DAMTOYS-The Godfather 1972 - 1/6th (Vito Corleone Formal Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
003C39DA-C4C2-4ACA-B0E0-C8A2A48A8CD1.jpeg

I'm leaning more towards the Golden Year's. I’m a one per character kind of guy and I don’t want my figures competing against each other! Also would love to use the $300 for an entire new character! I still have not officially decided but its kind of how I feel right now!
I just opened up my formal version. I seen the Golden years version before this one & it was a must buy but after having it and seeing how good it was I had to get the formal version too.
Just opened it up, it’s not as impressive as the golden years version, suit looks great-could of done with being closer fitting but that’s just nitpicking. It’s great & they look amazing together! If your in between about getting both of them don’t be! Golden years is amazing/lots of accessories & display options-formal version is just an epic recreation of an iconic scene. You won’t be disappointed!

Last edited:
Pics

Attachments

• DF4DA156-8238-4FDE-9F92-02F6AC022702.jpeg
    DF4DA156-8238-4FDE-9F92-02F6AC022702.jpeg
    133.5 KB · Views: 129
  • 56C4F634-28BE-428C-87ED-D790F9815BFC.jpeg
    56C4F634-28BE-428C-87ED-D790F9815BFC.jpeg
    137 KB · Views: 120
  • 7D1DC14F-DBD2-4D12-8711-61C71A821790.jpeg
    7D1DC14F-DBD2-4D12-8711-61C71A821790.jpeg
    124 KB · Views: 125
  • 7E650B09-0D6F-46B3-B224-D2EF58CC97B3.jpeg
    7E650B09-0D6F-46B3-B224-D2EF58CC97B3.jpeg
    153.9 KB · Views: 118
Fantastic images!! Based on the two together, Golden version really stands out. I have so many black figures (Vader, Emperor, Returns Batman, T-800’s etc.) that I really want a figure that “pops”. How do you feel about no crotch stand? I went ahead and ordered a Formal Version stand of eBay just in case.

Fantastic images!! Based on the two together, Golden version really stands out. I have so many black figures (Vader, Emperor, Returns Batman, T-800’s etc.) that I really want a figure that “pops”. How do you feel about no crotch stand? I went ahead and ordered a Formal Version stand of eBay just in case.
Thanks thats pretty much straight out the box with no futzing. It’s a great looking figure!
Honestly I don’t use stands on any of my figures on my detolf. Iv had the golden years version since January & it’s solid. Il be removing the stand from the tux version tomorrow, I was just using it to see what kind of poses I could get. Honestly tho if your on the fence-my photos don’t do either justice

I’m looking for another pair of the formal versions shoes & ankle connectors or something similar. Anyone seen any on eBay or the like, I’m coming up with nothing

Got both mine today, and just unboxed the Formal version. Much to my surprise, I'm rather disappointed. The paint on the heads seems rather simplistic. For example, the eyes appear to all be the same color, no real attempt to differentiate the iris and the pupil. I can see they are two different colors, but they just don't exhibit a sense of realism. I think maybe they could used more gloss.

The tailoring is all over the place. The fat suit is really problematic. It's way too big, Vito wasn't that fat. It restricts the legs from folding to get into a good sitting pose, it makes the pants sit very low on his hips, which again makes it hard to bring his legs up to get into a sitting pose. The collar tips on his shirt are folded unevenly so one side sticks up higher than the other, and sort of falls in front of the bow tie, instead of behind.

I can see the differences in the two headsculpts. The original has the attitude, but it is more of a caricature. The 'bonus' sculpt is closer to the likeness but has no personality. So, they're both kind of a wash. The bonus sculpt looked good in the original pictures because they filtered the photo to match the look of the film, but real life doesn't work that way.

And my final nit, the numbers on the rotary phone aren't aligned properly, I thought maybe I could open up the phone through the bottom panel, and realign the numbers but I can't get it open.

I feel like I'm just losing patience with 1/6 scale stuff. I expect it to be perfect right out of the box, and I just can't be arsed to try and futz with stuff anymore. It really killed my enthusiasm to even open the Golden Years version. I went all in, and got burned big time. :(

The sculpt always reminds me of this scene, sweedish I hear you on some aspects. The sculpt for me is good enough but lacks that wow factor.

The outfit is good just needs a bit of tlc strip it and cut the foam around legs you'll be able to get the sitting position as the fat suit hinders the legs.....the most annoying thing for me is the velcro!

main-qimg-baead41e9b07912b00d3143c97ac392d-lq.jpeg

Last edited:
I always find suits to be the most difficult of all 1/6 outfits to replicate. This will need some futzing for sure.

My only other gripe is the head sits way to low, going to need to figure out a mod to raise the neck and head a bit.

So the Golden Years is a disappointment too? That’s the version I want
Got both mine today, and just unboxed the Formal version. Much to my surprise, I'm rather disappointed. The paint on the heads seems rather simplistic. For example, the eyes appear to all be the same color, no real attempt to differentiate the iris and the pupil. I can see they are two different colors, but they just don't exhibit a sense of realism. I think maybe they could used more gloss.

The tailoring is all over the place. The fat suit is really problematic. It's way too big, Vito wasn't that fat. It restricts the legs from folding to get into a good sitting pose, it makes the pants sit very low on his hips, which again makes it hard to bring his legs up to get into a sitting pose. The collar tips on his shirt are folded unevenly so one side sticks up higher than the other, and sort of falls in front of the bow tie, instead of behind.

I can see the differences in the two headsculpts. The original has the attitude, but it is more of a caricature. The 'bonus' sculpt is closer to the likeness but has no personality. So, they're both kind of a wash. The bonus sculpt looked good in the original pictures because they filtered the photo to match the look of the film, but real life doesn't work that way.

And my final nit, the numbers on the rotary phone aren't aligned properly, I thought maybe I could open up the phone through the bottom panel, and realign the numbers but I can't get it open.

I feel like I'm just losing patience with 1/6 scale stuff. I expect it to be perfect right out of the box, and I just can't be arsed to try and futz with stuff anymore. It really killed my enthusiasm to even open the Golden Years version. I went all in, and got burned big time. :(
ver

Back