Eternal - 1/6 Gentleman of Crime (Batman Returns Penguin)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The wars have definitely begun! Crazy that we have been clamoring for a DeVito Penguin and a Pfeiffer Catwoman for ages and in the past couple of days we have had two Returns Penguin figures previewed/announced from two different companies and Mars Catwoman renders revealed. I found this interesting on the Onesixthkit order page of the Eternal version. I'm thinking Eternal (whoever they are) hoped to dampen Mars' flames a bit with their release. Now comes the decision, purchase both and hope for the best from both or wait for Mars' release?

Attachments

• Web capture_10-5-2023_114219_onesixthkit.com.jpeg
    Web capture_10-5-2023_114219_onesixthkit.com.jpeg
    324.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I found this interesting on the Onesixthkit order page of the Eternal version.

Well, Kit knows 70% of people will panic order, and then immediately email him to switch their order as soon as Mars offers theirs. He can't get stuck with a ton of Eternal Penguins.

I ordered I guess I will have some display options when the Mars version drops lol I did the same thing with Alfred same character different companies two different outfits. Why not at this stage lol.

People keep talking about how this will affect Mars' release, but the real question is:

How will Howard react?
Legit nothing. They have sat on the license for over 11 years and had done jack **** with it.

I bet $100 that they release a new teaser of Penguin/Catwoman "coming soon" to get people to not preorder Mars/Eternal version. Just like they did with Vulture when ToysEra/Eternal was showing their version off last year, only to never release their version. Such a lame and cowardly tactic. :lol

07cuKv0.png

Now says "product not found."

So this is a win all round, Mars would have sculpted hair. If they are doing that Mars could do " Sewer Mayor" have him in his mayors outfit.
I do quite like the mayor outfit, so it would be hard to pick a favorite between the two. Although I prefer sculpted hair, so the rooted approach from an unproven company gives me pause.

I wish this could happen with Star Wars. All of the glorious background aliens and minor characters that hot toys will never touch. That said, I’m in for this or the mars version. Looks great but wary of a new company.

Unproven.

I only know of one figure -- The Vulture aka Air-Predator -- a very ambitious figure that looked pretty good but the electronics mostly failed.

This is marked as ETX8... so somewhere there's another 6 figures unaccounted for.

Looks like Mars version is still in the very early stages, so the fact this one will be available at the end of the year makes it a whole lot harder to pass on.

Fortunately I don't have a huge preference as to which outfit he's wearing.

1683750539656.gif

Didn’t expect to see an 92 Penguin up for sale this soon after Mars just started getting the hype train rolling!

Now, as one of the two people on Earth who owns the Eternal Toys Vulture (and gave it quite a scathing review,) I can say that I’m expecting a mixed bag from then.
Vulture has a pretty decent outfit so I can’t fault their tailoring or material selection.
They did, however, miss some key details/parts and made questionable functional choices regarding the wings. They were cheaply made and crudely designed and I imagine too much of the budget went into trying to make the rotors spin (which mine did not anyway) instead of engineering a means to actually make use of the articulation they built into the frame (completely loose, zero friction joints) and securely attaching the wing rig to Vulture’s back so he doesn’t just swing away from the wings the second they tilt forwards.
They were definitely overly ambitious.
The body choice was also bottom of the barrel and the (very few) hands sucked.
Their Keaton sculpt is also quite poor but not horribly painted so there’s hope here. They did pretty good with the light features and used magnets for the back panel so I’d say they have good intentions and just overestimated themselves for their first figure. Their use of fur was also better than Toys Era so hopefully that’s a transferable skill as well.

Luckily, Penguin requires no complex engineering or intelligent design features. The sculpt already looks quality so they just have to nail the tailoring.

Sadly, it looks like that epic rock base isn’t part of the package- just a crappy oval stand. Boo! That first picture with him and the penguins on the rocks made for such an epic display, it sold me instantly! Now I’ll have to make one myself, dammit!

I just have to get this and Mars’ - and then hope HT 2.0s a Returns Batman.

Last edited:
The only thing that worries me is the "all new body". I hope its not loose as a goose and can't hold up his own weight.

I have to decide if the hypno-umbrella, penguins, and having an extra head and hands and half-eaten fish is worth $183 in case the figure itself sucks and its only good for parts.

I do really like that umbrella...

I'll have to make Fred's hand.

Back