Future of DC Films (DCEU)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't disagree with you generally, as I stated I was a fan of both MoS and BvS, but despite the montage, he still has done that much relative to the character when he dies in the comic. No one is saying that he wasn't a hero and that his death wasn't tragic, especially from the DCEU world's perspective.

Superman died after 60 years and hundreds of issues in the comics, while in the DCEU he died in his second movie - to me, this is why it lacks emotional resonance with the audience, unlike when Iron Man died in Endgame, he had been around for 15 years in the MCU world, 11 in ours and in nine movies. A montage isn't comparable to nine movies worth of heroics and character arcs.
Pretty much this right here. kinda just blowing through any and all development

I don't disagree with you generally, as I stated I was a fan of both MoS and BvS, but despite the montage, he still has done that much relative to the character when he dies in the comic. No one is saying that he wasn't a hero and that his death wasn't tragic, especially from the DCEU world's perspective.

Superman died after 60 years and hundreds of issues in the comics, while in the DCEU he died in his second movie - to me, this is why it lacks emotional resonance with the audience, unlike when Iron Man died in Endgame, he had been around for 15 years in the MCU world, 11 in ours and in nine movies. A montage isn't comparable to nine movies worth of heroics and character arcs.
Yeah, I understand where you're coming from. It worked fine for me, but I understand how it isn't ideal.

That's excellent !!

Speaking of Twitter, I see Grace Randolf got her *$$ handed to her today.

She blocked me (at the time I was supporting her actually, totally nonsensical). I heard she was still trying to say he doesn’t have a contract. Fans called her out?

Well that came out of left field ! But Gunn at least has good experience with how Marvel works I guess. Barring his earlier tweets, he comes across in social media these days as pretty level headed and a knowledgeable guy in the comic movie area. I really enjoyed what he did with GotG and can't wait for GotG3. Also enjoyed Peacemaker & TSSquad actually.

I can't imagine his humour and style will rub off onto everything they do at WB, he's not that stupid. But I just hope he has a good relationship with Snyder. In fact just thinking about that he was pretty careful I believe for his Suicide Squad not to do or say anything regarding it's position wrt to the Snyderverse. So I guess he at least had experience with fans wanting more of the Snyderverse.

Personally I think they would be on a similar wavelength.

Still early days though, but in any case he's got to be better than Hamada !

TSS was a big financial flop. It lost money.

Yeah but this was also with some post covid hesitation from audiences and a same day HBO max release.

They were critical successes for what up to that point had been a pretty divisive DCEU
Screenshot_20221025-144754_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20221025-144814_Chrome.jpg

Personally dislike Gunn quite a lot, and other than Guardians 1, really hate his work. After the Cavill announcement I had a bit of a rejuvenated interest in the DC Universe, but I'm back to square one again. No expectations and complete apathy with this brand. Oh well.

Personally dislike Gunn quite a lot, and other than Guardians 1, really hate his work. After the Cavill announcement I had a bit of a rejuvenated interest in the DC Universe, but I'm back to square one again. No expectations and complete apathy with this brand. Oh well.
Yeah i’m not too excited either.

I hated his SS movie and Peacemaker hell no!

ZS or GTFO.

Yeah i’m not too excited either.

I hated his SS movie and Peacemaker hell no!

ZS or GTFO.
How I feel too, but I pretty much accepted it wasn't going to happen with Zack. I thought if we got something in between it could have been at least reasonable but instead we get a guy who thinks jokes which would be made on the middle school playground are the greatest trick a comedian has. EdGy.

And he's the Fiege of all of this with creative control?? No thanks.

How I feel too, but I pretty much accepted it wasn't going to happen with Zack. I thought if we got something in between it could have been at least reasonable but instead we get a guy who thinks jokes which would be made on the middle school playground are the greatest trick a comedian has. EdGy.

And he's the Fiege of all of this with creative control?? No thanks.
The humor in his SS was even worse than MCU humor. The counting of the kills was super cringe lol

How do you set a moving pfp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back