Future of DC Films (DCEU)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait for The Black Adam Film. Black Adam is one of my favorite DC Characters since the 52 Weeks. He was so cool in it. I bet everything will get on track really well with Black Adam Film for The DCEU. Dwayne Johnson looks so well in the new cool Black Adam costume, it is like he is born to play the role. I bet Black Adam will be a really popular character with the film. I have high hopes for the Black Adam film.

Last edited:
This is really interesting. I’m no expert whatsoever, I just have a layman’s knowledge of cinematography. But my impression is that folks behind this series of analysis videos do know what then hell they’re talking about.

Last edited:
Is there any toxic Michael Bay fans? At least Snyder follows the script lol.
Lol no 😂. Who the hell stans for bay after the transformers. Atleast Snyder tried to make something fans wanted. Bay just said “ **** it I’ll do it my way and if you don’t like it then **** you to. Nerd”!

I remember tho he had a forum and posted on the tmnt side and he had a small group of fans protecting him.

They are. But that’s all fandom.

Some definitely are wez. FWIW most of the Snyderverse fandom that I know is not though. But even for the toxic Snyderverse fans it’s important to bear in mind that something that they deeply enjoy and care about a lot is constantly under assault, being savaged by other people.

Last edited:
If you look at the article sources that fed into Ann Sarnoff being asked by an interviewer about 'death threats' from Snyder fans, it all leads back to just one tweet from one guy "with a Batman avatar." 🤷‍♂️
Instead of finishing what they started, they chose to play the victim so that people will finally go away. :lol

Didn’t the so called “toxic” Snyder fans raise like 250k for suicide awareness/prevention? That doesn’t seem very toxic lol. Like you said there’s toxic people in all fan bases, but that doesn’t mean that makes up the majority.
So? Star Wars fans raise money for charity to. Still the same fandom that bullies children and actors. Take a trip down the Twitter the Batman tag or restore the Snyder verse tag and see the toxicity there. Not everyone but a good number are very toxic toward people who don’t like snyders dc movies.

So? Star Wars fans raise money for charity to. Still the same fandom that bullies children and actors. Take a trip down the Twitter the Batman tag or restore the Snyder verse tag and see the toxicity there. Not everyone but a good number are very toxic toward people who don’t like snyders dc movies.

I’m really not sure what point you’re trying to make here Wez. We both agree that there is toxicity sprinkled throughout just about every group of fandom, yet you seem to really cling on to and personally hate a specific group of “toxic fandom” so much. I don’t have time nor do I care what these toxic vocal minorities are saying. I’m certainly not going to let them hinder my enjoyment of what I like or go out of my way to look on Twitter/ FB just to see that non-sense. Most people don’t care and neither should you.

I’m really not sure what point you’re trying to make here Wez. We both agree that there is toxicity sprinkled throughout just about every group of fandom, yet you seem to really cling on to and personally hate a specific group of “toxic fandom” so much. I don’t have time nor do I care what these toxic vocal minorities are saying. I’m certainly not going to let them hinder my enjoyment of what I like or go out of my way to look on Twitter/ FB just to see that non-sense. Most people don’t care and neither should you.
Yea your right snoopy. I’m getting a bit to old to care about what hateful fans say anyway. As I grow I’m starting to see that the “ toxicity “ of certain fandoms will never go away.
On a Batman Facebook group and everyday it’s whose the best Batman and how this Batman can beat the other Batman . It’s literally exhausting. Reminds me of of the anime debates I had about dbz vs naruto. Still to this day those are are still going as well. Sometimes you just have to shrug and let people be miserable and enjoy what you like.

@discoveryplus on Twitter is inviting people to take a survey to become Warner Bros. Discovery 'influencers,' i.e. apparently take surveys that they send you.

https://discoverycomm.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1H3Fpgdh0ZSO5G5?Source=Social22Twitter
wbinfluencers.png

Coming back to sing the praises of BvS:

In my recent re-watching of BvS (UE, of course, only way to watch the movie), I noticed how neatly Snyder deals with the pros and cons of "The Cape".
When Batman takes on Luthor's goons to SAVE MARTHA, he jumps off the Batplane and glides down, and in a very cool shot you see the cape fully extended as he smashes through the window, showcasing the cape's use without making a big deal out of it. Similarly, just moments later, as Batman is fighting the goons, there's a very quick scene where one of them actually grabs the cape and pulls Batman down, acknowledging the shortcomings of the cape without making a big deal out of it.
Damn, Snyder is good with that kind of stuff! :bow

Another thing that struck me, which I haven't mentioned I think, is just how well written (and acted) Alfred is. His dry humour, the tough yet loving relationship between these two men, the way their dialogue hints at all the things they've gone through together. I don't think I've seen such a cool Alfred in any other movie. Got to give Serkis time, of course, but so far Iron's Alfred is by far the best.

Yeah, the subtext in the BVS Alfred relationship is great. It's interesting how Alfred protests Bruce's plans for targeting Superman but remains loyal to him. It suggests how Alfred was devoted to taking care of Bruce after the Waynes' deaths, and just sort of got dragged into supporting him in his superheroics despite having no particular ambition of his own in that area.

I found this article, where Chloe Zhao praises Man of Steel (translated from the French). I like her comparison of it to a Terrence Malick film. Always good to get some backup from credible people who also see Zack Snyder as a visionary auteur rather than a Hollywood hack:

https://cinema.jeuxactu.com/news-ci...-realisatrice-chloe-zhao-s-explique-34878.htm
We get that Ikaris could have been the inspiration for the creation of Superman in the comic books.

You say it, not me! Superman is the Übermensch, the ultimate man, the superman, a concept that exists in all cultures. Of all the modern interpretations of Superman, it's Zack Snyder's with Man Of Steel who inspired me the most because he approached this myth in an authentic and very real way. I remember thinking it was Superman by Terrence Malick when I saw the trailer. This film left a strong impression on me. But Ikaris is of course our own interpretation of Superman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back