Death Note Netflix Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Based Eggman! Although I think that was debunked. The Oregon shooter wasn't 4chan's TripCode-Using Eggman.

/x/ had a thread about Daisy's Destruction a few days back, but it was taken down. The gist of it is that DD is one of those "muh Dark Web" vids that people go nuts about. Not of the time they're fake, and they're not from the "Dark Web". Anyway, DD was supposed to be a guy masturbating, then ****ing a cat and then cutting it open slowly. At least that was the latest version. Anyway, in that thread, a guy claimed that he had seen it, and that it was actually CP (woman and toddler). It was probably ********, but I checked back about an hour later and it was gone, so it must've been something for it to get taken down. Or some ******* just decided to drop CP stuff and the mods deleted it.

Like I said, 4chan can be screwed up, but it's useful for certain stuff (/sci/ is surprisingly good, and /adv/has some great threads). You just have to stay away from the weird boards. Gore is dumped pretty much everywhere though. /tv/ had a webm of prisoners that had killed a guy, opened his skull, and were picking out his brain, eyes and whatnot. It was low quality, so you couldn't really see anything graphic. 'Twas taken down an hour later.

Wow that's absolutely crazy. Lol holy ****

What I can't stand about those YouTube creepy story/deep web story videos are usually:

A) The narrator's voice

and

B) The background music

Combine those two things and there's no point in listening.

If I want creepy stories then I'll just watch political news. :lol

Normally I don't agree with much of what they say but this is spot on.

I never saw the anime, but I would agree with that video. If the movie was more like he said, it would've been much better. I hated the high school romance drama bs in this film. I like Dafoe's voice, and the CGI of the Death God, but the story in this film just wasn't very good or compelling.

I just read the Manga again to get the bad taste out of my brain cells.

ps: if you’ve never experienced reading manga on a 12” iPad Pro, you should at least once. It’s intense. Sort of hard to go back to an actual tiny book.

I just read the Manga again to get the bad taste out of my brain cells.

ps: if you’ve never experienced reading manga on a 12” iPad Pro, you should at least once. It’s intense. Sort of hard to go back to an actual tiny book.

What about hentai? Whats it like

Dicks out for Ryuk.

1E53IRk.gif

Well I finally saw this POS that Snikt has been spreading lard on his ass for any chance he gets.

Where to begin... like, was this supposed to be a comedy with the incredibly odd music choices and the slapstick over the top gore? :lol

While the first quarter of it I thought was meh, but I didn't outright hate it and even thought people that weren't familiar with the source material I would understand why they didn't mind it... it exponentially got worse the longer it went on. Why **** with the lore of the Death Note... at all? Why have the rules already outlined along with the burning page ****. The dynamic of Light finding out hidden uses for the book and the fact there's no do overs with it is why the source material is better than this drippy ****. "Light" is so far removed from what made him an interesting character that it makes me wonder if any of these "writers" were even given a drop of any information from Ohba's writing. He's a buffoon. Light is a megalomaniac that you come to kinda hate as the story goes on but you still root for him. This fedora wearing dweeb has no qualities about him that even make him remotely interesting. He wanted to get laid, so he's dumbed down to be as incredibly generic as humanly possible which is the furthest this thing was from Death Note.

I didn't mind L, until he completely mutated from being anything that even resembled L. Throwing tantrums... and then they gotta give the Black guy a gun and stealing a car? :lol

Mia Misa twat what's her name was actually more like Light than Light :rotfl Again, it goes back to my point about "Light" not being anything he's supposed to be. Love? He only loved his family and he would of killed Misa without a moments hesitation if she was no longer useful.

Ryuk was completely wasted in this and just looked silly. I know it's a guy in a suit... but how about trying to hide that? :lol and why the **** did he have Force powers?

Honestly, there was way too many moments during this where I'm laughing at the gore and the weird inappropriate music choices over "dramatic" scenes to take it seriously. There's some awful American versions of Eastern material out there, but this is right up there with the Oldboy remake as being the biggest offenders. These characters just don't work when they're not Japanese, but I would even give that a pass if these characters were even remotely similar to the Manga/Anime counterparts.

I know adaptions aren't supposed to be the same and they're done out of the popularity of the original... but what's the goal of completely de-balling everything that was good about it? :lol

Last edited:
The only movie reviewer I'm subscribed to.
He's only doin' paper-to-screen adaptations, mostly books.

Probably writing everyones name in a Death Note replica he bought at Hot Topic :lol

I've been watching a lot of clips of the Anime again recently after not for many years now... it's even more blatantly apparent how God awful this attempt was. You want to flip races around, fine, whatever.

But to completely change the cemented in personalities and quirks of characters that MADE them what they are by incredibly dumbing them down completely nullifies what even made them interesting characters in the first place.

Death Note at it's core, is a battle of intellectuals and their individual concepts of morality and justice. This was two twenty something dweebs with zero sophistication to either of them.

I've been watching a lot of clips of the Anime again recently after not for many years now... it's even more blatantly apparent how God awful this attempt was. You want to flip races around, fine, whatever.

But to completely change the cemented in personalities and quirks of characters that MADE them what they are by incredibly dumbing them down completely nullifies what even made them interesting characters in the first place.

Death Note at it's core, is a battle of intellectuals and their individual concepts of morality and justice. This was two twenty something dweebs with zero sophistication to either of them.

I've yet to watch it yet, but a buddy of mine mentioned that one of the bigger fundamental changes was the adherence to a love story structure.

Is this true? That's disappointing...if not expected.

Back