Is Aliexpress reliable?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silenthillz

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Was planning on getting this Exo-6 Star Trek Data figure from Aliexpress because it was the cheapest option for this particular figure, but was wondering if it’s reliable? I don’t want a cheap copy when I could buy a real one for not much more, but if it’s reliable I wouldn’t mind saving the 30 quid.
17E51B9E-FCA3-46B9-B3C5-3174B0E17558.jpeg

From my experience very reliable. I never bought a full figure but Ive purchased hundreds of 1/6 parts and they all arrived. Customer service is good.

I think they are the exact same chinese sellers from ebay under different names and without the extra fees ebay charges so it’s cheaper in general.

I've only ever bought one sixth scale figure from them (Game Toys Sephiroth) and it was legit. Like any other e-tailer, check the feedback and if the price is way too good to be true... then it's a scam. I.e. a figure that's going for $500 on the aftermarket listed for $100. Make sure you use a payment method that provides consumer protection in case of any major issues.

I've only ever bought one sixth scale figure from them (Game Toys Sephiroth) and it was legit. Like any other e-tailer, check the feedback and if the price is way too good to be true... then it's a scam. I.e. a figure that's going for $500 on the aftermarket listed for $100. Make sure you use a payment method that provides consumer protection in case of any major issues.
Great advice. I buy from them regularly and you have to pay attention to what you are buying and from whom (feedback etc.)

Shipping quality is hit n miss, meaning based on seller art box may arrive damaged if that matters.

Personal experience (for me) has been solid but it does require research on buyers part

Hit or miss for me. I've gotten a lot of cheap junk that eventually got to me (even if it took a very long time in some cases), but once I ordered a Hot Toys Robocop from someone who had a reasonable amount of positive feedback, but a short time after I ordered the seller disappeared and the item never came. I eventually had to file a dispute and get refunded. Buyer beware. Apparently China and Hong Kong based sellers do this a lot where they sell enough to build up some trust from potential buyers then just leave a bunch of people hanging at the end, then go on to set up another account, rinse and repeat. That happens on eBay, as well, with guys selling 3rd party Transformers. Not as much protection/oversight on aliexpress as you have with something like eBay. But yes, if you can pay with Paypal I'm guessing that would be a really good move.

Yes it requires a bit of research from the buyers part. But you can’t deny those sweet cheap prices.

From my experience Aliexpress’s customer service is awesome. If you open a dispute you get a reply the same day and your money refunded instantly. They always side with the buyer from my experiences.

The most important things are to check the sellers rating, read the description!! Sometimes they’ll use pictures of a full figure and then when it arrives you find out you only bought the body for example. Pictures can be misleading. And use Paypal so you can easily dispute if all goes south.

Living in SE Asia and working for Brand producing here I will say AE is a hive for Grey and Blackmarket. Our legal and counterfeiting team is constantly shutting down sites on AE. Not having access to Amazon I rely on Lazada for basic household goods and only locally in HCMC… COD… so I can inspect before paying. I would NEVER buy a high end collectable from any of these sites or use my CC.

Be extremely careful.

I've bought 1/6 parts and figures from AliExpress. The only issue is sometimes they get canceled due to not being in stock - when they come - they are perfectly fine. I've never gotten a knock-off, unless I specifically ordered one (Crazy Toys for example).

Supposedly it's "reliable" from the bigger stores. Buy from stores that have tons of ratings.

I've never had success with it for other reasons. Like looking for EXO-6 Quark. Tons of stock is present on it. Turns out all those stores suck at updating their stock and it's literally non-existant. Everyone is out of stock even when they say they aren't. This isn't really a Aliexpress but IMO small stores on certain platforms that don't have a responsibility to keep accurate stock. It's super frustrating though. I learned of it because I tried to BUY one. "Sorry, we don't have that in stock, can we interest you in XXX?" and I say nope, I do get a refund started very easily. But learn that for some stuff you REALLY have to message them first to confirm the stock...

Back