EXO-6 Star Trek "The Wrath of Khan" Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These look great. Considering that you guys have these years of practice and experience with TWOK and were 75 % —- 90 % of the journey there on these what is taking sooo long while you are able to churn out preorders on new properties like SNW and P3 ? Lat summer TWOK Spock was predicted for a September preorder at the convention.

I have nothing to do with Exo6 🤷🏻‍♂️ Also I'm sure there's more planning that goes into order of releases than "how soon can we get everything out"

I'd say the Exo collar is a whole lot closer than that aged yellow on the costume.
Before people start panicking, the coats were never red with white collars.

gettyimages-691253350.jpg
I know this seemIngly goes directly against the point Jar-Jar made above, but I think that off-white look is a product of the lighting used in that scene.

Take a look at these screen shots below. Even Captain Terrell’s rank clip on his right shoulder and David’s shirt appear slightly tinted to the yellow/ivory in this scene and we know for sure those are white in other scenes.

Also, the collars lit from behind in the second shot certainly look white.

For the record, I think the white color EXO used in the Saavik prototype is far more pleasing and jibes much better with my memory of the jacket.

View attachment 669771View attachment 669772View attachment 669773View attachment 669774
The slight color variation on the collar does look like it is needed, though what really stands out in that scene to me is what also might be needed is a second more intense Kirk expression.
87wm6m.gif
322b2027e4e20e12947059711d439f23.gif

While the friendly captain on the bridge smile, captures the moment,
This film to me, and its presence on the shelf, I would want it to be more about the classic stand-off between the two great character rivals; Kirk vs. Khan
3cad58c0604f6cdeca7f14be4c80e434.gif

def12303f35445dd2491fdbe40a8a486.gif

Not necessarily all out "KHAAAN!" screaming Kirk, but possibly a second Kirk head sculpt, looking at least a little more stern.

And of course...
khan-jpg.571269
... if a Khan update is forthcoming? We can get the addition of some of the Ceti-Alpha apocalyptic-nomad survivor gear look;
Headdress, scrap-metal-goggles, (a second gloved hand, whatever knife maybe goes in that sheath), and cloak, etc.
6fvhlz.gif

b81e9e8dc508ce8b621290156734cb60.jpg

Wasn't there some face to face / mano a mano sword fight between Khan and Kirk in the origina script?
b64dfdc4-259c-4463-bf14-96b1ac8de35e-jpeg.568207

3759fd12-20c3-4909-ac08-36ae41c06da4-gif.568208
https://64.media.tumblr.com/a1c7a02...01fb906aec100ddae4607be86ad88b2dc3b08c3b.gifv
6fwx56.jpg

ApcCvxT.jpg

Last edited:
I love the old Star Trek recently, and it's so engaging. It's the whole non CGI, then the acting felt like it was another time period and then everyything is a buildup to 1 big finish at the end typically.

You had beautiful girls and just....what an amazing show. Modern Star Trek doesn't seem to want to attract new fans, but rather fans who hate the old star trek.

But watching the old shows makes me want to dive into everything...but money is so finite. I will get Khan, but just waiting patiently.

I want to dive into the line, and it's a shame that they have done such a poor job really making sure the original series isn't promoted more, even today. Picard isn't going to move toys like Next Gen or TOS.

I love the old Star Trek recently, and it's so engaging. It's the whole non CGI, then the acting felt like it was another time period and then everyything is a buildup to 1 big finish at the end typically.

You had beautiful girls and just....what an amazing show. Modern Star Trek doesn't seem to want to attract new fans, but rather fans who hate the old star trek.

But watching the old shows makes me want to dive into everything...but money is so finite. I will get Khan, but just waiting patiently.

I want to dive into the line, and it's a shame that they have done such a poor job really making sure the original series isn't promoted more, even today. Picard isn't going to move toys like Next Gen or TOS.
I can't say I blame Nanjin for striking while the iron is hot. Two years from now, Picard stuff maybe move a whole lot slower. Same with SNW. If it only has three seasons, a few years from now, those figures may not recoup their money. Trust me, I'm an old TOS dude myself, but it appears he's using money from these sales to fund a really good TOS/TWoK line, in effect saving the best for last.

Last edited:
I think part of it is he also likes the challenge of creating more complex figures and outfits, and wanted to show what else his team was capable of. Instead of just cranking out more basic TOS figures at the start that everyone's already seen before.

I just hope collectors continue to be invested in the line by that time, and haven't become completely burnt out with the multitude of other Trek characters and spinoffs we're getting from Exo-6....

All the NuTrek stuff will mostly be skipped and save me money. I do like the older versions of some TNG characters like Riker and Worf.

Picard will be skipped, but I'm getting all of the TNG crew.

The wait is tough but as the saying goes, they’re “saving the best for last.” I believe it was suggested that TOS and TNG are held in the highest esteem by NT and should get the red carpet treatment in design and production. I think they threw out 2025 or something like that for TOS Kirk but TNG should have a few more releases in the New Year. I’d assume TWOK would come out next year as well (big three), the teases we’ve seen post-Mission Chicago (Spock) look the same so I guess he’s done. They built up so much hype over a summer release and started with Saavik, they could’ve thrown a bone and given one of the big hitters.

The older shows were just incredibly well done and left a lasting impression on people, it was such a great time to be around and experience it. I watch them all consistently.

Last edited:
The wait is a real slog on these. However I'm happy to wait in order to get excellent sculpts.

89o9sj.jpg

89oa0u.jpg

I really hope they switch to sculpted hair on Khan. That rooted hair ruins the entire figure.
I'm not sure, their mid length sculpted hair seem to suffer from horrible clay helmet head, and gives me little confidence in seeing them do longer sculpted hair, which might look and make a horrible un-poseable amorphous blob.
While their longer rooted hair can get a bit froufrou if not tamed and posed right (and not everyone has got the patience for that?), I think it looks better....
khan-jpg.571269

131313-jpg.571496

screenshot_20220409-092439_facebook-jpg.571211

89ofjr.gif

89ogyo.gif

a9c4ceab-14bb-439c-aba0-711029c34f3a-jpeg.571228

They seem to be working out the deatails and have taken on the challenge of rooted hair, so I'm anxious to see their finalized Khan.
I think the longer rooted hair lends itself better to the more detailed substantial figures, and can still look much more professional/realistic to me. While the sculpted clay hair just looks cheaper.
Wish we could see options for both....

Last edited:
They didn’t put their best people on VOY, that’s obvious. The hair on those figures was undoubtedly going to reflect that. I’d like to see longer sculpted hair from another line so we can accurately judge. Maybe STP S3 Seven will release before Khan which could provide better insight on their hair sculpting ability.

Back