EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup. Can't wait for the line to get going, Nanjin will hopefully post more behind the scenes news.

Hot Toys don't give two ****s about us, only our money.

Sadly, you two and your entitlement attitudes are hilarious. Nanjin owes you, me or anyone else nothing. He is only willing to share information that he can legally share. He has mentioned that several times over. The fact that he is posting in this forum/thread should be applauded. He and Asmus are the only two 1/6 figure manufacturers that are willing to interact directly with collectors here. I may be wrong but I think that is a HUGE plus. Try that with Howard Chan at Hot Toys or any of the other dozen-plus 1/6 figure manufacturers out there. You won't hear a peep from any of them. Ever.

Please...entitlement...check yourself please.

It didnt stop him issuing "updates" about product not even in production when he was at QMX did it.

If you took the time to reflect upon his postings you would see it.

If you cant take a different point of view without stooping to name calling please keep your nose and head buried and blind to the obvious,just so you can try and gain favour with Mr Tam.

So as you can see from previous threads he wasnt too bothered regarding copyright etc when he worked at QMX regularly posting updates and things that he didnt have authority from QMX to release,that he now states he cant when it is his own company.

And the only reason he is posting here is to boost his company profile to gain followers and potential customers,which is the standard for any fledgeling company, so please i have no entitlement what i do have is money to spend and a thirst
For good 1/6 figures not maybes and platitudes.

And if he wants his buisness to succeed then yours mine and others opinions and needs should be at least listened to to gain our custom,and if not thats fine too, our buisness and passion can go elsewhere which im sure youd say "good go then" and thats fine too.
But remember 1/6 Trek and Trek itself is a Niche market which is unfortunately dwindling and in decline re demand,and yours mine and others buisness is needed to keep it alive.

Can we turn the thread away from attacks and back to figures or what we hope for the line?

For the people that want to bash Nanjin just go start your own thread and leave it there. You are entitled to your own opinions. But from my experience which goes back years and years now he has always come through for me and has shown great care for both Star Trek and it’s fans and has gone out of his way and a lot of times on his own expense to do it.

As far as teases go Sideshow and Hot Toys have teased stuff at SDCC years ago that haven’t even gone up for preorder yet and some of the stuff that does go up for preorder have delivery dates of 2022 so I do not see how some hints of product to come some time this year is out of line with the rest of the 1/6 market. If anything it is a much shorter turn around time if he is teasing product now that could be in our hands by June.

Sorry if this came off as a rant but I do not like how this thread has gotten so negative and personal especially when it is pointed towards a company owner that is actually having dialogue with us.

Give the man a break, give him time and thank him instead!

Exactly. Thanks for saying it.

I've already blocked people from the other thread, might be time to start expanding that list soon.

Who am I kidding? They already had multiple chances.

Boom blocked: Praetor and Koloth. Get together with that NCC guy and knock yourselves out.

Everyone is anxious. I am too. Just a few more days. Need to coordinate with an entity.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

Sadly, you two and your entitlement attitudes are hilarious. Nanjin owes you, me or anyone else nothing. He is only willing to share information that he can legally share. He has mentioned that several times over. The fact that he is posting in this forum/thread should be applauded. He and Asmus are the only two 1/6 figure manufacturers that are willing to interact directly with collectors here. I may be wrong but I think that is a HUGE plus. Try that with Howard Chan at Hot Toys or any of the other dozen-plus 1/6 figure manufacturers out there. You won't hear a peep from any of them. Ever.

PERFECTLY said! I think I?m going to save this post and copy and paste it to reply to anyone who makes nonsensical comments like the ones that you?re referencing. Thanks for perfectly articulating exactly what I was thinking as I read those comments. The sheer entitlement is frankly maddening.

Exactly. Thanks for saying it.

I've already blocked people from the other thread, might be time to start expanding that list soon.

Who am I kidding? They already had multiple chances.

Boom blocked: Praetor and Koloth. Get together with that NCC guy and knock yourselves out.

Another good one! I cringed at even the mention of that NCC guy...yikes...

Please...entitlement...check yourself please.

It didnt stop him issuing "updates" about product not even in production when he was at QMX did it.

If you took the time to reflect upon his postings you would see it.

If you cant take a different point of view without stooping to name calling please keep your nose and head buried and blind to the obvious,just so you can try and gain favour with Mr Tam.

So as you can see from previous threads he wasnt too bothered regarding copyright etc when he worked at QMX regularly posting updates and things that he didnt have authority from QMX to release,that he now states he cant when it is his own company.

And the only reason he is posting here is to boost his company profile to gain followers and potential customers,which is the standard for any fledgeling company, so please i have no entitlement what i do have is money to spend and a thirst
For good 1/6 figures not maybes and platitudes.

And if he wants his buisness to succeed then yours mine and others opinions and needs should be at least listened to to gain our custom,and if not thats fine too, our buisness and passion can go elsewhere which im sure youd say "good go then" and thats fine too.
But remember 1/6 Trek and Trek itself is a Niche market which is unfortunately dwindling and in decline re demand,and yours mine and others buisness is needed to keep it alive.

Wow! Why so angry...did Nanjin take your lunch money? Why even visit this thread if Nanjin and his new company clearly annoy and upset you so much? There really isn?t anything to criticize yet I am amazed that you can already have so much venom toward this venture.

Hi Nanjin, just came back into the forums to see how you are doing, so glad to hear you have the license and I'm looking forward to seeing what you have in store for your fans, just wandering if your new company are only producing complete dolls or will you be making replacement parts for improving the QMX dolls as I would very much be interested in an upgraded Bones uniform for matching rank braids, Bones short sleeved top as I missed out on that one, Kirks wrap around green tunic, Journey to Babel outfits, Mirror Mirror and some extra reds for cannon fodder.

I like this idea, "Upgrade Kits" could help generate some good faith/loyalty for consumers that feel burned by the other company and don't want to re-purchase characters they already own. I wish more companies would consider this option.

Wow! Why so angry...did Nanjin take your lunch money? Why even visit this thread if Nanjin and his new company clearly annoy and upset you so much? There really isn?t anything to criticize yet I am amazed that you can already have so much venom toward this venture.

Oh wow another keyboard warrior.
No venom my offended lamb, just observations and facts old boy.
If you cant take it either and beleive there is no criticism to be had thats your opinion, I have mine.

And if you dont like opposing views to yours then scroll away, im sure Mr Tam can post his own responses and doesnt need a mummy figure to stick up for him.

But please continue your support it is refreshing to see in this day and age, but dont be blinded too much by your desire to please for scraps from his table.Try using my lunch money instead.

But please educate me some more and you may want to try and endear yourself more to a minority group,but I have been a life long fan of Star trek and had a lot of time for Mr Tam,but if you promise something and cant deliver the expectations on time or factual statements that promise much but deliver nothing, then prepare for critiscism and debate....you know that thing that you dont like because it offends your sensibilities.bless ya

Yep! There are two kinds: collectors and entitled spoiled brats...

Oh dear....
Again with the slurs to differing views,that is childish and spoilt.
Try and see critiscm as constructive and actually review and digest previous posts and see that there are contradictions and incoherent messaging in some of what is said.

All businesses can be criticised as they have been less than transparent as with Hot toys being slated at times on these boards as well as QMX, but when it is said about someone some people revere on here then they must be abused and brought to heel.

Liberalism my friend, the right to review and draw opinions,those are the freedoms we all have fought for for so long.
At no point do I overtly abuse or really name call in response, just put a measured response and at times sarcasm but all is meant to provide an alternative and no less valid response to what i see as an error in a beleaguered marketing strategy.
But hey keep the faith.

See, there is another difference between you and me: I’ve known Nanjin for years, from the very beginning I’d say. He’s been fighting for ST since then. Frirst with customs (that I have), then we all thought he’d achieved his and our dreams with Qmx. We all know how the dream turned into a nightmare. Then Nanjin had to fight for the license. So you can say all you want. Maybe it won’t work out the the way he or we want, maybe there will be some disappointment, maybe it will be slower than anticipated, but I’ve known the man long enough and his belief in his passion to believe in him to take us where no toy company has gone before. If that worshipping, then I completely assume it. Nanjin has won our trust a long, long time ago.

Nanjin Tam

20 hrs

Sean has a few things in the pipeline. I am sure one of these characters will make some Trek fans excited. I am the first one in the anxious list.

This character meant so much more in Trekverse now.

Info will be released according at EXO-6 site.

I am preping for Trek 55th Birthday.

EVERYTHING shown at EXO-6 WILL BE PRODUCED or being produced.

Sean Dabbs shared a post.

Yesterday at 11:54 AM

I'm so very honored to be part of Nanjin's new EXO 6 company - I've been working on lots of cool projects for them that I can't wait to share with you guys!!

Back