in the Hollywood Reporter is also positive to re-read in isolation.

I also don't think Gunn will be injecting his style into every movie.

Screenshot 2022-10-26 at 08.39.51.jpg

Why "outside" of DC?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/m...r-safran-to-lead-film-tv-division-1235248438/
“Unlike Marvel Studios, DC has multiple films set in separate creative universes, and according to sources, Joker filmmaker Todd Phillips’ work on the upcoming sequel, which goes into production later this year, will not fall under Gunn and Safran’s purview and instead will be overseen by De Luca and Abdy. Matt Reeves, who worked under Hamada, has a budding universe based on his The Batman movie. It is unclear under whose purview Reeves’ future projects would fall, but everything else moving forward would be under Gunn and Safran’s.”

So we’ll see with Reeves. But IIRC his trilogy exists outside of the main continuity per contract with WB, and the Gunn/Safran duo is in charge of building that main continuity into a MCU-like product.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/m...r-safran-to-lead-film-tv-division-1235248438/
“Unlike Marvel Studios, DC has multiple films set in separate creative universes, and according to sources, Joker filmmaker Todd Phillips’ work on the upcoming sequel, which goes into production later this year, will not fall under Gunn and Safran’s purview and instead will be overseen by De Luca and Abdy. Matt Reeves, who worked under Hamada, has a budding universe based on his The Batman movie. It is unclear under whose purview Reeves’ future projects would fall, but everything else moving forward would be under Gunn and Safran’s.”

So we’ll see with Reeves. But IIRC his trilogy exists outside of the main continuity per contract with WB, and the Gunn/Safran duo is in charge of building that main continuity into a MCU-like product.
Yep agreed. Cavill, Batfleck and Gadot will be the main Trinity for the DCU. Other projects like The Batman have been put off to the side as parallel projects. But they clearly aren't connected to the main DCU.

I'm sure Gunn will work to develop various additional characters (in addition to the Trinity and presumably Justice Society + Black Adam) which could come together in a cross over event down the line. Logically that would be against Darkseid.

I'm thinking we'll still get bits and pieces of the Snyderverse, but the plan will most probably be quite a bit different to what he was originally thinking. I still think they will get Zack back for the finale/s. Like they did with the Russo's. i.e Involved in most of the projects and all working toward a final event directed by Zack when he is free of his Netflix contract. The free "hype" they would get from that would be amazing.

That's my hope at least.

Hmmm... not really sure what to make of this bit of news.
As most, I really liked GOTG 1, but didn't like GOTG 2 very much. I thought TSS was so over the top as to be almost good, but not really my thing.
Sooo... yeah. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what those two guys come up with. At the very least, it's encouraging that Cavill is back and apparently so is Affleck.
I also find it interesting that Matt Reeves is left alone to do his thing with The Batman, and Philips with Joker 2.

'Our commitment to Superman, Batman, Wonderwoman, Aquaman and Harley Quinn' ... no mention of the Flash there. Makes it seem like they will be minimising the involvement of this version of the character going forward, begone problem actor. It's so weird to see Harley up there with the other big named characters.

'Our commitment to Superman, Batman, Wonderwoman, Aquaman and Harley Quinn' ... no mention of the Flash there. Makes it seem like they will be minimising the involvement of this version of the character going forward, begone problem actor. It's so weird to see Harley up there with the other big named characters.
Am sure they are just keeping the limelight off that tender area for now. I think they'll just replace him for any future movies.

So its like a "pick your canon" thing.

I honestly think it’s stupid to have movies in different universes. It will cause oversaturation imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back