EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is really really slow... we have a F in our production speed. The past year's production speed couldnt even reach 30% of what I expected.

I consider our production speed a total failure and disgraced myself big time. I haven't disgraced myself this bad since 1998.
I appreciate all your hard work. It seems like EVERYTHING is still facing delays and hardships due to the pandemic, especially when it comes to getting production going and shipping. I know you didn’t reach your goals, but I think you’re doing an amazing job in these trying times. I haven’t been this excited for Trek since Enterprise debuted and they started releasing deluxe versions of the movies on dvd. Exo-6’s product line is a big part of that and I can’t wait to add some to my collection!

Actually there's probably a lot of people that are grateful things have slowed down a bit, so they have more time to save up for the next release. So I guess that could be one silver lining from these delays.
This is me. I know Nanjin goes on about a five year plan, but realistically I’d like it to go longer so releases could be spaced out. I’m sure there are reasons he wants to finish earlier though.

Beside Gap Fillers that usually go low in quantities, the regular scheduled releases quantities are based on presale.

As of now, Janeway has the highest demand. Close to 2x of FC Picard.
Is Sisko catching up to Janeway fast?

This is me. I know Nanjin goes on about a five year plan, but realistically I’d like it to go longer so releases could be spaced out. I’m sure there are reasons he wants to finish earlier though.
I can't hold the production team by then if I don't expand. They are growing to be better on a daily basis.

Imagine, production learns to produce 10 new figures every year. We have to do 20 or more. The knowledge that they gain is exponential comparing to other factories. They are technicians. Time and experience adds value.

Don't think 1/6 Trek can sustain their salary by then if EXO-6 doesnt expans during this 4 years. I don't brainwash my people to work as slaves. They grow and I pay accordingly. Not difficult to hypothesize the results.

I'm thankful for the current pace. Making it easy for me to get EMH and Sisko on payment plans.

Figure looks fantastic. Another home run as far as the figure goes. This will be an interesting one to watch the sales on. As great as the figure is I could see a lot of people pass on him to save for the main characters in the non-Mirror universe. I think the depth of the TOS Mirrorverse might rest on how well he sells.

That sculpt is absolutely incredible. I hope the normal Sulu looks as good. Just stellar work all around!

This is demand side speaking, not supply side. Production needs faster speed in assortments to fill volume.

Lets do a simple example. Use 10k as an industry minimum quantity to sustain a production (factory under your control)

X company sold 10k Ironman in 12 months. Any other character will be income. If they can sell another Ironman, they will make 2x the cost as profit.

We need to sell 10k with 20 different characters because we only can sell 500 units for each character. To make as much as company X, we need to make 40 characters but we will have 20x the general fixed development cost (we need to develop 40 characters and they only need 2)

See the difficulties?

Now, add quality production to the above.

Then add fast shipping processing.

Add these extra cost and deduct from our already lower than average MSRP.

The above is about 1/3 of the entire picture.

So interms of speed in production volume. We failed. We couldn't even reach our passing score of 50% (I already set it low)
You're peeps are probably saying "We're givin her all we got Captn!" :). Considering half of China is locked down, I'm surprised we've seen as many as we have so far

Back