EXO-6 Star Trek "The Wrath of Khan" Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screenshot_20220504-204321_Facebook.jpg

Love this background. I have been 3D printing for 5 years in both 1:10 and 1:6 scale. So many TOS out there and have been printing those for years.

But no TWOK files are out there to print. This would be great!!

I'm not going to kiss Nanjin's ass to get him back here nor would I ever do the same for anyone else but the fact that he left over either: over eager fans, constructive criticism or people's jackassery just plain sucks.
It was a lot of people's fault and perhaps himself included for misunderstanding people's helpful criticism or not having the ability to curse out or ignore the real jagoffs.
Either way still sucks but check out the facebook groups. They were better informed than we were anyway.

Last edited:
I'm not going to kiss Nanjin's ass to get him back here nor would I ever do the same for anyone else but the fact that he left over either: over eager fans, constructive criticism or people's jackassery just plain sucks.
It was a lot of people's fault and perhaps himself included for misunderstanding people's helpful criticism or not having the ability to curse out or ignore the real jagoffs.
Either way still sucks but check out the facebook groups. They were better informed than we were anyway.
Any specific group?

I honestly am curious to see where any "jackassery" posts were made. Please point out the "asshats".

I do remember "constructive criticism" posts by Freaks and do remember seeing posts by Nanjin where he admits that he takes any negativity towards the figures personally.

What I do know is that 99.9% of all posts in the Star Trek section of the forum have been positive.

Are we to stop any discussions regarding these figures that may be construed as an honest critique?

I would in general terms agree with you, however I think it worth noting also that Nanjin himself warned us in the early days of this venture of his that he was going to have to leave eventually. It doesn't make it suck any less, but remembering that takes some of the sting out.
One person's constructive criticism can be received on the other end as self-entitled arrogance of telling the other how to do their job. Some of it is people really want to help and make suggestions when in reality they have no clue what they're talking about. A lot of times, I know I've put much more thought into what I want to say rather than how it'll be received, and its blown up in my face.

I honestly am curious to see where any "jackassery" posts were made. Please point out the "asshats".

I do remember "constructive criticism" posts by Freaks and do remember seeing posts by Nanjin where he admits that he takes any negativity towards the figures personally.

What I do know is that 99.9% of all posts in the Star Trek section of the forum have been positive.

Are we to stop any discussions regarding these figures that may be construed as an honest critique?
No you are correct almost everyone here has been nothing but cool and just offered opinions that he takes as "fightin words". It could be something as little as saying something was off about a sculpt.
As for the jackass part I just remember someone going off on the forum accusing them of blind loyalty and being fan boys and how nanjin was oy here to get our money. It is partially true not going to lie but the guy has been here 15 years showing off customs and stuff so I consider him part of the community.
I honestly think he just didnt know all of that though and just saw a seller get upset when anyone commented anything other than telling him everything was perfect.

I think it was more just the cumulative effect of all the tiny nitpicks he had been seeing since the big reveal. I can certainly understand why he might take it personally (and I probably would as well), but at the same time... it's a discussion forum. And this is what we do here. :huh

Maybe some comments could be a bit too harsh or blunt, but I think most people tried to be pretty respectful and diplomatic in what they said. Certainly far more than we see in other sections on this site!

I would in general terms agree with you, however I think it worth noting also that Nanjin himself warned us in the early days of this venture of his that he was going to have to leave eventually. It doesn't make it suck any less, but remembering that takes some of the sting out.
One person's constructive criticism can be received on the other end as self-entitled arrogance of telling the other how to do their job. Some of it is people really want to help and make suggestions when in reality they have no clue what they're talking about. A lot of times, I know I've put much more thought into what I want to say rather than how it'll be received, and its blown up in my face.
That's a good point. I had forgotten about that.

No you are correct almost everyone here has been nothing but cool and just offered opinions that he takes as "fightin words". It could be something as little as saying something was off about a sculpt.
As for the jackass part I just remember someone going off on the forum accusing them of blind loyalty and being fan boys and how nanjin was oy here to get our money. It is partially true not going to lie but the guy has been here 15 years showing off customs and stuff so I consider him part of the community.
I honestly think he just didnt know all of that though and just saw a seller get upset when anyone commented anything other than telling him everything was perfect.
Ah yes. I now remember that post. Most likely posted by someone newer to the forum, as they may not know the history of Nanjin's customs, possibly his QMX involvement and his passion for Star Trek.

I think it was more just the cumulative effect of all the tiny nitpicks he had been seeing since the big reveal. I can certainly understand why he might take it personally (and I probably would as well), but at the same time... it's a discussion forum. And this is what we do here. :huh

Maybe some comments could be a bit too harsh or blunt, but I think most people tried to be pretty respectful and diplomatic in what they said. Certainly far more than we see in other sections on this site!
That was my point, too.

I double-checked and the only critique that I gave was that the blue eyes on the TNG Picard reminded me of another actor. I hope that wasn't what contributed to his no longer posting here.

The Star Wars forums make this one look tame with the exception of the guy who encouraged us to go back to our circle jerk
I think the big difference is it’s his baby and being on here he reads it all the good and the bad. For him it’s personal. If it is something you have poured your heart and soul into and your friends have poured their heart and soul into (including at least one that is no longer with us) it’s going to be hard to hear criticisms. It might be different if he posted a picture and said here let me know what you think and if there is anything you think needs to be improved but even then I can understand if comments will be taken personally even if the one that wrote them did not mean it that way. For us these are figures and we do what we do on most of the threads here. We say what we like or don’t like about them, what we would do differently, etc. There is nothing wrong with us doing that but you/we cannot except the creator to take it the same way we do.

While I really, really hope Nanjin stays around on here and continues to post I totally understand if he scales back or even worse stops.

Nanjin is also very close to his team and they seem like a family, so I guess his protective instincts kicked in. To be fair, it’s not like he didn’t warn anyone, in fact he has stayed patient throughout most of this; there’s only so many times you can repeat that something is in the development stage and is a prototype before getting a tad annoyed by continuous criticism. I’m sure he’s always well aware of where things need fixing and as is often the case the final figure release ends up pleasantly surprising people.

Back