EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For sure, you did say tentative. People read into comments differently and as we discuss as a group, it can be assumed to be one way or another. I don’t think anyone is claiming anything in stone.

Seems like people want to put my words on a stone. I can change my mind anytime before production. NOTHING is firm. I can even scratch the leisure jacket totally from Picard.

I think is better for you guys to wait for EXO-6 annoucements instead of receiving info from me. You can hold them responsible instead of me.
It’s a shame that you are put in this position, when all you are doing is giving the collector’s a heads up. Which you do not have to - obviously.

I take things said by yourself with a pinch of salt because as we all know (or should) things can change at the drop of hat in this industry with licences, likeness rights, production issues etc.

I appreciate it either way Nanjin, try not to be discouraged by it. It’s great that we get the man at the top talking to us mere mortals!

Keep up the excellent work 👍🏻

There are good reasons to worry. There's a huge unexpected possible TMP collectors added to the mix.
Not exactly what I want to hear since I really want the TMP trio and chair but I am happy that there seems to be demand for Trek. That being said I would rather be worried about not being able to get Kirk due to a quick sellout than worry that not enough Kirks will sell and that the line will end with Spock and the chair and McCoy get scrapped. Thanks for everything you have been doing for us fans. The risks and effort are appreciated even if Kirk sells out before my order gets through. I will be with EXO for the long haul.

There are good reasons to worry. There's a huge unexpected possible TMP collectors added to the mix.

Thanks to David Fein, i think those whom I discouraged to collect TMP in the uniform sector can't cover the new interested audience generated by David. David, the producer of the 4K TMP, is still actively promoting our TMP figures release.

The strategy might have back fired to generate even more demand.

Remember, I planned to destroy all prototyping and production info and assets including head molds, so they can't be reproduced without another heavy investment (more like forever None)

I worry too many things for too many years for 1/6 Trek. I will will let you guys handle this TMP yourself.
Ha ha. It's great that there is a lot of demand but if Imiss him, sobe it! I thinkit will be a shame if non TMP fans buy only him and don't follow through with the others but from the look of things even reduced demand might be enough to mop up the stock. I refuse to be upset about a Trek success story! I will just keep fingers crossed that Planet Action Figures gets its stock.

Q starts shipping in about 10 days. Another final better than proto production as we always do.

Attachments

• _7801789.JPG
    _7801789.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 0
Ha ha. It's great that there is a lot of demand but if Imiss him, sobe it! I thinkit will be a shame if non TMP fans buy only him and don't follow through with the others but from the look of things even reduced demand might be enough to mop up the stock. I refuse to be upset about a Trek success story! I will just keep fingers crossed that Planet Action Figures gets its stock.
I’m admittedly not a die hard TMP fan and while I am and always have been a fan of the movie I would only be in for Kirk as the iconography of his look, tailoring and expression mean something to me as a Star Trek fan. I had a fairly decent Playmates collection, not huge by any means, but I had a good range of characters and one of the only ones who stuck with me and is still displayed is this version of Kirk (along side Darmok Picard).

I’m more of a Monster Maroon fan but he beat that version of Kirk (I think in this case Generations as I sadly didn’t get any Playmates WoK figures). Pretty sure he even ended up following me to University amongst a bunch of things from my desk at home.

If I miss out on him I truly hope he ends up in the hands of collectors who have a connection to him from this movie, I have this worry that this could end up being one of the figures the Ferengi home in on.

Kirk aside, the chair has me more worried in some ways.

As I said I’m more a fan of the MM but TMP Kirk to one inside I want the chair either for WoK Kirk, Spock or possibly even Saavik to sit in. Nanjins plan to have the chair pull double duty to represent TMP or WoK just like the real chair from the movie is regally great but that means it’s going to be in higher demand possibly even for collectors who double or triple dip as it can represent both the Enterprise and Reliant (in the words of Hagrid from Harry Potter “I should not have said that”).

Such a great time to be a Star Trek fan!

I wonder, is it realistic to hope for figures from Lower Decks and Prodigy? If Hot Toys can get away with What If, can we possibly see figures of Boimler, Mariner, Jankom Pogg and Rok-Tak?

I'd be all over that. Especially the ones from Lower Decks.

I wonder, is it realistic to hope for figures from Lower Decks and Prodigy? If Hot Toys can get away with What If, can we possibly see figures of Boimler, Mariner, Jankom Pogg and Rok-Tak?

I believe Nanjin said he had the rights to everything but Prodigy.
But I would think that characters from animation are a whole different art form .

I believe Nanjin said he had the rights to everything but Prodigy.
But I would think that characters from animation are a whole different art form .
To a certain degree, I think so, but Hot Toys has done it with Captain Carter and Infinity Ultron. And one company made a 1/6 Rick and Morty (Though those are mostly statues).
I know it's unlikely, but I'd hope it isn't impossible.

I really want 1:6 Lower Decks figures but I didn't want to be the first person to say it out loud. :lol

The main four would be insta-buys but I would drop kick a mugato* for a 1:6 Tendi with DS9 model kit accessory.

*Not really. Save the mugatos.

I really want 1:6 Lower Decks figures but I didn't want to be the first person to say it out loud. :lol

The main four would be insta-buys but I would drop kick a mugato* for a 1:6 Tendi with DS9 model kit accessory.

*Not really. Save the mugatos.
I want them too. Until Strange New Worlds, Lower Decks had been the absolute best new Star Trek show (At least, in my opinion). I too would absolutely kill for a Tendi with DS9 model kit. And a Mariner with a Spock helmet, too!

I would totally pick up some smaller scale action figures from Lower Decks and Prodigy, but don't really see the need for 1/6 versions in cloth outfits. And don't think that would fit the cartoony style of those shows anyway.
Making cloth outfit is making LD unrealistic. Contradict to the objective of today's 1/6 approaches.

Making cloth outfit is making LD unrealistic. Contradict to the objective of today's 1/6 approaches.

Yeah, I thought it would probably need to be more like Mondo's Rick and Morty, BUT...Captain Carter from Hot Toys does look pretty sweet.

Back