EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I had gotten Scotty and Sulu, but I’ll get them eventually when EXO-6 does them. Khan I was able to score on eBay before the price got crazy.
Unfortunately because both Kirk and Spock were hard to find ( prior to the reissue) I passed on Khan.

Unfortunately because both Kirk and Spock were hard to find ( prior to the reissue) I passed on Khan.
Yeah, I got the second run QMX Kirk and Spock figures. I ordered them just at the right time. I actually only had Picard (QMX version) and Khan for the longest time. I grabbed Khan because I anticipated it being one that would probably become harder to find down the road. Glad I got him when I did.

Yeah, I got the second run QMX Kirk and Spock figures. I ordered them just at the right time. I actually only had Picard (QMX version) and Khan for the longest time. I grabbed Khan because I anticipated it being one that would probably become harder to find down the road. Glad I got him when I did.
I picked up Picard at SDCC from the QMX booth itself, which was fun. THey also had Burnham and Georgiou, the WOK figures, and several of the TNG figures on display, so I left the convention very excited that day. Although, the person at the booth also told me not to hold my breath for a Sisko or any other DS9 figures, which was heartbreaking. But now I have him on preorder, so all is right with the world.

69C24C17-65CA-4BAC-AB45-F58B47FFD84D.jpeg
@nanjin is making it really hard for me to only get TWOK Kirk as the sole representation of Shatner in my collection. The likeness on this sculpt is perfect!

I should add his text from the Facebook post he made-

“My standard answer for any color change request for approval was "...then we will not make it." I can stop the entire operation if I am told to do something else.

As of today, I will only move along with the advises from 3 persons without hesitation.

I trust them totally in their knowledge in Trek uniforms color and I met one of them at Mission Chicago.

He gave me a new color for TMP Admiral Kirk.

I stop the production of the Loden Greem TMP Admiral and did another dye with XXXXX Green. The result is gorgeous if not amazing.

Check out this photo. 2 lights on its side at 5600k, one soft light in front.

Can you see grey on your right and green on your left?

Same lights but different distance and yielded different "color" intensity (high school physic taught us this is a phenomenon of Inverse Square Law. I use all my knowledge from all fields) thr lights on your right was further away, white light was less intense and yellow start affecting the color. From physics we know Yellow+Red = Green. Therefore, green color was affected. Noticed the skin color is more red on Kirk's left side too? (Our right)

This TMP release will be better than perfect, and this color will bring GREAT DISTURBANCE in Trek uniforms Continuum.

This is going to be really interesting to see. EXO-6 is going to introduce a new subject to argue for Trek fans to enjoy.”

View attachment 581805@nanjin is making it really hard for me to only get TWOK Kirk as the sole representation of Shatner in my collection. The likeness on this sculpt is perfect!

It is tempting.

I too was trying to stick with the TWOK uniforms as my representation of the movie era.

TMP is such a funny entry, a trial run movie that feels almost like a cancelled series pilot and not actually part of canon chronology. Yet as a film it still has a lot going for it, and these uniforms are nostalgic in their own way.

View attachment 581805@nanjin is making it really hard for me to only get TWOK Kirk as the sole representation of Shatner in my collection. The likeness on this sculpt is perfect!
This is my favorite iteration of Kirk and my first exposure to Trek. As a three year old kid I had the tiny Mego figure of him in this outfit

I finally received my Picard today, but unfortunately I fell victim to the issue a few others have had where the packaging rubbed against the nose of the figure and damaged the paint.

@nanjin I thought I would point out this issue so it can be considered when packaging is designed for future figures. I've reached out to the retailer, but I doubt they'll be able to provide a replacement head at this point so I probably just have to live with it, which is a pretty big bummer. Unfortunately the issue is quite noticeable under the lights if my display. 20220607_111649.jpg

Otherwise, the figure is excellent. The likeness and tailoring look even better in hand. Perhaps the only improvement I can think of, design wise, would be a closer colour match between the hands and body/wrist pegs. It's a little jarring right now whenever some of the wrist slips out of the sleeve.

I haven't seen much reaction or discussion on here about the Tuvok that dropped a few days ago. Does anyone have additional thoughts or opinions on this figure?

For me, I think the sculpt is fairly good, and the uniform is vibrant and will look fantastic next to the other current releases. My negatives are the black line underneath the hair which I'm not sure will appear on the shipped production pieces or not, and I wish he had the classic VOY rifle. I guess he is kind of a "basic" feeling release, but I really appreciate Tim Russ' portrayal of a Vulcan. He made you simultaneously believe he was emotionless, while also giving you a facial movement just subtle enough that you could swear there was something under there. I put him on par with Nimoy in the portrayal of Vulcans hall of fame.

Tuvok_01_1024x1024@2x.jpg

I should add his text from the Facebook post he made-

“My standard answer for any color change request for approval was "...then we will not make it." I can stop the entire operation if I am told to do something else.

As of today, I will only move along with the advises from 3 persons without hesitation.

I trust them totally in their knowledge in Trek uniforms color and I met one of them at Mission Chicago.

He gave me a new color for TMP Admiral Kirk.

I stop the production of the Loden Greem TMP Admiral and did another dye with XXXXX Green. The result is gorgeous if not amazing.

Check out this photo. 2 lights on its side at 5600k, one soft light in front.

Can you see grey on your right and green on your left?

Same lights but different distance and yielded different "color" intensity (high school physic taught us this is a phenomenon of Inverse Square Law. I use all my knowledge from all fields) thr lights on your right was further away, white light was less intense and yellow start affecting the color. From physics we know Yellow+Red = Green. Therefore, green color was affected. Noticed the skin color is more red on Kirk's left side too? (Our right)

This TMP release will be better than perfect, and this color will bring GREAT DISTURBANCE in Trek uniforms Continuum.

This is going to be really interesting to see. EXO-6 is going to introduce a new subject to argue for Trek fans to enjoy.”
This is astonishing.
Damn…I may need to break down and join Facebook if this is what I am missing.
Thank you for sharing this.

The scalpers have been my fear from the beginning of this venture. They would ruin a true collector's chance of obtaining a most-wanted figure.
I don't think they exist in Trek market or just a few. I can see this in other figures. Don't think Trek is significant enough for them spend investment instead of those figures that surely make more money and faster. Only late comers have problems

I have been actively encouraging those who believe the Admiral uniform is grey to skip this collection. I have eliminates a sizable group of uniforms geek. Situation shouldn't be too bad.
Fingers crossed that you are right - this is a must have for me! 🖖

Back