DAMTOYS-The Godfather 1972 - 1/6th (Vito Corleone Formal Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can never understand why people want to make Vito fat. He was not fat in that film. He had a belly, but he was far from stout. His face was actually pretty lean, and his shoulders were certainly not linebacker thick.

Most importantly , he had a NECK. He was never bull necked.
EE9820F7-8208-4C01-9642-DCF6454DA732.jpeg
9C858525-DE90-4F5C-8763-545BB0E7160B.jpeg
53863CDD-EF63-4714-A0DE-C351A8EB329A.jpeg
CF525F2F-C220-4C1B-9588-FE55834FE58C.jpeg

Think this is one of the best likenesses of Vito in 1:6, pretty sure it's present toys sculpt repainted.

Agree about the neck and line backer look, seems the fatness is difficult to get on point.

Screenshot_20220503-161920_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20220503-163031_Instagram.jpg

Not Hot Toys but quite a few years ago Enterbay and Blitzway made Scarface figures. I don't think there has ever been a licensed Michael Corleone figure or statue. Seems to me it would have happened by now if it wasn't difficult or impossible.
Alright. So it seems there is a licensing issue with his likeness for these films, not with Pacino himself then?

I would prefer a Sonny over a Michael all day long!
One of my most wanted, dream, 1/6 scale figures!
Dam could do the same as with the Don. One Formal version and one Casual version with the grey waistcoat, light blue/striped shirt, loose tie and black/white shoes for one look and grey double breasted suit, light blue/striped shirt, navy suspenders and same black shoes from Formal attire (like with Vito). It's the same suit (plaid pattern) just replace vest with jacket and shoes. It would work even better than with the Golden Years figure that wasn't even the same pants.

Debating kit bashing a sonny with Josh Roop awesome sculpt. Any suggestions on suits?

View attachment 574430
The grey suit/waistcoat he wore is something that would be extremely difficult to find since the coat was double breasted, has a plaid pattern and silver lining. But he also wore a single breasted dark blue suit earlier in the movie, that might be an interesting look also.

Last edited:
Alright. So it seems there is a licensing issue with his likeness for these films, not with Pacino himself then?
I know with video games, Scarface had some exclusive deal for his likeness. Not sure if that expends to other medias but it seems to affect The Godfather based on the lack of merchandise. Was it Lolita’s Way that Blitzway did a few years in addition to Scarface? So it’s not entirely exclusive to just Scarface.

I know with video games, Scarface had some exclusive deal for his likeness. Not sure if that expends to other medias but it seems to affect The Godfather based on the lack of merchandise. Was it Lolita’s Way that Blitzway did a few years in addition to Scarface? So it’s not entirely exclusive to just Scarface.

That would be Carlito's Way ... Lolita's Way is something entirely different.

I just stumble upon this on YouTube.

Someone made a diorama of the Godfather office. Wow

Anyway, I wanted to search for a suitable picture to print out as a background for my detolf diorama. Having troubles finding a nice one. Any suggestions?

Amazing diorama. Thanks for sharing.

Anyone know the story behind the 2 head sculpts? I see people referring to them as old and older but that can't be it. Did they throw in this "bonus" sculpt technically as a revision because the original wasn't hitting the mark enough?

I used to know things like this. I'm pretty behind on the 1/6 news nowadays LOL

Anyone know the story behind the 2 head sculpts? I see people referring to them as old and older but that can't be it. Did they throw in this "bonus" sculpt technically as a revision because the original wasn't hitting the mark enough?

Pretty much. About a week or so after the initial reveal, they showed off the second headsculpt, and called it a bonus.

Hey Mike, you’re alive!

This is $175 at Sideshow. Kind of tempting but adding in shipping and tax it makes the deal less enticing. Still not bad (works out to like $216 for me).

This is $175 at Sideshow. Kind of tempting but adding in shipping and tax it makes the deal less enticing. Still not bad (works out to like $216 for me).
It’s a steal at that price imo. I already have the formal and golden years. I just bought another formal as a spare.

Sucks seeing them keep a stranglehold on Hot Toys products, but blowing out DAM's stuff at bargain basement stuff. They had their RE Leon on sale earlier as well.

I guess that's the game you play. I bought both of the DAM figures at retail price, but then I picked up the SSC Gambit when it was 25% off.

Sucks seeing them keep a stranglehold on Hot Toys products, but blowing out DAM's stuff at bargain basement stuff. They had their RE Leon on sale earlier as well.

I guess that's the game you play. I bought both of the DAM figures at retail price, but then I picked up the SSC Gambit when it was 25% off.
When was the Leon on sale? I must have missed it and that’s one I’d really like to grab at some point if I could get it discounted.

Back