DAMTOYS-The Godfather 1972 - 1/6th (Vito Corleone Formal Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like it better than my HT but I can see how someone might prefer the HT still.

The overall suit is sharper, but I hate the velcro crap especially on the vest. And there are certain inaccuracies like no stripe on the pants and the buttons are just plain black; HT got the buttons and stripe more accurate.

Getting him to sit definitely takes a bit of finessing, this is the best I could get it without feeling like I'll break something.

20220424_091025.jpg

I like it better than my HT but I can see how someone might prefer the HT still.

The overall suit is sharper, but I hate the velcro crap especially on the vest. And there are certain inaccuracies like no stripe on the pants and the buttons are just plain black; HT got the buttons and stripe more accurate.

Getting him to sit definitely takes a bit of finessing, this is the best I could get it without feeling like I'll break something.
I've just put a lot of my figs on display again after being boxed for a couple of years. Snapped the Don's knee off trying to sit him in his chair. First time I'd tried a sitting pose, I'd always had him standing next to the chair with one hand on the chair's backrest and the other holding a scotch.

So the Golden Years is a disappointment too? That’s the version I want

ver
I have both versions and think they are both great! However, i am waiting to hear back on the shirt for my “formal” version. It has a thick piece of material in the neck lining that shows upward through the collar and affects the way the collar fits... However, Golden Years is an awesome figure!!

I wonder if Damtoys has any plans to make Michael? I'm guessing there must be an issue with Pacino as there have been multiple collectibles of Brando recently.

I keep hearing people speculating about issues with making Michael Corleone. Didn't both HT and EB make figures of him from the Scarface movie?

I'm seriously praying these are not the last 1/6 Godfather figures Damtoys puts out. It would be very disappointing if there will not be any other characters.
I wonder if Damtoys has any plans to make Michael? I'm guessing there must be an issue with Pacino as there have been multiple collectibles of Brando recently.

I keep hearing people speculating about issues with making Michael Corleone. Didn't both HT and EB make figures of him from the Scarface movie?

I'm seriously praying these are not the last 1/6 Godfather figures Damtoys puts out. It would be very disappointing if there will not be any other characters.

Not Hot Toys but quite a few years ago Enterbay and Blitzway made Scarface figures. I don't think there has ever been a licensed Michael Corleone figure or statue. Seems to me it would have happened by now if it wasn't difficult or impossible.

i think the head needs to be raised a bit , but with thr peg and ball design, it seems almost impossible.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get the head to sit higher?

all the shots of Brando in the suit , his neck is showing way more than mine.

So I'm about to order this from SS. I'm astonished with how amazing it came out. My one question is does anyone know of a desk that would work for this? I thought about just constructing my own, but I figured I'd check if anyone else has found something that works

Iv got a whole formal body , complete suit & shoes spare if anyones interested. If you have either the formal or golden years version you could make a second figure

So started to Mod the body. Hes way to fat, and the fat suit is screweing up the way the tux fits.
I cut away the padding on the legs, removed some of the fat padding as its in layers, the. cut away the shoulders to get the shoulders looking more lean.
I also did a water treatment on the shirt, as it was wrinkled horribly.

34457770-ACE1-4CC3-89A1-32C0639857E2.jpeg

61DE9BA7-A7FC-4B59-83F2-2FE92BB3E6A0.jpeg

8F7E4AFE-ED82-4CC4-BC80-5CFDBAC2BE25.jpeg

C2DDC5E0-C83C-4386-A88E-DF183D5FD67E.jpeg

He looks like he's sitting better. Were you able to pose the body better after removing the fat suit from around the legs?
yup, although in both cases, the jacket and the pants, they are too short.

The shirt and jacket are less puffed out to me now that the upper shoulders were cut away.

More importantly, he has a neck again. the shoulder on the fat suit-hid his neck, which is always visible in the actual film,

Not sure but that looks way to skinny for Vito, it's tough to get the sizing right. Trying to find a solid painter who could do this sculpt justice.

Recently bought a loose vest to replace mine as velcro has become an issue. however it doesn't fit. How does that work ? 😂

20220501_142600.jpg
20220501_142603.jpg
20220501_142547.jpg
20220501_142557.jpg

Back