Elder Predator 2 did I get a good price?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And have you seen how many WTB threads have been created lately? I'm glad I kept one for myself.

Nope, but I'd like to think I know my fellow freaks. :1-1:
I'm glad you kept one too. HT are getting as costly as adopting a child. :lol

And have you seen how many WTB threads have been created lately? I'm glad I kept one for myself.

Thats part of the reason I went for this one too. There are about 3 or 4 threads on the first page asking for one. This thread wasn't made out of buyers remorse, I was just curious if you veterans thought it was a decent price and overall it appears it was. The best deal I've gotten so far I guess is the guardian since I got him from sideshow and not for 400+ on ebay. Thanks for all the responses guys. Hey Endlessrain good to hear from you again!

BTW I've heard he can be tricky to put together. Any tips to avoid breaking stuff?

P.S. Scarbrs I don't have a Viper yet, but it is my dream car and I have been putting money aside for an RT/10 or GTS since I was in like 6th grade. Currently have an 05 Mustang. The Ram SRT-10s are really nice. If I was a truck guy that would be my #1!

Ive seen these things go for $600-$1000. So I guess its not that bad of a price afterall.
You have to consider the fact that this figure was released a while back and is kinda rare to find for sale nowadays.

Thats part of the reason I went for this one too. There are about 3 or 4 threads on the first page asking for one. This thread wasn't made out of buyers remorse, I was just curious if you veterans thought it was a decent price and overall it appears it was. The best deal I've gotten so far I guess is the guardian since I got him from sideshow and not for 400+ on ebay. Thanks for all the responses guys. Hey Endlessrain good to hear from you again!

BTW I've heard he can be tricky to put together. Any tips to avoid breaking stuff?

P.S. Scarbrs I don't have a Viper yet, but it is my dream car and I have been putting money aside for an RT/10 or GTS since I was in like 6th grade. Currently have an 05 Mustang. The Ram SRT-10s are really nice. If I was a truck guy that would be my #1!

Always a pleasure to hear from you too Jersey boy. But yea I honestly think that you got a good deal. I know a lot of guys on here would rather just pass than to pay that kind of money but to each their own. Like I said earlier, this is a very very sought after piece. Now that the Guardian is out (which lead to a slight increase in the value of Lost also) I can see the Elder becoming harder and harder to obtain.

As for tips in assembly, just have a blowdryer handy. It's really helps a lot with any assembly of a HT Predator. Enjoy the best 2 hours of the day you're gonna assemble him with. :D

I have NEVER seen a P2 Elder on Ebay for less than 800$. Then i saw the one you got..planned to get it.. and apparently i had the wrong time in my head.. :gah:

Thanks for the tip rain. Is that also how you fix the dreads? I've noticed that my lost and guardian have a massive poofy hair issue :slap

I think you did good.

It's right around the going rate, he's your favorite and you NEEDED him for the collection. It's a one-time purchase you will never make again. GOOD WORK Viper, cross him off the list :)

I would say congrats ViperSRT. As bezzerkerr said he is your favorite so its money well spent and you can now cross him of the list and expand your collection. Id say at the rate the prices are inflating its better purchased now at that price than next year or the year after he will be still sort after and you will need to sell your car to get one!

This point in time i couldnt see myself forkin out 500 notes for a 1/6,,but then again if its somthing i really wanted,,maybe i could.

Well I paid $150. for mine not long after it was release, so it's not a good deal by that standard.

But if it's something you really want then the price shouldn't really bother you.

Meh, it eventually comes down to how bad you want it. Can't really set a price point for that except for yourself.

I personally wouldn't pay more than $200 even though it's one of the best looking preds out there.

if I had the funds for it, I would've got it. Like many others have mentioned, it's what you wanted, and you paid a price that you're wiling to pay so it is a good deal for you.

Yea its the Best Pred out there SO FAR.
I got mine from 2 fellow freaks. One was parting out his broken one.
I bought all the parts but the head which was bought by a freak.
I bugged said freak till he sold it to me only after he got a full one.
I had to make a new leg and Shin armor and he is missing one of his necklaces but i got one. I total i would say i have 100 into him plus time making parts.

Eric

PS vipersrt .Yea its good to have goals Hope you get your Viper someday. Prices are good right now.

Yea its the Best Pred out there SO FAR.
I got mine from 2 fellow freaks. One was parting out his broken one.
I bought all the parts but the head which was bought by a freak.
I bugged said freak till he sold it to me only after he got a full one.
I had to make a new leg and Shin armor and he is missing one of his necklaces but i got one. I total i would say i have 100 into him plus time making parts.

Eric

PS vipersrt .Yea its good to have goals Hope you get your Viper someday. Prices are good right now.

thanks man. Yea I know. You could get a Gen 1 for like 25 Gs now. I'm excited to get him. although the guy hasn't shipped it yet. Its says he ships airmail. For that price the freakin thing better show up in like a day! :impatient:

Back