EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasn’t suggesting that he make only 100 figures, I guess I was merely trying to present the concept of estimating market desire and adding 10 %. ( Personally I don’t don’t know the % above preorder that a manufacturer would estimate . Maybe it’s 25 % . I dunno). The ”immediate release” w/o the preorder sampling comes up to a pure guesstimate. Yes, I agree if he only came up with a small preorder he would likely cancel the figure and the fewer headsculpts and uniforms (and bodies, if they are different) cost more to make per figure. I really can’t imagine much sales of a David Marcus figure regardless if “immediate release” or preorder.
Not trying to be rude…but in fairness…another poster listed a bunch of fairly well known supporting characters from the various Star Trek shows and you said you didn’t know who most of them were…your gauge on this topic may not be the strongest.

That's my angle too! Though I'm more than content to have T'Pol rep the Vulcans, she can certainly take a lot more credit for the founding of the Federation than any other Vulcan at the time.

View attachment 611818
That's a fair point. I didn't consider T'Pol, I think I just want some 1/6th Vulcan robes

I'm not too worried about the Spock drop. Kirk was easy to purchase on EXO-6 for many hours and continued to be available as a preorder for a few days on various other sellers' sites. Even if the quantity of Spock is half there should still be a decent window of opportunity for anyone who wants one to get in there on time. Also, if it's limited to one-per-customer then that means a better likelihood of availability for most everyone.

My concern now with Spock dropping next week is that the shipments will be locked up in the worst time of year, the late December holiday crunch, and could be weeks from delivery for some buyers. How did they not anticipate this when pushing the drop date to next week? Not everyone will be affected, but the shipping dilemma will certainly be erratic and some will experience delays depending on their country's shipping backlog. At this rate I'd have preferred for the Spock order to be pushed into January just to avoid the shipping hassle.
He's had logistical problems with the lockdowns in china

Not trying to be rude…but in fairness…another poster listed a bunch of fairly well known supporting characters from the various Star Trek shows and you said you didn’t know who most of them were…your gauge on this topic may not be the strongest.
I respect your opinion.
But I think where we were going with the topic was the feasibility of production numbers ( or ratio) of pre-ordered characters vs. “immediate release “ characters.
Some were indicating that the smaller the run on a figure would indicate a greater cost to produce per figure. Nanjin often tells us of unprecedented sales and sell-outs, but no number is ever quoted. And logically if a manufacturer takes “preorders” HE has a gauge of the demand vs making a set amount as a shot in the dark with no such gauge. Can you guesstimate the demand for a 2021 Pickard vs a TNG a Pickard vs. a Belana Torres vs. Darmok ( forget the charactrs name) vs David Marcus. Sure there are some completists that will want a David Marcus 🤷‍♂️. But how many ? Does he land in popularity where a Shia LeBeuff Mutt Williams did with the Indiana Jones francise.

btw , I wasn’t trying to be insulting when I said I didn’t know most of those characters. From my perspective that is a good thing. I need not sit on the edge of my seat waiting for the opportunity to hit the button to get in my order before a sell out as I did w/ TMP Kirk and have been forewarned re TMP Spock. I may however be in that position with the Cage figures.

That's a fair point. I didn't consider T'Pol, I think I just want some 1/6th Vulcan robes
Not at all unreasonable! I'd be shocked if they did any other Vulcans from ENT, but I imagine Soval and maybe T'Pau would top that list (give or take a Mirror T'Pol).

Gonna need a figure of this ASAP.
star-trek-picard-season-3-worf.jpg

Cotswold Collectibles just canceled my Admiral Kirk TMP pre-order.
Their explanation follows:
"I just wanted to reach out because we were contacted by Sideshow yesterday afternoon informing us that we will not be getting any EXO-6 Star Trek: The Motion Picture - Admiral James T. Kirk figures. Until yesterday, we were unaware that this was a limited-edition figure and were under the impression that we had until December 15th to place our preorder. However, our Sideshow rep informed us, they pre-sold out within days of their preorder going live. After the news that they (our distributor) could not supply this for us, we took it to the manufacturer EXO-6 but they’ve yet to respond. This predicament leaves us with our hands tied and having to cancel all orders for this figure.

We sincerely apologize and hate to have to cancel an order.

Abby [Normal]"

I think it's funny that they thought they could place a pre-order with Sideshow until Dec. 15

Cotswold Collectibles just canceled my Admiral Kirk TMP pre-order.
Their explanation follows:
"I just wanted to reach out because we were contacted by Sideshow yesterday afternoon informing us that we will not be getting any EXO-6 Star Trek: The Motion Picture - Admiral James T. Kirk figures. Until yesterday, we were unaware that this was a limited-edition figure and were under the impression that we had until December 15th to place our preorder. However, our Sideshow rep informed us, they pre-sold out within days of their preorder going live. After the news that they (our distributor) could not supply this for us, we took it to the manufacturer EXO-6 but they’ve yet to respond. This predicament leaves us with our hands tied and having to cancel all orders for this figure.

We sincerely apologize and hate to have to cancel an order.

Abby [Normal]"

I think it's funny that they thought they could place a pre-order with Sideshow until Dec. 15
They clearly had no knowledge of the limited nature of the figure. Each EXO-6 figure's status needs to be noted when it goes up, whether preorder to 5 months delivery or immediate purchase.

Why does Worf look as old as Kang, Koloth, and Kor at 100+? He's only supposed to be in his sixties. That's not particularly old for a Klingon.
Probably because that's how old the actor is, lol. Probably the same reason his son seemed to age in dog years

Michael Dorn isn't over 100 years old.
No, but he's about the same age as John Colicos was at the time.
But, i mean, aside from the white hair, Worf doesn't look particularly old. Maybe he's just more like Steve Martin.

No, but he's about the same age as John Colicos was at the time.
But, i mean, aside from the white hair, Worf doesn't look particularly old.
Sure, but when he showed up on DS9, Colicos was portraying a character who was supposed to be over 100 years old. Worf isn't and shouldn't look as old. His hair shouldn't be white, and he shouldn't have what look like liver spots applied by the make up department. The lines that are naturally on Dorn's face should do enough to make him look like a Klingon in his sixties, which as I pointed out above, isn't particuarly old for an alien race which can live past 150, assuming they aren't killed in battle.

Nanjin posted this and described it as a 3 heights multilevel display stand. Have to say this is exactly what I want. Something to maximize the amount of figures I can display at a time.

I actually was trying to figure out a way to do something multilevel and of varying heights to display figures (kind of like risers). I don’t have the skill for this type of setup but I’m definitely interested for one or more of these.
214BE162-5DC6-4BDD-87F3-F548BEDA3C4A.jpeg

Nanjin posted this and described it as a 3 heights multilevel display stand. Have to say this is exactly what I want. Something to maximize the amount of figures I can display at a time.

I actually was trying to figure out a way to do something multilevel and of varying heights to display figures (kind of like risers). I don’t have the skill for this type of setup but I’m definitely interested for one or more of these.
View attachment 611937
That’s very cool.

Kit makes a clear, 3-level stand that can take on a couple of different configurations.

I like this display though.

View attachment 611937
This would be everything I was hoping for, including holes to allow optional stands. I think I would still need to commission some extra decking as there as there were 11 main characters plus a few groovy aliens I would like to display but this looks like an aewsome way to start.

I just hope when it comes they've sized the base correctly and Kirk's feet aren't dangling above the floor like a child in a seat that's too big for it.

Back