Eternal - 1/6 Gentleman of Crime (Batman Returns Penguin)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hesitant to pull the trigger. As good as this looks, it seems a bit off to me to give him the top hat, overcoat and umbrella and then not complete the ensemble. Of course there's no guarantee that Mars Toys will do it either.
345621386_950631485978052_5696162541894475717_n-jpg.639061

View attachment 639061
Oh yeah, that's the definitive full look I'd want....šŸ§šŸ§šŸ§!

intro-1654620829.webp

its-important-to-root-for-offbeat-superhero-storylines-1654620829.webp

danny_devito_batman_exhibit.jpg

batmanreturns1992_007_-_embed_2017.jpg

7lehun.jpg

Also needs monocle and cigarette-holder.
If not, hopefully what Mars is going for?

Last edited:
Well they're two very distinct looks, with a different coat, tie, etc. Eternal probably went with this one because it didn't have quite as many layers to it and would be a bit easier to pull off.

View attachment 639073
OK, that is a different coat. I should have looked more closely. It's been quite a while since I've seen the movie and I was never enamored with his dirty onesie pajamas look, so I'm using that as my excuse for not noticing lol. The sculpt and accessories do look great on this so maybe I shouldn't overthink it. A bird in hand as they say...

Unproven.

I only know of one figure -- The Vulture aka Air-Predator -- a very ambitious figure that looked pretty good but the electronics mostly failed.

This is marked as ETX8... so somewhere there's another 6 figures unaccounted for.
I smell Molecule 8....

He's at his most grotesque in that onesie so I'm all for it!

Even if Mars weren't innitially intending on giving us the full, Mayoral outfit, they almost certainly will now purely to differentiate their version from ET and get us all to double dip; something I'm guaranteed to do regardless.

I was wondering if the 'X' in Eternal's codes was a connection to Xensation (i.e., Asmus), who made a Jim Carrey Riddler and Tommy Lee Jones Two-Face.

Still can't find a code prior to ET-X7 (Vulture).

I went through the thread for that one and found this snippet:

Maybe @Kit Chen knows who Eternal is?

They are someone I know but let's not disclose who they are.. Their quality is fine

I was wondering if the 'X' in Eternal's codes was a connection to Xensation (i.e., Asmus), who made a Jim Carrey Riddler and Tommy Lee Jones Two-Face.

Still can't find a code prior to ET-X7 (Vulture).

I went through the thread for that one and found this snippet:
Can always trust Kit with a bit of insider news. Glad he vouched for them and their quality on a previous release.

Very torn on this one.

Looks great but still prefer the Major outfit but no certainty either one will make it and if they do how much longer will it take to be released?

Then you have the question of Eternal and if they can deliver on this prototype?

Mars really look to trying to do alot at once so my gut feeling is their Penguin is at least a year away if not more?

What if WB shuts them all down before then??

Remind me again, is this uncertainty what makes this hobby fun?

Too many questions, too many questions, too many questions.

I just wish we knew Marsā€™ plans. Iā€™d theyā€™re just doing the mayor outfit, itā€™s a no brainer to order both. If theyā€™re also doing the sewer onesie, itā€™s probably best to wait and see. I just hope they donā€™t do anything stupid like including something vital in the version with the duck mobile or only offer him with the duck mobile. That just seems too large for most people to want. Heck, havenā€™t picked up any Batmobiles for that reason. Certainly not getting a duck mobile over the Batmobile.

I hadn't been very interested in the Burton Batman movies for a long time. They fell out of my favour when they were superseded by Nolan and the Gotham series. I've since lost much of my attachment to Nolanverse, but still retain it for Gotham.

New figures often make me revisit the source, and I found myself drawn into the Gothic/Art Deco styled world of Batman Returns again.

Penguin is still revolting, but his uniqueness, and lack of 1/6 representation until now, makes the Eternal and Mars offerings tempting.

After moving figures around yesterday I ended up with a shelf that contained only the Nicholson Joker, and I began to imagine him with Burton's Penguin and Catwoman. A dark reflection of the Batman '66 collection to come...

Eternal also goes by...

Mtoys and Topo.

It doesn't help me personally because I don't have anything that was released under any of the three brand names.
MToys has some decent to good figures though they havenā€™t released all the stuff theyā€™ve put up for PO. Iā€™ve had parts from their main costume Bane that were nice enough.

They have their own Museum 89 Joker that they havenā€™t released yet though, along with a Suicide Squad Joker and ThreeZero Negan KO that are still in PO limbo. But I think that they would for sure release this Penguin as I imagine this is gaining a lot of interest.

PO'd at OSK.

If Mars is just as good or better, will PO that as well.

Back