EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So now Nanjin is toying with the idea of making season one Kirk a Section 31 exclusive and having the season three version the main version.

Section 31 is his friends only thing that he’s discussed previously. No idea how that would work. Kinda bs in my opinion.
Could just be one of those “land mines” meant to rile people up.

I’d be surprised if the green tunic was not made available to the wider market, it’s the version that no one has. It wouldn’t make sense profitability wise.

Section 31 is not really worth worrying about. I doubt it's something that is gonna take off. As far as I know there would be no way to verify "only friends" being able to get in.

If I recall correctly the “Section 31” thing ”for friends only” were supposed to be super limited = super expensive odd ball things that very few people would be willing to pay for. Perhaps my recollection fails me or I misinterpreted.

I also thought he said somewhere that the gold shirt and the green wrap around would be included in the same lowest level ( standard) .

Lastly, the way tings are going I wouldn’t expect to have this in hand for another 5 or 6 years, if they ever get to it.

When he’s talking about “season 1” Kirk he is talking about the material of the shirt, the slightly fuzzy velour look of all the season 1 costumes. Sounds like the standard gold shirt will be modeled on season 3 costume material. I expect the green shirt to be the season 2 variation.

When he’s talking about “season 1” Kirk he is talking about the material of the shirt, the slightly fuzzy velour look of all the season 1 costumes. Sounds like the standard gold shirt will be modeled on season 3 costume material. I expect the green shirt to be the season 2 variation.
His post shows the two standard uniforms. Season three was the more green color. Season one was more gold. He did say the idea to have the season one uniform as a Section 31 release is a concept and could change. We’ll have to wait and see.

His post shows the two standard uniforms. Season three was the more green color. Season one was more gold. He did say the idea to have the season one uniform as a Section 31 release is a concept and could change. We’ll have to wait and see.
You’re correct, the season 3 “gold” shirt had a somewhat “avocado” green tint to it, but I’m also talking about the very green wraparound season 2 uniform shirt which has been in the works for quite awhile. Personally, that’s the one I really want, so he can do whatever with the yellow shirts.

You’re correct, the season 3 “gold” shirt had a somewhat “avocado” green tint to it, but I’m also talking about the very green wraparound season 2 uniform shirt which has been in the works for quite awhile. Personally, that’s the one I really want, so he can do whatever with the yellow shirts.
I mean the dress uniform is cool. I’d like that one too. I also have the second QMX Kirk which has the gold uniform and is a pretty good release, but sucks for those who don’t have it.

I wouldn't mind getting any of the 3 different green wraparound shirts, at this point.

I mean the dress uniform is cool. I’d like that one too. I also have the second QMX Kirk which has the gold uniform and is a pretty good release, but sucks for those who don’t have it.

Kirk could be the next "Luke Skywalker" type of figure, with so many possible variations. I would pick up the dress uniform, the green wraparound uniform and any of the three seasons' gold uniforms. And that's not even including the expected "Mirror, Mirror" Kirk.

I hope at a minimum we will get TOS Kirk in gold, green wrap and dress uniform, Spock in standard duty uniform and dress uniform, McCoy duty uniform, dress uniform and medical tunic, Scotty duty uniform and dress uniform along with Sulu, Uhura, Chekov, Chapel and Rand in their duty uniforms.

I would love any other possible TOS crew also such as Lesley, Hadley, DeSalle but cannot see it being likely. TOS Romulans and Klingons would also be nice. I am such a TOS fan, for me its my absolute favourite Trek.

I am also up for Pike, Spock and Number One from The Cage and would go for Kirk and Spock from Where no man has gone before.

I hope at a minimum we will get TOS Kirk in gold, green wrap and dress uniform, Spock in standard duty uniform and dress uniform, McCoy duty uniform, dress uniform and medical tunic, Scotty duty uniform and dress uniform along with Sulu, Uhura, Chekov, Chapel and Rand in their duty uniforms.

I would love any other possible TOS crew also such as Lesley, Hadley, DeSalle but cannot see it being likely. TOS Romulans and Klingons would also be nice. I am such a TOS fan, for me its my absolute favourite Trek.

I am also up for Pike, Spock and Number One from The Cage and would go for Kirk and Spock from Where no man has gone before.
I like your TOS passion. If we have to purchase three Kirk’s to get each look that will be horrendously expensive. It would be nice if they offered a “deluxe” option offering the standard gold uniform as well as the green tunic at a minimum, similar to the rumoured Picard offering with both the jacket and standard uniform.

Guys, if you are waiting for the TOS release my guess is don’t expect a TOS figure for years from now. The TOS is probably still the line many fans want although the Mirror Sulu and Spock is still sitting around available so not sure really the demand for TOS anymore. I think there will still be your occasional tease of a blurry TOS head, half a shirt, half a body and or a pants that will be teased.

QMX has already release most of the TOS figures and unfortunately he knows not too many might double or triple dip into the same series again. The question is when will even TWOK Kirk ever be out and my hunch is probably at minimum 3-4 years from now.

Just get what you like and if a character come up you like then buy and if not don’t buy. I see there are Janaway, Q , Archer, Paris, Shran, Kim , Sulu and Spock are still sitting so characters are available if you need them. There are stock available if you miss some of the characters and they are not selling out as marketed within hours.

Last edited:
Guys, if you are waiting for the TOS release my guess is don’t expect a TOS figure for years from now. The TOS is probably still the line many fans want although the Mirror Sulu and Spock is still sitting around available so not sure really the demand for TOS anymore. I think there will still be your occasional tease of a blurry TOS head, half a shirt, half a body and or a pants that will be teased.

QMX has already release most of the TOS figures and unfortunately he knows not too many might double or triple dip into the same series again. The question is when will even TWOK Kirk ever be out and my hunch is probably at minimum 3-4 years from now.

Just get what you like and if a character come up you like then buy and if not don’t buy. I see there are Janaway, Q , Archer, Paris, Shran, Kim , Sulu and Spock are still sitting so characters are available if you need them. There are stock available if you miss some of the characters and they are not selling out as marketed within hours.
Based on Najin's approach so far, it seems likely that he will release standard and deluxe versions with two uniforms. Given that only Spock and Sulu required different head sculpts, I would guess that in some cases, these additional uniforms will be Mirror uniforms.

The popularity of Saavik seems to have caught them by surprise. She's a supporting character but has been the fourth most popular pre-order. This could be an indication that the TOS characters could be massive.

Nanjin is assuming that saturation by QMX will reduce the popularity of Exo-6 versions. I'm not 100% convinced that will be the case. Kirk and Spock always seem to sell. Lots of people's orders for Scotty and Sulu were unfulfilled due to low production numbers.

My money is still on Uhura. She would easily be more popular than Saavik, and if they include a Mirror uniform, she could make a nice diorama with Mirror Sulu.

Janeway was made in greater numbers as a gateway figure for Voyager to make sure that anyone who delayed buying her until after other characters came out would not be put off starting their collection and I would expect a few more people will buy Mirror Mirror figures when more of them start turning up.

I really like the QMX figures in my collection but feel that Exo-6 can beat them now, even more so if they are not released for another year or so.
I have each variant of Kirk and Spock, 3x McCoy, 3x Scotty and 1x Sulu. Despite this I want all new versions from Exo-6.

I agree that it would be good if deluxe variants could be released with the various required tunics etc.

The only Exo-6 figures in my collection so far are TMP Kirk and Spock, might pass on McCoy as don't have much use for that version of McCoy.

I did consider ordering Voyager figures and DS9 plus TNG but in truth I only very rarely watch those shows anymore, I also have no interest in new Trek.
So really might as well save my money for TOS and TOS movie era figures.

The key is buy (the series )what you love and don’t buy for the sake of buying. I see so many new collectors buy everything and anything and then either burn out or find themselves quitting the hobby a few years later because they are over their head with collecting financially

Where are you seeing Janeway, Mirror Spock, and Shran available? They aren't on Exo-6 or Sideshow as in stock.

Try finding a Locutus, Quark, FC Picard, FC Data. Those did sell out quickly. Janeway initially sold out in hours. Exo was very surprised by that and Nanjin shifted the schedule about to make room to produce more of her.

Not every figure sells like that of course. Quality, and popularity affects that, but to tell people to just wait, they will be available at retail later is a little misleading.

Where are you seeing Janeway, Mirror Spock, and Shran available? They aren't on Exo-6 or Sideshow as in stock.

Try finding a Locutus, Quark, FC Picard, FC Data. Those did sell out quickly. Janeway initially sold out in hours. Exo was very surprised by that and Nanjin shifted the schedule about to make room to produce more of her.

Not every figure sells like that of course. Quality, and popularity affects that, but to tell people to just wait, they will be available at retail later is a little misleading.
Spock and Shran are in stock at BBTS.

The key is buy (the series )what you love and don’t buy for the sake of buying. I see so many new collectors buy everything and anything and then either burn out or find themselves quitting the hobby a few years later because they are over their head with collecting financially
The problem comes in when like me you like a number of the shows. I like TOS and TNG most, but I also like DS9 and have come around a bit on VOY.

I may cut myself off with Archer and T’Pol from ENT (well I guess I already have Shran too :lol) but I like that series too.

Works out well for me…I love ALL Star Trek in every form almost equally…except for DS9 being my hands down favorite piece of entertainment of all time.
So I have no choice but to get everything EXO6 releases sight unseen…just love Star Trek that much.
As much as I love Hot Toys…I am beyond burned out on Star Wars, Marvel, DC, and essentially everything that Hot Toys releases, so I pretty much only buy EXO6 figures at this point.

Based on Najin's approach so far, it seems likely that he will release standard and deluxe versions with two uniforms. Given that only Spock and Sulu required different head sculpts, I would guess that in some cases, these additional uniforms will be Mirror uniforms.

The popularity of Saavik seems to have caught them by surprise. She's a supporting character but has been the fourth most popular pre-order. This could be an indication that the TOS characters could be massive.

Nanjin is assuming that saturation by QMX will reduce the popularity of Exo-6 versions. I'm not 100% convinced that will be the case. Kirk and Spock always seem to sell. Lots of people's orders for Scotty and Sulu were unfulfilled due to low production numbers.

My money is still on Uhura. She would easily be more popular than Saavik, and if they include a Mirror uniform, she could make a nice diorama with Mirror Sulu.

Janeway was made in greater numbers as a gateway figure for Voyager to make sure that anyone who delayed buying her until after other characters came out would not be put off starting their collection and I would expect a few more people will buy Mirror Mirror figures when more of them start turning up.

Very nicely thought through and explained.

Back