EXO-6 Star Trek "The Wrath of Khan" Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure about spawning four or five new series off its success but I think "Strange New Worlds" was what many of the Star Trek fans wanted, all along. I have a feeling it will become the flagship of "new Trek" on Paramount and Discovery will languish behind, along with "Picard". But that awaits to be seen.
I think so, too. Trek isn't meant for season-long story arcs the way Discovery & Picard have tried to do. I'm excited to see SNW is doing a true episodic format.

I'm not sure about spawning four or five new series off its success but I think "Strange New Worlds" was what many of the Star Trek fans wanted, all along. I have a feeling it will become the flagship of "new Trek" on Paramount and Discovery will languish behind, along with "Picard". But that awaits to be seen.
Honestly I wish SNW was filmed before the KTL so we could have the same cast. That is really what's missing for the SNW series. I see a new set of TOS characters recasted again
and I don't like it I would rather see Chris Pine and Zachery Quinto now. Or at the very least a CGI Shatner lol

I thought Discovery and Picard were too nihilistic to be Star Trek.
Both series started out that way, but they've thankfully come to embrace a more hopeful and optimistic tone as they've gone on. I think the creators were just trying too hard to make Trek seem "edgy and different" when that's not what most fans were looking for.

Both series started out that way, but they've thankfully come to embrace a more hopeful and optimistic tone as they've gone on. I think the creators were just trying too hard to make Trek seem "edgy and different" when that's not what most fans were looking for.
Yeah Star Trek always talked about thier Utopian society like it was great but the way the shows played out let you pick up on the fact that it was falling into a dystopia. Prime Directives that removed humanity and compassion, 140 + year old Admirals with mental issues that had to be obeyed without question, powerplays and scheming in the shadows and it was up to our Captians who tried their best to be everything that was expected of them and more to find moral dilemmas with what command wanted and their directives. They would usually break their codes and ignore command and do what was right because they were honorable men. It seemed to have an undertone of why you don't want your society to be that way and always do the right thing. Star Trek has always had that dark side to to it. They just wern't as in your face with it. I guess Picard is what happens when their society crumbles.

Well, I gave up early on with both shows. It's nice to hear they got better, but I'm not wading through the crap to find the good part.

The new Spock doesn't seem to me to fit the role in the same tone as Nimoy and Quinto, so I'm not a big fan of his portrayal. And i agree, the new shows are very dark, which isn't, in my view, the heart of Star Trek. It's very moden, but not very Trek. Nevertheless, the final Q scene this season did get me a little veklempt.

Picard is very 'fan servicy'..but I like the story arc. I like Discos take on trek, it is fresh and brash...but I get that it can be off-putting to some. SNW...something is off. I don't feel the chemistry of the characters yet ...I will give it a chance.

Picard is very 'fan servicy'..but I like the story arc. I like Discos take on trek, it is fresh and brash...but I get that it can be off-putting to some. SNW...something is off. I don't feel the chemistry of the characters yet ...I will give it a chance.
I’m able to enjoy them for what they are for the most part but they are deeply flawed constructions with alot of unnecessary character reaction shots and crying . However even the worst trek has not left me as cold confused and bored as Book of Boba. Tonally SNW has a lot more going for it and trek was designed to be episodic. That being said the sixties trek and TNG are still my preferred vintage

Well, I gave up early on with both shows. It's nice to hear they got better, but I'm not wading through the crap to find the good part.
They have not gotten better. Discovery seems to have targeted two very specific communities. Absolutely pushed the envelope and excluded much of America. Political and social statement is no longer subtle.

They have not gotten better. Discovery seems to have targeted two very specific communities. Absolutely pushed the envelope and excluded much of America. Political and social statement is no longer subtle.
I watched SNW the other night with a reluctance that it has a similar agenda.

Yeah when they throw stacy abrams in a show as president of earth. You can tell the whole show will have ultra liberal politics. Whatever side of the political spectrum you come from it is hard to find anyone who actually likes her. It also explains why all of the TOS technology is so ****** in compairison. Democrats and thier budget cuts lol

Eh, kinda sad that simply acknowledging gay and trans people exist is deemed "pushing the envelope" by so many, but I guess that's the backwards country we live in.

Eh, kinda sad that simply acknowledging gay and trans people exist is deemed "pushing the envelope" by so many, but I guess that's the backwards country we live in.
In season one when they cast Engineer Stamitz and had to announce that they were creating a male gay character that was one thing. This season they had no less than FIVE (5) LGBT characters.
Previous incarnations of Trek have been inclusive. TOS gave us a “United Nations“ of a crew including an African female, an Asian male and later the inclusion of a Russian character during the Cold War. TNG a continued a diverse crew and gave us a non-prototypical older non-American folically challenged Captain -fine. DS9 gave us an African American Captain and his family -fine. Voyager gave us our first female lead/Captain - fine. They were all new Treks for new generations. But they continued to be inclusive. DS9 and Voyager were new and exciting Treks for everyone and for me too.
Discovery ! —- If you see a straight, white human male on board and his name aint Pike, you can bet he’s a villain.
If you consider “Prodigy” to be a Star Trek for kids and teens you can consider Discovery to be a Star Trek for the Black and LGBT communities.
In all due respect to Ms Abrams
TRACEY ABRAMS as a President of Earth ????
YGBFKM !
If that’s not pushing the envelope with a very direct and one sided political statement, I don’t know what is .

Lol, so you're ok with a few token minorities in a Trek series, but god forbid they form the majority of the crew for once. And Abrams has always been acknowledged as a huge Trek fan. I'm sure that had just as much to do with her cameo as her being a liberal. And in any case, it's just a quick throwaway cameo and a character we'll probably never see again.

It's funny that when they started to cast more women in television, the same cries of 'there aren't any white males' were heard when parts are still, today, overwhelmingly male. A token character does not mean any group is sufficiently represented in a show about diverse populations working together. So what that there are more minority characters or more gay characters, that's actually somewhat closer to the real world --- and if they are overrepresented, great, that's something new for those groups as well. It does sometimes seem like Disco is pandering because of how they present particular narratives or introduce token characters, but for instance, the character of Dr. Culber is well written and portrayed well. God forbid that in a universe of infinite diversity, we should see a show that isn't skewed toward white male representation all day, every day.

Last edited:
Lol, so you're ok with a few token minorities in a Trek series, but god forbid they form the majority of the crew for once. And Abrams has always been acknowledged as a huge Trek fan. I'm sure that had just as much to do with her cameo as her being a liberal. And in any case, it's just a quick throwaway cameo and a character we'll probably never see again.
Dave,
I certainly recognize that in the 1960’s male white lead characters were dominant and Takei and Uhura amongst others were supporting characters or as you say ”token”) . But they represented an inclusive society. I also remember minority actors portraying Commodores and Admirals and such in TOS. And Sisko and Janeway certainly weren’t “token” characters.
But there are only two male characters on that Discovery Bridge. One of Asian decent. One of African decent. And … a… Kelpian. All the rest ( more than a slight majority ) are female. Both of the ships doctors are of African decent. The bridge crew of SNW is not very different. Which takes something out of Number One’s history and overview.
Take that last episode of Discovery: The Captain of the Enterprise was Female Black, the General was Female Black and the “President of United Earth” was Female Black.
And … again… I respect Ms Abrams. Contrary to my friend above I do not dislike her. But she’s a controversial 21st Century political figure. And she did not get that part because of her acting abilities. She got that part because of her role in current politics.

So, how about those Wrath of Khan prototypes?

FB_IMG_1649517429652.jpg

Back