EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gross. Nobody needs a 12" figure in the likeness of an admitted pedophile. And I'm sure Nanjin wouldn't want to pay Stephen Collins for his likeness rights.
You know, I totally forgot about that. I was just thinking strictly from a plot perspective. Well, I'm happy with the big three now. lol

It doesn’t stop the folks who want a Michael Jackson figure (though he paid people to shut up about his actions).
But MJ is an individual a francise all his own. You could choose to buy him or pass him by. A little more complicated with a group or francise for a completist collector. As well as MJ being a real person and Will Decker being a fictional character.

Like one excuse after another with something that was supposed to be a two-park taking up room in the factory floor back in May .

And what happens when Paramount doesn’t approve an image /product on something that EXO-6 is suppose to already have a license for ( and a need and/or desire for) a 5 year limitation ?

Does it go back the drawing board ?
There are a lot of stages to approvals - for instance, sculpts go through at least 5 rounds of studio approvals before production, and it can be more, especially if talent is directly involved, or change their mind - eg, Bakula wanted to change Archer's hair to a season 4 hairstyle right towards the end of the cycle.

At any stage, it can be sent back, either for large wholesale changes (eg a brand new sculpt from scratch) or minor adjustments, but it will need to go through each stage of approval again. But not being approved certainly doesn't mean cancelled or anything, it just means it will continue development until it does meet whatever is required to get that approval, which in some cases is quite subjective especially if the actors are involved.

In regards to the five-year limitation, Nanjn recently mentioned that Paramount would likely want EXO-6 to continue beyond that time, so all this worry might be for naught. We shall see!

There are a lot of stages to approvals - for instance, sculpts go through at least 5 rounds of studio approvals before production, and it can be more, especially if talent is directly involved, or change their mind - eg, Bakula wanted to change Archer's hair to a season 4 hairstyle right towards the end of the cycle.

At any stage, it can be sent back, either for large wholesale changes (eg a brand new sculpt from scratch) or minor adjustments, but it will need to go through each stage of approval again. But not being approved certainly doesn't mean cancelled or anything, it just means it will continue development until it does meet whatever is required to get that approval, which in some cases is quite subjective especially if the actors are involved.

In regards to the five-year limitation, Nanjn recently mentioned that Paramount would likely want EXO-6 to continue beyond that time, so all this worry might be for naught. We shall see!

What an interesting post (particularly the last paragraph) - thank you (y)

I’ve found it curious that this far in there have been no incarnations of Shatner. ( Yes, I know we all EXPECT a TMP Kirk in the next week). It just made me think : What if a particular actor sat on and then disapproved image multiple times ? As they say time is money and Nanjin has time and again indicated limited time. ( I guess it may not be ingrained in stone and he could conceivably stretch to 5 1/2 —- 6 years)

…and would ParamounT’s desire to continue be based on additional years licensing fees ?

The one thing that concerns me is the economy in freefall and consumer discretionary spending drying up at the fastest rate in history. I fear dropping demand could end the line early. With my expenses and bills going straight to the moon I've had to skip figures for the first time and I would assume that's happening to others in the wider market also. Or maybe these figures are insulated due to being luxury goods, I dunno. I only know I need more DS9 damnit.

But MJ is an individual a francise all his own. You could choose to buy him or pass him by. A little more complicated with a group or francise for a completist collector. As well as MJ being a real person and Will Decker being a fictional character.
Nanjin is fully aware that there are passable custom heads out there for Decker and Ilia, for the relatively few people who want them desperately, so he can skip them guilt free and focus on more popular, more complex characters.

Some more teases for the Ent-E backdrop on Facebook. I’m tentatively keen, not sure how it’s going to go with international transport and I dunno, I think for it to be effective…kinda needs to have the complete FC crew.

Truth be told part of me is kind of regretting pre-ordering the Enterprise E chair for the same reason. I mean it’s cool but if we’re only getting select characters from that film I dunno if it’s really that necessary. I’m sure I’ll still like it when it arrives though.

Truth be told part of me is kind of regretting pre-ordering the Enterprise E chair for the same reason. I mean it’s cool but if we’re only getting select characters from that film I dunno if it’s really that necessary. I’m sure I’ll still like it when it arrives though.
I guess the thing about the chair is that we have the Picard figure suited for it, but I’m unlikely to put the Voyager crew for example in front of the Enterprise E backdrop. Still in two minds about it hahah

I guess the thing about the chair is that we have the Picard figure suited for it, but I’m unlikely to put the Voyager crew for example in front of the Enterprise E backdrop. Still in two minds about it hahah
Yeah, but the chair to me isn’t all that iconic on its own because it had limited screen time in just three films. It was an early impulsive pre-order when things were just starting to roll out is how it kind of feels.

Like I can display it with Picard sitting in it and Data at his side (and whoever else eventually comes out) but really that’s about it.

I just think it may have been better if we had gotten the Enterprise D chair which had far more screen time and a more iconic chair.

I mean really with how Voyager heavy things have been a VOY chair and backdrop would actually seem to have made more sense.

Although I guess I can kind of see why not because I’m not sure how it would look if it was broken off into one rather than being the one big segment.

I think Nanjin has alluded to the fact that if he were to make a VOY chair it would be the complete Captain / XO section

I'm still looking forward to the FC chair because I love the design, but not sure how much I'll actually have Picard sitting in it. I've grown to really like having him standing with the phaser rifle.

I'm still looking forward to the FC chair because I love the design, but not sure how much I'll actually have Picard sitting in it. I've grown to really like having him standing with the phaser rifle.
That’s just it. The iconic look for Picard in that movie is him in the vest with the phaser rifle. He barely sat in the chair. Like I say I feel like I bought into hype a bit with it. It’ll still be cool though.

I think Nanjin has alluded to the fact that if he were to make a VOY chair it would be the complete Captain / XO section
That would make sense. Just kind of feels like that would be a logical release given how VOY heavy EXO-6 has been to date. Plus having had Janeway in hand for quite a while and Chakotay on the way it would seemingly make sense.

I actually might consider it if it were made as seated Janeway and Chakotay with the rest of the crew hanging around would be a decent display.

Back