EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if it’s been mentioned before but a collectors series of multiple alien characters portrayed by the same actor across different series would be interesting. Jeffery Combs being tops on the list. Marc Alaimo. Suzy Plakson.

Sideshow is doing an animated take on Star Wars The Clone Wars 1/6 scale figures in cloth outfits. They seem to get positive buzz whenever the prototypes are shown. I would think this style would be an appropriate template for Lower Decks and even the Holographic Janeway from Prodigy.

A8EC64E2-D983-46FC-8836-68EE63422E78.jpeg
6743EA4C-0AB5-4B21-89F1-E871A7BC9E57.jpeg

Sideshow is doing an animated take on Star Wars The Clone Wars 1/6 scale figures in cloth outfits. They seem to get positive buzz whenever the prototypes are shown. I would think this style would be an appropriate template for Lower Decks and even the Holographic Janeway from Prodigy.

View attachment 583686View attachment 583687
It will cost us 5x or 6x to produce this and we just don't have the volume to justify a new body for each character unless we charge USD350 each.... each body will need minimum of 7000 units to cover the cost. I really doubt LD can reach 5000 (each character)

Those collectors with an entitlement attitude can never be satisfied nor grateful for what they have, so after addressing a concern with the appropriate respect and logic -- yet still getting flack from them -- it's just best to keep them at a distance.
I'm sure there are some collectors like that, but I think most just don't know what they don't know. They're like wouldn't X be cool, and if Nanjin says we can't do that because Y they're like OK.

Frankly, inquiring about animated figures makes a lot more sense to me than the people throwing out all these random fan favorite characters I can't see clearing a 1,000 units like the Jeffery Combs suggestion but maybe they would align better with the current production model and be more possible. But again, I don't know what I don't know...

I do know I'm here to support STOS so bring it out EXO-6! :)

Those collectors with an entitlement attitude can never be satisfied nor grateful for what they have, so after addressing a concern with the appropriate respect and logic -- yet still getting flack from them -- it's just best to keep them at a distance.
We are acting out for the things we missed as a kid. Crankiness is natural.

I'm sure there are some collectors like that, but I think most just don't know what they don't know. They're like wouldn't X be cool, and if Nanjin says we can't do that because Y they're like OK.
Frankly, inquiring about animated figures makes a lot more sense to me than the people throwing out all these random fan favorite characters I can't see clearing a 1,000 units like the Jeffery Combs suggestion but maybe they would align better with the current production model and be more possible. But again, I don't know what I don't know...

Agreed, but dreaming about it is fun - bring on the mad captain’s/admirals line!😎

Well stated Paul. I see no entitlement here, merely discussion, which is the point of this forum. I would think any creator coming onto these pages expects to engage in some dialogue with their customer base, whether that be praise or constructive feedback.

In regards to the random characters being thrown out there, I’m supportive of seeing these developed but I’m far more enthusiastic about seeing the main cast of each series first.

It will cost us 5x or 6x to produce this and we just don't have the volume to justify a new body for each character unless we charge USD350 each.... each body will need minimum of 7000 units to cover the cost. I really doubt LD can reach 5000 (each character)
Stick to renditions of flesh & blood actors who wear fabric clothing in their live action shows. Leave the animated figures to the blow molded vinyl manufacturers.

In regards to the random characters being thrown out there, I’m supportive of seeing these developed but I’m far more enthusiastic about seeing the main cast of each series first.
Ive thrown out some names ( I.e. Harry Mudd) and Morn has always been a favorite. But in all reality I can’t afford 30 or 40 of these figures at $ 200 a piece. So I don’t know how much beyond Lieutenants Kyle and Leslie I can go.

That's really unfortunate. If we were ever lucky enough to see them in live-action (The actors for the main four on Lower Decks are very close in resemblance to who they voice, hint-hint) maybe that would change.
I know more people would be into those series if they weren't cartoons, which is too bad because they really are remarkably good.

I just finished watching Star Trek Picard S02.

And altough I was disappointed again - as with S01 - I would buy an
Spoiler Spoiler:
figure in an instant, because the design was awesome.

Spoiler Spoiler:
The design WAS really cool. I just wish it was paired with a decent story.
Kinda like I wish Tom Hardy played a character in Trek from a better movie.

That's really unfortunate. If we were ever lucky enough to see them in live-action (The actors for the main four on Lower Decks are very close in resemblance to who they voice, hint-hint) maybe that would change.
I know more people would be into those series if they weren't cartoons, which is too bad because they really are remarkably good.
The S1 finale of Lower Decks, I never thought I could get that vested into animated characters, until then. Lower Decks was the best ST at the time… but SNW now holds that title.

DF5F21FD-4779-41A6-8111-A4DD5BDD324C.jpeg
We’ve already got photo references… 😉
EE27D3D9-6E65-4FFC-9DE4-DC60827250B8.jpeg

Back