EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have thought it would be better to space out the Picard versions over a range of time to keep the line accessible to new fans and support lower tier characters in between. But I’m gonna get them all regardless, so if we get a glut of Picards at once, that’s fine by me. I just worry about the overall health of the line if all the Picards are done right away…

That Locutus looks great. I am trying to stick to TNG Picard, Geordi, Data, Riker and Worf. The colors pop. Tempted by the tease of a FC Space suit w either Picard or Worf. That Locutus though...

Pure excellence! I'm 100% in on Locutus and variant jacket TNG Picard. Getting excited for these again.

Looks quite good. Not sure if I’ll get him from Star Trek: Picard or not. Maybe if season two turns out better.
For me it will depend on which costume look we get from him.

It’s the same with Rios for example, I like his “Han Solo” look from season 1 and obviously we don’t know what season 2 or 3 for that matter will bring (and it’s not like we will get too many of any variants of some characters) but I do like the idea of having him in the new Starfleet uniform.
I'm honing right in on TNG Picard in the Captain's variant jacket. That's a buy. That might end up being THE Picard on my shelves.

Same, I was a little late to the party and while I thought I ordered FC Picard in enough time it was with a certain unreliable U.K. retailer (who I only use as last resort for these sorts of things) who keep bumping the ETA back - I know he’s long and gone just waiting to see when they decide to tell me.

Im with Nanjin on this though, I want 1/6 Trek to on my shelf to be a museum of uniforms from the TOS era to hopefully the season 2/3 ones.

I don’t have the space to go all in on even one show so I’m taking his advice to really think about my choices to heart.

For me it will depend on which costume look we get from him.

It’s the same with Rios for example, I like his “Han Solo” look from season 1 and obviously we don’t know what season 2 or 3 for that matter will bring (and it’s not like we will get too many of any variants of some characters) but I do like the idea of having him in the new Starfleet uniform.

Same, I was a little late to the party and while I thought I ordered FC Picard in enough time it was with a certain unreliable U.K. retailer (who I only use as last resort for these sorts of things) who keep bumping the ETA back - I know he’s long and gone just waiting to see when they decide to tell me.

Im with Nanjin on this though, I want 1/6 Trek to on my shelf to be a museum of uniforms from the TOS era to hopefully the season 2/3 ones.

I don’t have the space to go all in on even one show so I’m taking his advice to really think about my choices to heart.
Maybe it was not the retailer's fault. Shipping was extremely chaotic last year.

Maybe it was not the retailer's fault. Shipping was extremely chaotic last year.
Anything’s possible but they do have a bit of a rep for overselling pre orders at times, it’s one of the reasons I haven’t cancelled as if he suddenly arrives in stock great if not I know Picard is a character you have said you are offering multiple versions of.

As much as I love First Contact I would love the Darmok version more (I still have the playmates version) and Sisko is going to be a day 1 order so it’s not like I won’t have that style of uniform presented in my collection.

I think the idea of a “deluxe” and a “standard” version of certain characters makes sense…. As long as we’re not locked in to specific retailers getting the “deluxe” and everybody else just carrying the standard version.
I would probably want the deluxe version of Sisko, but it could depend on his accsssories.

For “Deluxe Sisko”, I would want to see:
-The option to display the figure with an open vest/jacket combo that has been hinted at.
-A Baseball
-Racticcino (Klingon Coffee) mug
-Scotch Tumbler
-phaser rifle
-phaser & tricorder

I actually agree with @nanjin on not calling them Deluxe and Standard but Basic and Standard. Deluxe implies that it's a better figure while in fact it's just the same figure with less accessories.

I actually agree with @nanjin on not calling them Deluxe and Standard but Basic and Standard. Deluxe implies that it's a better figure while in fact it's just the same figure with less accessories.
Basic and standard are words used interchangeably frequently. Even I would get confused by those two terms being used.
Hot Toys, Prime-1, Hasbro and many other toy/status companies have labeled Standard and Deluxe/DX editions, so collectors will understand that terminology easily enough.

We need a DS9 thread.
We have 3 characters for DS9 fans this year. So do not waste your money in a Seven or Locustus or any dioramas that are not related to DS9 and just focus on DS9 collection.

If you want other beside DS9, consider our ESSENTIAL collections so going beyond DS9 will not break your bankroll.

Further explanation of the Price Levels or configurations:

STANDARD, the intended version of the character includes everything in ESSENTIAL (see below) plus iconic character accessories.

One level down, ESSENTIAL, minimum accessories for those fans have a budget in mind (no character based accessories).

The kitchen sink of everything, the DEFINITIVE, which has everything in STANDARD and some more like iconic expression or extra outfits, etc. which I personally think would add better and more visual presentation options for this particular character.

STANDARD, add more accessories, more expensive = DEFINITIVE.

STANDARD, deduct accessories, less expensive = ESSENTIAL

The above are not exclusive to any specific outlet.

However, EXO-6 will have special releases that will be exclusive to some specific outlets or “partners.” These partners are not in 1/6 but in other Trek ventures which I believe will add VALUE to our figures from a different perspective. An example will be the ST Beyond Blu-ray release that comes with a QMx JJprice miniature, a Special Co-branding release.

Last edited:
However, EXO-6 will have special releases that will be exclusive to some specific outlets or “partners.” These partners are not in 1/6 but in other Trek ventures which I believe will add VALUE to our figures from a different perspective. An example will be the ST Beyond Blu-ray release that comes with a QMx JJprice miniature, a Special Co-branding release.
I can't say that I am very fond of this idea. While I understand the appeal from the manufacturer's side, it will only make it much more complicated to get these editions if you're living outside the partner's regular area of business. I remember how difficult and expensive getting some of the co-branding items that were released in the past was for me as a collector in Europe.

I guess that a standard version of some characters I don’t care about as much could be a good idea. It’s really still going to depend on the character and what accessories are or are not included as well as how different pricing is.

This is getting too complicated.
Putting in words is complicated because there are reasons behind it from all phases, sales, licensing, development, production.

But for buyer is simple, just look at the price and buy what you want. That's it. I am merely explaining the Pricing/Product Strategies (the marketing 4 P's - Product, Price, Promotion, Place) I don't blindly do things. What I mentioned are the reasons and structure. Technically aspect of decision making. No need to be concern except if you want to know the reason behind the structure.

Just look at the pricing. Our brains are powerful enough to understand within 5 seconds.

Co-op release with other Trek merchandise not only can bring in something “unique” to the 1/6 Trekverse and which I personally think will increase the appreciation of 1/6 Trek, co-op can expand our market to strange New markets that no 1/6 had gone before.

Putting in words is complicated because there are reasons behind it from all phases, sales, licensing, development, production.

But for buyer is simple, just look at the price and buy what you want. That's it. I am merely explaining the Pricing/Product Strategies (the marketing 4 P's - Product, Price, Promotion, Place) I don't blindly do things. What I mentioned are the reasons and structure. Technically aspect of decision making. No need to be concern except if you want to know the reason behind the structure.

Just look at the pricing. Our brains are powerful enough to understand within 5 seconds.

Co-op release with other Trek merchandise not only can bring in something “unique” to the 1/6 Trekverse and which I personally think will increase the appreciation of 1/6 Trek, co-op can expand our market to strange New markets that no 1/6 had gone before.
Just wondering- will this be all releases going forward or just select figures? Also can you say if the price difference will be significant?

Back