EXO-6 Star Trek "The Wrath of Khan" Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_3422.jpeg
Why would that be, when Saavik is just ‘round the corner? Be a shame to release her not to par and then change the rest up later.

Wait so all TWOK figures including Saavik?? Or just the future ones?

Are we sure we're not misinterpreting (myself included) because it also kind of sounds like he was saying he had the samples shipped to him so it would NOT delay the TWOK figures.

Also even if it delays Saavik but they nail the color down I don't know why it would effect any other TWOK figures since none have even been put up for PO.

I know that delays are a bummer but there's a lot of other figures to look forward to in the meantime.

Why would that be, when Saavik is just ‘round the corner? Be a shame to release her not to par and then change the rest up later.

It would seem that yes— Saavik will be delayed 6 months to a year. The issue seems to be with “the Away jacket” . He says this will delay the whole TWOK line.
Spock never wears an “Away jacket” in TWOK and obviously Khan himself is not Starflleet, but it certainly affects Kirk and McCoy. Unless they were to release the “non-Away team” editions separately and early. But it doesn’t seem like he has any plans of the sort.

My theory is that he is saving TWOK and TOS in general for the big finally. Exo-6 will end after he completes his mission, and he wants to end on a high note.
I just hope that TWOK "high note" won't be Khan himself, cause that's the character I want most :lol

Last edited:
Are we sure we're not misinterpreting (myself included) because it also kind of sounds like he was saying he had the samples shipped to him so it would NOT delay the TWOK figures.

Also even if it delays Saavik but they nail the color down I don't know why it would effect any other TWOK figures since none have even been put up for PO.

I know that delays are a bummer but there's a lot of other figures to look forward to in the meantime.
Perhaps you are right. On second ( third ) read, maybe what he is saying is that they can’t wait for the end of April for him to return. That would mean the 6-12 month delay. But since he’s having the swatches sent to him ( at great expense) he can make the decision and get the ball rolling from USA, sooner . I dunno.

Nanjin has been working on TWOK figures since before his time at QMx. I know, because I own all three of his DS Studio TWOK figures. It begs the question, why the delay? My theory is that he is saving TWOK and TOS in general for the big finally. Exo-6 will end after he completes his mission, and he wants to end on a high note. In the meantime, he will toss us a bone, such as Saavik, to keep our interest, but for the most part, expect a lot more of the spinoff figures in the near future.
Your theory is likely correct, although Nanjin has said that he's ending the line with "The Undiscovered Country"...
Things could change; aside from a few more wrinkles & grey hairs- how different do Kirk & Co. really look from TWOK?

I've been burned too many times by companies (like QMx) starting lines (Firefly, Princess Bride) and then abandoning them after one or two figures, so EXO's approach here is costing them a lot of my business. If I had the TWOK figures in hand, I'd be very likely to keep building y ST collection. But I don't want a ST collection without TWOK, so I'm not really ordering many of the others for fear of coming up short in the end.

That sucks about Saavik being delayed so long and thus putting off the rest of TWOK. I’m happy to be getting a good amount of TNG though.

I've been burned too many times by companies (like QMx) starting lines (Firefly, Princess Bride) and then abandoning them after one or two figures, so EXO's approach here is costing them a lot of my business. If I had the TWOK figures in hand, I'd be very likely to keep building y ST collection. But I don't want a ST collection without TWOK, so I'm not really ordering many of the others for fear of coming up short in the end.

I can understand the frustration, but as someone who bought QMX's Mal Reynolds, I can say I'm at least happy he's repped in my collection. Likewise with the, possibly aborted, Breaking Bad line from 3Zero. I'm happy to have Walt and Jessie at least.
If Exo6 went under tomorrow and we never got another figure shipped, I'd still be happy to have what I do have.
Basically, if they put out one you like, just get it. No company can guarantee it will finish a line. Even Hot Toys will routinely put out prototypes it never, ever puts up for preorder.

It's this that Nanjin has been working to avoid and there is that fine line between people being put off and never starting the collection. I have been collecting for 8 years and still haven't completed a single line up.

My advice is to always assume the line will be incomplete and have a plan B. Uniforms are a pain but head sculpts for missing characters are easy enough to commission. We really need someone else with brains and organisational skills to get more people interested in 1/6 scale tailoring. Sadly, I lack both.

Perhaps you are right. On second ( third ) read, maybe what he is saying is that they can’t wait for the end of April for him to return. That would mean the 6-12 month delay. But since he’s having the swatches sent to him ( at great expense) he can make the decision and get the ball rolling from USA, sooner . I dunno.
That's exactly what I took away from it. He's just talking about having to absorb the expense of shipping samples back and forth in order to avoid a delay. That's also what they did with the production sample of Odo; He was ready to ship, but Nanjin hadn't seen a finished one yet. They shipped him one, he was satisfied, and we got our invoices the next day. Otherwise Odo probably wouldn't have shipped until the end of April either.

No doubt Saavik is taking longer than planned, but I guess Nanjin's spotty English has people jumping the gun on the "six months" thing.

That's exactly what I took away from it. He's just talking about having to absorb the expense of shipping samples back and forth in order to avoid a delay. That's also what they did with the production sample of Odo; He was ready to ship, but Nanjin hadn't seen a finished one yet. They shipped him one, he was satisfied, and we got our invoices the next day. Otherwise Odo probably wouldn't have shipped until the end of April either.

No doubt Saavik is taking longer than planned, but I guess Nanjin's spotty English has people jumping the gun on the "six months" thing.
That’s how I interpret the post as well, guess we’ll see unless he clarifies. I’m sure this very discussion is taking place on his page.

Back