Elder Predator 2 did I get a good price?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MIB at that price is probably something I would have paid if the timing was right for me. But now would not have been a good time as I already owe a small fortune with stuff I'm buying this year. But $500? Soon enough all Hot Toys figures will cost that at first retail!

Lostie and Guardian are great figures in their own right but predictably they do make me miss the Elder more than before when I just had the P2 city hunter.

That's about the going rate, but at that price I'd by a couple of PF's or a maquette from SS instead. There's no way I would fork out that much dough for a 1/6 figure. Even if I have the cheddar I tend to cap out at $250 for HT figures At $550 I'm never owning the P2 Elder Predator. :monkey2 Congrats dude.

I thought I was nuts for paying $325 for him MIB a few years ago!

I know what you mean man. When I first joined here I got a Pred 1 for 290. Now the cheapest I see him is about 350-500. It really is amazing how these preds jump in price so fast.

Thanks for the tip rain. Is that also how you fix the dreads? I've noticed that my lost and guardian have a massive poofy hair issue :slap

Elder Predator 2 is one of the few preds...wait...it is actually the ONLY Hot Toys Predator whose hair does NOT need to be messed with. It comes perfectly right out the box and hangs very naturally.

I know what you mean man. When I first joined here I got a Pred 1 for 290. Now the cheapest I see him is about 350-500. It really is amazing how these preds jump in price so fast.

Well you gotta think about the Pred crazy created by the film also. Hot Toys T-800 Endoskeletons were littered on ebay for years at retail value. Then when Salvation came out, the Endos because scarce and high prices within a month's time. All about supply and demand caused by hype dude.

So you put a rubber band around the dreads to keep them down, and heat up the dreads with a blow dryer?

I've tried 3 times to use the heat method on P1's dreads and each time they've gone back to how they were. I think I need to try the " pulling them out then re sticking method ".

I actually like the P2 dreads the most. They're thick and long, and hang nicely. Always went for that stuff...

*ducks replies to this comment*

hmph this sucks

Want to start my search for an elder but I go to tunisia in 2 weeks lol

Good job it's all inc so I can keep most of my cheddar for him just don't want to buy one now then go away and get caught short

No I mean for Lost and Guardian.

Ooooh. Yea well I wouldn't use a rubber band because it leaves marks in your dreads. Use a piece of cloth instead. And dip it in hot water that's at boiling temperature. But make sure you don't leave it in there for too long. Maybe 20-30 seconds at the most. Don't wanna damage the dreads. I damaged my Guardian dreads a little but it was an easy fix with glue.:slap

Boiling water? No wonder I haven't tried fixing them.:panic: I heard someone used a hair dryer would that work?

Boiling water? No wonder I haven't tried fixing them.:panic: I heard someone used a hair dryer would that work?

Yea hairdryers works also. But a lot of people have reported that it would start going back up. So far all my Preds had the hot water mod done to their hair they all stayed down. Just turn the fire off when you dunk the head in and hold it afloat to make sure it's not touching any parts of the pot with some utensils. I used wooden chopsticks.

I'll get my P1 soon as well, still thinking about the
hot water mod.... saw a guy did it on youtube ...it
looks risky.

550 for a elder ..... i think that's 50$ expensive
(compare to the Price selling in Thailand)

Back