EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just received my Data figure a few days ago and it is Magnificent! The pictures and even the 4K video reviews still don't do it justice. I've heard this said about other figures before, but the Data figure is so much better in hand than any screen can portray. He looks real! I paid about $35 more than retail as I bought it from an ebay seller who has quite a few of these brand new. Didn't want to wait for BBTS or Sideshow...

I've been visiting this site for years but never posted before today. But I just wanted to share a story that might be interesting. I got my Data about 2 weeks ago. The box was slightly nicked in transit and the uniform didn't sit quite right at the neck - the symmetry between the grey portion and yellow undershirt was off. I loved the figure and the likeness and didn't want to complain over something so minor but after a couple of days of trying to get it to sit right I contacted Exo-6 and asked if there was anything they could do about it. The same day Nanjin himself was in touch with me to look into it (I shared photos etc of the box and figure) and by the next day I had been sent a fully paid return shipping label and told he would take care of it. In the space of a week I had shipped my Data back and received the replacement. I figured it would take weeks so couldn't believe it when Data showed up yesterday. And both Data and packaging are absolutely perfect! From reading the posts across the years many of you already know what a superstar Nanjin is, so I just wanted to add my story. Honestly the best customer service ever and an amazing figure - by far my favorite of the 1/6 Treks released. I loved all the QMX figures (except for Sulu!) but this is somehow a huge step up even on those!! Thank you Nanjin!!

We are still in infancy. After September we will be in better position to show case anything. No point showing things and can't produce them like what happened a few years ago.

But be realistic, Trek figures are like Storm Troopers, we need a bunch of them to look good or even presentable.

It is good to participate the cons, but why attend if I only have “wow” instead of speechless reactions. I rather throw a grenade than a firecracker. I want real damages when people realize what's going on and what is going to happen.

September, should have lots of anoucements and hope to see lots of regrets from those who didnt buy Data and Picard and didn't order the figures that we will be announcing in the coming weeks.
Is September when Discovery season 4 launches? Is that also when Playmates release their trek figures? Are you guys trying to have synergy with other Trek makers?

Received Data and he is a fantastic figure. I had to do a little bit of collar adjustments, but it was an easy fix. The head sculpt is magnificent. I will most likely buy most of EXO-6's releases.

Man ! , It would seem to me you have to have a lot of people with DEEEEEEP pockets to get down to manufacturing characters like Kahn’s babes and henchmen and Captain Terrell at $ 185 a shot . I really wouldnt even go beyond the 3 TOS leads.

It's just a lot of people pie-in-the-skying. I don't think many actually think there's a chance in hell any of those characters see the light of day.

Completely agree With Jimmy!

I'm okay with a lot of characters from different shows, but before focusing on too much series, I’d like to see the TOS crew finished.

my fear is that once again, we'll have bits and pieces form everything an nothing complete. I’ve known Nanjin for years now, I know he is devoted to ST and means the best for the license and the collectors. But clearly, ST isn’t SW and I’d be surprised if it sells as well. I really, really hope it does and Nanjin can produce everything he means to produce, but still, I’m afraid…

Take Picard. With the previous version, that’s at least 3 versions of him. Only the die hard collectors will invest in three different versions. Again, this doesn’t have the SW fan base, unfortunately.

It's just a lot of people pie-in-the-skying. I don't think many actually think there's a chance in hell any of those characters see the light of day.
After Kahn I think there is a chance at getting a Saavik, Kruge and maybe Chang beyond these I don’t see anyone besides the main crew being likely from the original series movies. But Nanjin has said that he could do really small runs the way he is setup so if (big if) that means runs of 50 or so then maybe you could see some pie-in-the-sky character selections. That being said I don’t know if there are even 50 people out there that would pay around $200 for Kahn’s babe and henchmen.

A little off topic did you guys see the letter toysWonderland posted about distribution in the USA?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210721-093933.png
    Screenshot_20210721-093933.png
    486.7 KB · Views: 131
We expect to have a pre-sale in 2 weeks and additional announcement for figures that will be DELIVERED before 4th Quarter (Someone is going to cry, and someone is going to thank the stars above 😊). Meantime, sit back and wait for the arrival of FC Picard. Have kleenex ready, some of you will need it (remember I said collecting 1/6 Trek will be a continuous entertainment and enjoyment?)

I considered we had a Kick Return Touch Down since Data is so well received by the audiences. Definitely we had a 14 points gain as we approach Half Time for 2021.

To widen the gap, we are putting together a 2 minute drill intended to score another touchdown before Half Time. Of course, we will go for 2 points conversion to widen the gap.

Don't try an on-side kick, you will just give us another chance to score again. Advise you to keep the ball and run out the clock.

You will be doomed in the 2nd half because we should have teared your defense apart before Half Time (defensive nature due to prior experience and uncertainties in 1/6 Trek). Our power house will be on the field when we return for the 2nd Half (of 2021).

780_0494.jpg

Last edited:
I was able to follow the instructions posted previously to adjust the uniform and undershirt collar and it did make a big difference on the figure.

Another thing to consider is how the shoulders are adjusted/posed. This is important in getting a more natural pose on the figure. Great job on the body design, Nanjin!

As has been pointed out, ST isn't SW, but the big advantage is that there is a lot of reuse of parts between figures. Uniforms and equipment requires only minimal changes between characters, such as rank badges and so forth. It's the headsculpt, that's the biggest change. Only female characters would require more investment.

As has been pointed out, ST isn't SW, but the big advantage is that there is a lot of reuse of parts between figures. Uniforms and equipment requires only minimal changes between characters, such as rank badges and so forth. It's the headsculpt, that's the biggest change. Only female characters would require more investment.
Agreed, until you get into any of the aliens. Then there are the possibilities of new bodies, hands, outfits, head sculpts...

But most ST aliens tend to be "Human" based, as far as bodies go. The changes are mostly with the head sculpts. That will definitely help in making them a bit easier to produce.

We can say that with hard goods, but not for soft goods. They don't really make a difference in cost except maybe save some time in initial prototype process. You will see our characters are in their own body shapes which means even they have the same uniform, they still need to be individually tailored after their body shapes are done.

Common parts are surely money safer, but only if we own our own production (in house); otherwise, it actually will cost more to produce and mush higher risk (assets). This is also one of the reason why no one wants to do Trek. The money safer using common parts and done in-house is actually the Achilles' heel of this approach.

It opposes to common reasoning, it is best money safer and also the most dangerous way to start a new 1/6 venture. I can actually drop dead within 2 months if I don't manage this well. This is why I had 2 years planned out and must position to supply less than demand.

Agreed, until you get into any of the aliens. Then there are the possibilities of new bodies, hands, outfits, head sculpts...

But most ST aliens tend to be "Human" based, as far as bodies go. The changes are mostly with the head sculpts. That will definitely help in making them a bit easier to produce.
You will see in the coming weeks. That isn't the case. I think I over estimated the friends' expectations 😄 This is good. You guys will receive over expectation Trek figures!

Back