Elder Predator 2 did I get a good price?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll get my P1 soon as well, still thinking about the
hot water mod.... saw a guy did it on youtube ...it
looks risky.

550 for a elder ..... i think that's 50$ expensive
(compare to the Price selling in Thailand)

But if he paid $500 plus shipping from Thailand it would be about the same. :D

I've tried 3 times to use the heat method on P1's dreads and each time they've gone back to how they were. I think I need to try the " pulling them out then re sticking method ".
Pulling them out and repositioning them is a great solution. Be prepared for a long process, however. The dreads don't go back into the slots as easily as they came out. Use a very good adhesive.

I'm sure this guy is fine becuase he has only positive feedback but seriously. You charge that B.S. amount for shipping and then he hasn't even shipped it yet?

Sorry I'm just anticipating this guy more than any other pred I've gotten other than the original P1 that is.

I assume you will post when you get him. I would like to know how well it went.
I saw this bid and wanted to but just didnt know.
Kinda sucks that this is the average price now but I guess.

Well I got him. The ____in lower mandibles were broken off the head!!!! Just my damn luck. Guess i'll have to glue them back on. Pisses me off though.

Well I got him. The ____in lower mandibles were broken off the head!!!! Just my damn luck. Guess i'll have to glue them back on. Pisses me off though.

I'm sure it's an easy fix but to pay for that much money you'd expect a perfect figure. Was it not well packaged or did it look like it was broken to begin with? Ask for a partial refund dude.

no it was packed well enouh. the head wasnt in very secure. im thinking it was like that. and then to make matter worse. im putting him together and the damn gun breaks!!!! AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! lol

Well here he is with the rest of his buddies. My "old pred" collection is almost complete with a Celtic coming in a couple weeks.

dscf0069b.jpg

L-R: Predator 2, Wolf Cleaner Kit, Guardian, Lost, Predator 1, Dutch, Elder Pred 2

Hey guys,

NO THIS ISN'T A COMPLAINT THREAD. :panic: Now that thats out of the way I'm just wondering if you guys think 550 for a MIB Elder P2 is a good buy? I've been looking to get him for a long time and I know he can get VERY pricey. Since I'm kinda new to this hobby of Hot Toys and whats good and what isn't so I'm curious if I got a deal or if I got rooked?

Thanks,

Mike

I think that last auction posted has answered your question :lol

I think that last auction posted has answered your question :lol

think his turn up broken.

last ones I seen on ebay where $800 MISB Went unsold
$550 misb the guy who started this thread
one in the uk went for£350 last week
then that last one went for $754 which was way over for a used figure

Well here he is with the rest of his buddies. My "old pred" collection is almost complete with a Celtic coming in a couple weeks.

dscf0069b.jpg

L-R: Predator 2, Wolf Cleaner Kit, Guardian, Lost, Predator 1, Dutch, Elder Pred 2

Nice. Were you able to fix the mandible? How about a close up of the face? Sorry to hear about the gun. but I'm sure it's an easy fix. Was it?

That's why I've now accepted it as fact that I'll never be able to get any of the Preds before the Cleaner Kit (and the insanely-priced Guardian Pred) :( And I have no high hopes of these being reissued :(

You got the P1? If so then that alone matters a lot.

Nice. Were you able to fix the mandible? How about a close up of the face? Sorry to hear about the gun. but I'm sure it's an easy fix. Was it?

Yea the mandibles luckily were an easy fix because the way the broke they kinda had a groove to place them in so they fit right. The gun I was able to fix by gluing it then wrapping it in black tape. It kinda fits the whole weathered battle damaged motif, but im still annoyed. Honestly the way they made that cannon so high and flimsy is a design flaw since alot of people I know who have him, have had the same issue. Best part is the seller hasn't responded to any email I've sent. That inspires confidence. I'm glad I finally have one of the main preds I've wanted from day one, but all of these B.S. issues I've had did take the fun out of it. :( I'll post a close up of the face later if you'd like.

Back