EXO-6 Star Trek “Deep Space Nine” Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The stitching looks better on the front than the back for some reason.
I assume the uniform was hand-sewn shut at the back. Seems like an easy way to close it. I think I zipper may be more accurate, but if I recall that early uniform might have opened at the front, so what do I know?

edit: I was right the first time. The two-piece season 1 uniform top opened at the front. The one-piece season 1-3 uniform opened at the back via zipper.

That may not be a finalized uniform. Odo's wasn't.

Last edited:
Since I finished my latest DS9 rewatch, I've been reading the "Star Trek 2022" comic from IDW, which stars Sisko.

The characters in the comic are illustrated close enough for me to stay tuned into the story, but Quark just showed up, and damn, it's lousy.

Anyway, looking forward to my Exo 6 figure.

1689044664029.png

Yikes! Looking at that black diamond stitching on Kira’s uniform and then at official publicity photos, not only are they considerably darker, but also considerably larger than what they should be. Fingers crossed that’s just an early prototype uniform ….

A pass for me I think, she's one that I would only buy to complete a crew (which I won't be doing for any series). Might've gone for a Colonel Kira instead but I doubt that's gonna happen.

Likeness is decent, just not sure the uniform can translate well at this scale. An actual chain would've been nice for the earring, but I imagine they're wanting to keep the MSRP down on the non-headliners.

Ugh... I can't believe that terrible black stitching made it all the way to production.

The sculpt looks reasonably strong to me at some angles, and then not good at all from others. I'm assuming this is another example of the now infamous situation where purposeful lighting is required to do EXO figures justice.

Last edited:
The more I look at this, the more disappointed I am. That earlier tease looked AMAZING - but something isn't right here.

I thought I'd be onboard 100% for EVERY DS9 release, but the combination of that face sculpt and the heavy patterning (at least - as shown in these pics) just isn't doing it for me.

Hate to say it, but I think that means no Kira in my collection :slap . . . CERTAINLY no preorder. Let's see how I feel when I see other pics (from cons, or maybe I have to wait for in-hand).

I've said it before - and will doubtless say it again - THE most important thing on these is the face sculpt.

I'm also surprised about that stitching given Nanjin's focus on costumes.

Yeah I'm not feeling overly impressed by this. The only shot where the sculpt kinda works for me is in the one below. And the black pattern is a major eyesore.

View attachment 650392

For me, these photos/angle that is closest (bottom photo especially), but I was really hoping for a home run with Kira. I’ll be getting her and hoping for the best, but this looks like an unfortunate ball drop by EXO.

If the uniform were perfect and the sculpt a little soft, or the other way around I’d be happier, but both seemingly looking sub-par at least from these photos is too bad.

Me feeling is that I'll be able to work with the sculpt, but I have no remedy for those sleeve patterns...

IMG_3591.jpeg
IMG_3592.jpeg

Last edited:
If nothing else it may be possible to paint over them with a burgundy color to tone them down.

I'll still order this because it's DS9, but this is one that will definitely require a bit of modding before I'm happy with it.

Kira and Odo seem to have switched places (seemed pretty clear from the Newsletter at the end of May that the constable was intended for July...unless he still goes up for preorder in the next 13 days), which tells me that Nanjin thought Odo was ready until complaints about the colors came rolling in and that he pulled Odo back to get improve the colors on his uniform. I had a feeling this happened (the man doth protest too much), and now I'm certain of it. I hope we'll be seeing Odo later this week with preorders in August. In the meantime, I've got $75 in Sideshow rewards expiring on the 31st, and I'm going to need to find something else to spend them on (Data, maybe?), because that Kira looks kind of bad.

If nothing else it may be possible to paint over them with a burgundy color to tone them down.

I'll still order this because it's DS9, but this is one that will definitely require a bit of modding before I'm happy with it.

If you come up with a technique for this that works, DJ, please share!

Back