EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wondering- will this be all releases going forward or just select figures? Also can you say if the price difference will be significant?
Selected figures. Not too many people will want a Neelix with pots and pans and sells at $280.

This arrangement has those who bought previous 1/6 Trek in mind too.

For example, TNG Picard. Some already have the previous version of TNG Picard might rather have the ESSENTIAL TNG Picard from us but can do without the same accessories like the tea cup (dude, everything in the box adds MSRP). Then those who never had a Picard might want to have the STANDARD, or even the DEFINITIVE version in which Picard will have a lot more accessories and items.

Choices, I am offering choices instead of Force Buying where a collector has to skip lunches to buy one or just look at its pictures on line because the msrp is out of the budget.

Don't worry. Nothing complicated. Choose the one that fits you.

Coop release availabilities depend largely on the vendors. We always put maximum coverage as as the starting point in formulating the venture.

If this is mostly just about extra accessories and knicknacks for the figures to hold, then I'd probably be inclined to just get the standard version for most of these, as I rarely use many of those things anyway.

If we're talking instead about alternate headsculpts or outfits or deluxe bases of some kind, then I'd definitely be in for those.

Coop release availabilities depend largely on the vendors. We always put maximum coverage as as the starting point in formulating the venture.
And exactly that is the problem for collectors that might not be able to be customers with certain vendors. Some might not want to ship internationally, others might sell only through certain chains like walmart or target in the States.

I always hated exclusives and this does not sound any different.

And exactly that is the problem for collectors that might not be able to be customers with certain vendors. Some might not want to ship internationally, others might sell only through certain chains like walmart or target in the States.

I always hated exclusives and this does not sound any different.
Don't worry, if you are not interested in these vendor's merchandise, it will have no meaning to you. If you are interested and unable to find the collection, you can always buy them from this vendor separately, and we should have a version without this item.

I like this idea of Definitive, Standard, and Essential. Like if the Definitive Picard with the jacket came with an alternate top to match the rest of the crew, or even a formal uniform. I could also see a Definitive version of 7 of 9 coming with a Borg alcove. I'd imagine though Definitive figures would be limited to only a handful of characters (Captains being a likely group). A line of Essential figures is also a good way to entice people to buy characters they are on the fence with. Often times I never touch the accessories that come with some figures, so a bare bones version is intriguing.

I like the idea of the different versions available for the figure (whatever they are being called). I don't like the vendor exclusives, especially if they may be limited. I understand the marketing behind it (exposing EXO-6 to a greater number of potential customers, many not already exposed to the 1/6 figure genre) but I personally won't be jumping through hoops to pick them up. It was just this very same thing that got me out of other hobby lines. If they are easy to acquire, great, I'm in. If not, well...

Don't worry, if you are not interested in these vendor's merchandise, it will have no meaning to you. If you are interested and unable to find the collection, you can always buy them from this vendor separately, and we should have a version without this item.
So when you are taking about vendor exclusives will it only be exclusive accessories or will the actual figure itself be the exclusive? I guess for example purposes if a vendor exclusive was TWOK Kirk would it be the same exact Kirk EXO releases except with maybe his glasses and book or would it be TWOK Kirk is released as a vendor exclusive and EXO never sells TWOK Kirk on their website?

Due to seeing how some vendor exclusive experiences have been in other lines makes me wary. Again I totally trust you handling Trek the best possible way to get as much of it out there as possible to the fans and I understand how vendor exclusives can help strengthen a brand BUT after experiencing some less than pleasant attempts at buying vendor exclusives I hate the thought of going through it with Trek especially if I miss out on it do to people buying them up just to flip them on eBay. Again totally get how beneficial this can be for the needs of the many. It’s the needs (wants) of the few or the one (me) that has me not excited about it.

Oh and I love the idea of the deferent levels. It also makes it more affordable if you want to get a second base figure to use any extra head sculpts or accessories (like the TWOK away jacket, figures crossed) without having to shell out as much money as buying two standard or definitive level figures.

I like this idea of Definitive, Standard, and Essential. Like if the Definitive Picard with the jacket came with an alternate top to match the rest of the crew, or even a formal uniform. I could also see a Definitive version of 7 of 9 coming with a Borg alcove. I'd imagine though Definitive figures would be limited to only a handful of characters (Captains being a likely group). A line of Essential figures is also a good way to entice people to buy characters they are on the fence with. Often times I never touch the accessories that come with some figures, so a bare bones version is intriguing.
That's it. -1 0 +1 where 0 is Standard, Essentialbis -1 (deduction from Standard), and Definitive is +1 (addition to Standard), fitting everyone's budget.

So when you are taking about vendor exclusives will it only be exclusive accessories or will the actual figure itself be the exclusive? I guess for example purposes if a vendor exclusive was TWOK Kirk would it be the same exact Kirk EXO releases except with maybe his glasses and book or would it be TWOK Kirk is released as a vendor exclusive and EXO never sells TWOK Kirk on their website?

Due to seeing how some vendor exclusive experiences have been in other lines makes me wary. Again I totally trust you handling Trek the best possible way to get as much of it out there as possible to the fans and I understand how vendor exclusives can help strengthen a brand BUT after experiencing some less than pleasant attempts at buying vendor exclusives I hate the thought of going through it with Trek especially if I miss out on it do to people buying them up just to flip them on eBay. Again totally get how beneficial this can be for the needs of the many. It’s the needs (wants) of the few or the one (me) that has me not excited about it.
I will say, the items included in coop release usually aren't 1/6, and usually will only be interested by some unique interest Trek collectors.

Let's be honest, I am being very frank, I have a Product strategy (thr 4Ps), the bottom line is increase sales. Therefore, i will need to do what I can to attract as many customers as possible. So don't blame me for making some beautiful Trek collectibles by combining 1/6 Trek with other type Trek collectibles. Don't forget, I have the intention to make EXO-6 1/6 Trek collectibles to be the Icon collectibles in the Trek Franchise. I am strongly motivated. So I will put in a lot of thoughts. I know Trek fans, I believe I know how to create the temptation for Trek geeks.

Again, in some cases, to some, this extra item won't worth to pay an extra dollar or extra clicks on your web browser. These friends can always buy the regular version instead. Just don't change your mind on a later date.

Last edited:
Let's be honest, I am being very frank, I have a Product strategy (thr 4Ps), the bottom line is increase sales. Therefore, i will need to do what I can to attract as many customers as possible. So don't blame me for making some beautiful Trek collectibles by combining 1/6 Trek with other type Trek collectibles.
I don’t blame you. Just working on getting my expectations set and I think you cleared it up for me. Super excited that you are the captain of this 5 year trek through the 1/6 universe.

Curious on what vendors EXO-6 might be teaming up with. StarTrek.com maybe? Although they don’t sell the figures to begin with. Sideshow? I know there seems to be some relationship with Collectorzown.

Just wanna put this out there:
Although Counselor Troi isn't my favorite character, she certainly influenced me a great deal. I'm a psychology student. I hope to be a therapist someday. Troi represents the ultimate therapist, in my eyes. I aspire to be like her, in the way she empathizes with emotional conflict in a non-judgemental way. She's so elegant... Gentle... I'm very hopeful that Exo-6 lasts long enough to release her (and the rest of the TNG crew.) She'll probably be the only figure I'd display in an office someday, just as a reminder of what I should strive for.

Putting in words is complicated because there are reasons behind it from all phases, sales, licensing, development, production.

But for buyer is simple, just look at the price and buy what you want. That's it. I am merely explaining the Pricing/Product Strategies (the marketing 4 P's - Product, Price, Promotion, Place) I don't blindly do things. What I mentioned are the reasons and structure. Technically aspect of decision making. No need to be concern except if you want to know the reason behind the structure.

Just look at the pricing. Our brains are powerful enough to understand within 5 seconds.

Co-op release with other Trek merchandise not only can bring in something “unique” to the 1/6 Trekverse and which I personally think will increase the appreciation of 1/6 Trek, co-op can expand our market to strange New markets that no 1/6 had gone before.
I like that there will be three configuration options to choose from. Depending on personal level of interest in a particular character, we can adjust accordingly. This just ads to the fun & excitement of collecting in my opinion.

The different pricing and edition types does sound like a good idea. What about accessory packs so that people that bought an Essential could bring their figures up to the next tier later on? Then collectors wouldn't miss out and be able to spread the cost of getting their figures to a level they're happy with. You might want some Definitive or Standard goodies but not be able to afford the figure all in one go.

Selected figures. Not too many people will want a Neelix with pots and pans and sells at $280.

This arrangement has those who bought previous 1/6 Trek in mind too.

For example, TNG Picard. Some already have the previous version of TNG Picard might rather have the ESSENTIAL TNG Picard from us but can do without the same accessories like the tea cup (dude, everything in the box adds MSRP). Then those who never had a Picard might want to have the STANDARD, or even the DEFINITIVE version in which Picard will have a lot more accessories and items.

Choices, I am offering choices instead of Force Buying where a collector has to skip lunches to buy one or just look at its pictures on line because the msrp is out of the budget.

Don't worry. Nothing complicated. Choose the one that fits you.

Throw in Neelix’s chef hat and I’m sold!

Back