EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For Scotty, I'd rather have this.

James_Doohan_as_Scotty_%28TWOK%29.jpg

2 for all - but like others have said if it were just one and done it could go a couple of ways for Mr Scott.

If we were talking about the earlier films, especially with the ST2 line, it would be in the engineering suit thedarkknight posted a picture of.

If it were for the films overall it would be the white top with the black engineering vest as he wore that predominately through half of the movies and is the look I most think of when it comes to Scotty.

I have also always really liked the jacket he wears in ST3 which davejames posted, it gave a casual but still smart look to your high ranking officers and always liked the jacket when worn by both Scotty in The Search for Spock and The Voyage Home as well as Kirk in The Final Frontier.

I said it myself earlier in the thread Scotty I think is the more awkward one from both the producer and the collectors viewpoints when it comes to uniforms - the rest of the crew had their variation through the 5 (6 if you count Generations) they wore this uniform but apart from changes in age, hairstyles etc.

The rest of the crew remained fairly consistent and you wouldn't notice too much of a difference in a Wrath of Khan Admiral Kirk to a Undiscovered Country Captain Kirk at a distance - especially if someone taking a glance at our collections isn't a hard core Trekkie.

Troi and Scotty, I would want both. For the others, 2 for all.
And I think I mentioned Troi's "Encounter at Farpoint" uniform already ;)

Scotty 2 - more iconic look, though as has been said, it depends on other releases. If others are all TWOK, I'd prob prefer the radiation suit. Either way, he didn't spend much time in his "official" uniform in the movies so I don't see a need for it.

Also - re: the TWOK radiation suit - he also wore it in TMP (with some minor changes), so it could go with TMP as well, if those ever get released, which is a bit of a win-win on that one.

Of course, the vest could also be paired with TNG....decisions, decisions!

Troi is easily 1, just because it's what she wore more, and also that's what Playmates released first, and was therefore what she appeared in on my bridge as a kid.

Worf depends on other releases too. I'd say generally he looks better in a ponytail, but if we're getting a DS9 Worf and a FC Spacesuit Worf as has been hinted, I could go with the Karen cut just for some variety (also, assuming it's the same body, you could also pop the head off one of those other two and do a swap).

Quark - eh, don't care. As long as we get him. Probably 1.

T'Pol - we've seen the Archer proto has the later seasons shorter hair, so it's gotta be 2 to match. Though personally I really liked 1. That said, I think I prefer the blue or the purple outfits to the orange.

EDIT: T'Pol also changed them between S3-4, adding rank pips, an Enterprise patch and a hit of blue (for science?) to the shoulders. Not sure if I really like those, but S4 was the best of the show, so maybe...

Last edited:
2 for all, though I'd buy both Trois. When I just quickly think of the character, I do tend to picture the grey and purple.

Interesting results.

For Scotty the clear favorite seems to be 2. So, for Undiscovered Country Scotty the preference is the engineer's vest. I suppose a deluxe version could also include an optional jacket? Should a 2nd movie-version Scotty be made that could then be the radiation suit from Wrath of Khan.

For Troi it's almost an even split. Slightly more for the duty uniform but even those votes seem to relent that the purple jumpsuit is somewhat more well-known for the character.

Worf also seems to be pretty even. The suggestion of having pony-tail Worf for DS9 and crop-cut Worf for TNG seems best and would set the two head sculpts apart.

Quark, some seemed indifferent to this one. I must admit I'd be happy with either but version 2 did get more votes. Of course he had more suits than just these two so maybe there's another comparison that's due.

No contest for T'Pol. Option 2 was the clear favorite.

Thanks for playing along and for everyone sharing what they prefer. Maybe this data will be useful to someone out there.

Perhaps it's time to review the many looks of Major/Colonel Kira next...

Back