Eternal - 1/6 Gentleman of Crime (Batman Returns Penguin)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know the company Eternal Toys. But I know about her Vulture, who, with all due respect, really doesn't look good. But this penguin (Danny DeVito) is actually quite handsome, to be honest. If the clothes are actually conveyed as in the pictures and the head sculpture will look like this, I would be satisfied. The little penguins don't look bad, but I don't think they're that good either.

Attachments

• 447387-e5.jpg
    447387-e5.jpg
    803.3 KB · Views: 0
I've only been able to find one review of their Vulture figure, and from what I can see the quality of the outfit doesn't seem far off from the proto. And that was a much more complex design. I can't tell what the quality of the paint job was like, but I'm sure it's just the same downgrade we see with every other third party figure.

Eternal Toys is also known as Mtoys? Well, your Bane characters (Tom Hardy), especially the head sculpt, were great. However, the MT-MS024 Bane coat from Mtoys in the pictures had a dark coat of paint. The coat was not too light for any imitation leather. Otherwise not bad. If the penguin (Danny DeVito) head sculpt in the pics is as wide and possibly the same quality as Mtoy's Bane, that would be lovely. The material of his clothes should of course also be good and reasonably true to the film. Please like to see the pictures. The coat looks ok. Aside from the hat and the little penguins, I'm honestly happy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230514_132607_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20230514_132607_YouTube.jpg
    290.4 KB · Views: 0
I don't care about this version of Penguin enough to get two versions so I'll wait for Mars Toys. As I've said before I really only felt pity for the Penguin.

Catwoman on the other hand I'd buy multiple versions. Hopefully someone makes the true villain of the movie, Max Shreck.

I also read that Mars Toys wants to produce Penguin (Danny DeVito) and even Catwoman (Michelle Pfeiffer). What, with all due respect, gets me thinking – the many open releases from MarsToys. This is already known from Hot Toys and should therefore be treated with caution. Waiting 1 to even 3 years for a figure is unfortunately reality. Not that nice.

The penguins should have their straps/chestplates painted a silvery color, not brown. Also the rocket launcher mechanism could stand to be more detailed/accurate.

Very happy this is coming out, will definitely pre-order. I've got a custom DeVito Penguin, but he's on a fairly normal body, so he's too tall. I'd love to see pics of this guy next to a standard 1/6 Batman (I can see the silhouette diagram, indicating he's appropriately short, but an actual figure-to-figure shot would be magical!)

The penguins should have their straps/chestplates painted a silvery color, not brown. Also the rocket launcher mechanism could stand to be more detailed/accurate.

Very happy this is coming out, will definitely pre-order. I've got a custom DeVito Penguin, but he's on a fairly normal body, so he's too tall. I'd love to see pics of this guy next to a standard 1/6 Batman (I can see the silhouette diagram, indicating he's appropriately short, but an actual figure-to-figure shot would be magical!)

I don't like the two little penguins that much and will probably not add them to my display. The size of the penguin (Danny DeVito) of 24.2 cm is very well taken, I think. My Robin (Burt Ward) from Hot Toys for example is 28 cm tall so it might fit.

I've already got two 1/6 rocket penguins for my custom Returns Penguin, so I'm happy to add two more to help make an armory. I might even be willing to pay for a few extra, if any Freaks don't want theirs and would like to offload them. (My Bank Robber Joker has a crew of bank robbing clowns and my Neeson Ra's has a group of ninjas, so giving the Penguin a crew on my shelf will help him fit right in!)

. I'd love to see pics of this guy next to a standard 1/6 Batman (I can see the silhouette diagram, indicating he's appropriately short, but an actual figure-to-figure shot would be magical!)
You won’t see this next to a Batman figure until it’s released most likely given the unlicensed nature of this figure. So, just have to be confident in their silhouette diagram and hope for the best

I like the Penguins, they look pretty good to me. Better than HT's efforts for Ripley's cat or Doc's Einstein that is for sure 😀

If the size of 24.2 cm is correct, if the clothes are a bit dirty and tattered as shown in the pictures, I would be satisfied. I think the head sculpt is good for a third party and an unlicensed figure. What I don't like is, as already written, the penguins and probably also the hat. I don't expect Hot Toys quality to be honest. I would be happy to have a penguin (Danny DeVito) in my collection. Otherwise there is no such thing as a perfect collector's figure - it's a matter of opinion and taste.

As long as you can recognize the character and actor in the character and it doesn't look like a play character, you're fine. In addition, possibly enough accessories and a humane price.

Yeap. Although other figures with a listed cut-off date are still open to order such as Mars Riddler. So not sure how the cut-off really works.

Going to roll the dice and get this figure, waiting too long for any decent Returns villains to hold out for when Mars releases theirs

Yeap. Although other figures with a listed cut-off date are still open to order such as Mars Riddler. So not sure how the cut-off really works.

Going to roll the dice and get this figure, waiting too long for any decent Returns villains to hold out for when Mars releases theirs
The way that I understand how the cut-off works is that after the cut off date, OSK tallies his POs and then adds a few more on top of that for his total allotment. OR, his distributor tells him how many he can have to order and that number is his total allotment. So, lets say his total allotment for this figure was 100 units but there are only 80 ppl who have currently PO'd the figure. The product page will stay live until the remaining 20 units are ordered. After that, if you try to search for this, you'll get "product not found." So after the cut-off date, you're gambling how long the PO will stay live on his site to be able to get your order in.

Back