EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is really really slow... we have a F in our production speed. The past year's production speed couldnt even reach 30% of what I expected.

I consider our production speed a total failure and disgraced myself big time. I haven't disgraced myself this bad since 1998.
Seeing what other companies do with turnaround times, you are doing AMAZING! It may not be where you want it yet, but you will get there.

He has said it will be a security officer. So it makes sense to be Mirror Sulu or Tuvok. Based on previous pairs of characters (Picard/Data, Janeway/EMH) I'm guessing will be Sulu to go with Spock and the next PO will be Quark.

To me the pictures on the view screen picture seem like the ones that are probably coming soon. Maybe I’m wrong. I think Mirror Sulu tomorrow. Then probably Locutus as Nanjin has said he’s aiming for that to be a summer release. Then a toss up between Burnham and Kruge for who’s next.

I've been rewatching TOS for a greater appreciation. Still will be the franchise I skip the most in favor of film versions of these characters

I don't think so @nanjin, with the quality you're providing in your pieces at the current price point, I'm content with the turnaround. I appreciate the high bar you've set for yourself but in my non-expert, customer view, you're blowing away the competition on delivery as well. You had thirty something prototypes on display recently, simply awesome! Looking forward to seeing more.
This is demand side speaking, not supply side. Production needs faster speed in assortments to fill volume.

Lets do a simple example. Use 10k as an industry minimum quantity to sustain a production (factory under your control)

X company sold 10k Ironman in 12 months. Any other character will be income. If they can sell another Ironman, they will make 2x the cost as profit.

We need to sell 10k with 20 different characters because we only can sell 500 units for each character. To make as much as company X, we need to make 40 characters but we will have 20x the general fixed development cost (we need to develop 40 characters and they only need 2)

See the difficulties?

Now, add quality production to the above.

Then add fast shipping processing.

Add these extra cost and deduct from our already lower than average MSRP.

The above is about 1/3 of the entire picture.

So interms of speed in production volume. We failed. We couldn't even reach our passing score of 50% (I already set it low)

This is demand side speaking, not supply side. Production needs faster speed in assortments to fill volume.

Lets do a simple example. Use 10k as an industry minimum quantity to sustain a production (factory under your control)

X company sold 10k Ironman in 12 months. Any other character will be income. If they can sell another Ironman, they will make 2x the cost as profit.

We need to sell 10k with 20 different characters because we only can sell 500 units for each character. To make as much as company X, we need to make 40 characters but we will have 20x the general fixed development cost (we need to develop 40 characters and they only need 2)

See the difficulties?

So interms of speed in production volume. We failed. We couldn't even reach our passing score of 50% (I already set it low)
So what does that mean for the future of the line?

So what does that mean for the future of the line?
Move faster in assortments race against time and also catchup with the lost time.

Overwhelmed the entire 1/6 Trek and kill any possibilities of future new comer. So EXO-6 1/6 becomes a true Star Trek Limited Collectibles.

No change except faster momentum

To me the pictures on the view screen picture seem like the ones that are probably coming soon. Maybe I’m wrong. I think Mirror Sulu tomorrow. Then probably Locutus as Nanjin has said he’s aiming for that to be a summer release. Then a toss up between Burnham and Kruge for who’s next.
Could also be that DSC Pike he's been taking about recently.

My bet is on Tuvok though since he's been previewed in many other images for a while now.

Move faster in assortments race against time and also catchup with the lost time.

Overwhelmed the entire 1/6 Trek and kill any possibilities of future new comer. So EXO-6 1/6 becomes a true Star Trek Limited Collectibles.

No change except faster momentum
That's great news!

See the difficulties?

Thank you for providing us with the run down on the complexities you're faced with, it's no small feat being the trailblazer for 1/6 Trek. Out of curiosity, do you run the same lot size for all characters or are some higher than others? You should do plant tours! ;)

It's difficult to imagine a different person else coming along and replicating what EXO-6 is doing. You do what you do for Star Trek and Star Trek collectors and you're a fan that speaks the language.

It's rare to find someone with a combination of that understanding along with the dedication, connections, and industry experience to actually be able to leverage all that into a functioning business.

I have seen the rise and fall of many collectibles companies. Some combination of needlessly chasing profit, mismanaging their line, inability to work with their manufacturers, burning bridges with artists and creatives, poor communication with customers, and the burden of licensor demands usually leads to their downfall.

Another entity who would try to do Star Trek would probably face those same pitfalls. But you've been able to find the right balance so far.

Thank you for providing us 1 the run down on the complexities you're faced with, it's no small feat being the trailblazer for 1/6 Trek. Out of curiosity, do you run the same lot size for all characters or are some higher than qpX others? You should do plant tours! ;)
Beside Gap Fillers that usually go low in quantities, the regular scheduled releases quantities are based on presale.

As of now, Janeway has the highest demand. Close to 2x of FC Picard.

Back