1/6 SooSooToys - SST053 - High Priest of Pop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SOOSOO will be doing another version of Prince in the coming months. Prince seems to have been very well received. Hoping they might revisit Bowie even a labyrinth Bowie or Ziggy would be cool.

That's good news, the Prince is one of their better sculpts.

In addition to variants of previously release figures, I hope they explore other musicians too.

The sax included with the Bowie figure is so delicate - mine arrived shattered in pieces.

That's good news, the Prince is one of their better sculpts.

In addition to variants of previously release figures, I hope they explore other musicians too.

The sax included with the Bowie figure is so delicate - mine arrived shattered in pieces.
I am hoping for an accessories set with additional head sculpts, with some more interesting expressions.

They will be doing more music figures with Win I believe. They've definitely expressed more Prince and will also be delving into more icons.

I hear you on that that was a common issue, I did mention to Win about packaging in the past so I hope they will fix this, need to also add plastic on the hands.

That's coming also but not from Soosoo or Win I can't say more than that.
Rick James GIF

I’ve always liked his black outfit from the lake scene in Purple Rain.

The main purple outfit from the movie is iconic as well, I think most people would want.

SOOSOO will be doing another version of Prince in the coming months. Prince seems to have been very well received. Hoping they might revisit Bowie even a labyrinth Bowie or Ziggy would be cool.
Very cool. My guess is it will be the Superbowl look since that's pretty iconic and was an amazing performance. Batman/Batdance with three portraits (Prince/half&half/full Joker) could also be a maybe assuming they aren't worried about any copyright violations. That said, I'd personally like either "When Doves Cry," "Sign O' the Times" or "Glam Slam." I was actually thinking of picking up another figure and commissioning a repaint, rehair and outfit at some point, but now I'll wait it out. I still haven't opened this up to compare to my expensive custom from a few years back. I was also in on a motorcycle group commission that ended up going bust.
Prince is one of those musicians that could merit multiple figures, if folks are buying. Agree with the suggestion of David Bowie. Other legendary musicians on my list include The Beatles (60s, 70s, Sgt. Pepper), Elvis (50s, 60s, 70s) and Kiss (Destroyer, Love Gun) While Kiss should ideally have rooted hair, I still have the old RAH Gene and Paul figures with sculpted hair that aren't bad.

Attachments

• Prince_WDC_Sign-O_GlamSlam_small.png
    Prince_WDC_Sign-O_GlamSlam_small.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Super-happy with this Prince. My biggest disappointment is there should’ve been extra portraits; the one included is so neutral and he was so expressive.

Def want a Super Bowl of this caliber, but would buy any well-done looks from late 70’s through mid-90s too. Raspberry Beret is a great idea, but give me a controversy too!

The Bowie sculpt was trash & didn’t seem to sell; a shame because a well-done 70’s or Let’s Dance Bowie would be much more preferable than 90s era. I hope they revisit.

Would be very happy to have Pete & Ace figures to compliment my long-lonely medicom Gene & Paul. Would hope they’d try to match style, then move on to other costumes.

Speaking of incomplete bands, how about finishing off the Misfits?

I finally got a chance to sit down and finish lighting the stage. Here’s what it looks like underneath:

IMG_1681.jpeg

Very amateur wiring job but it works. Everything is held in place with Scotch mounting putty. I will eventually glue everything down and use a blow dryer on the shrink tubing.

If you use a thick tooth pick you can pop out the lenses. I put mounting putting inside there to keep the lights in place but also center them the best I could by stuffing the putty around the light:

IMG_1682.jpeg

Everything looks good from this angle:

IMG_1683.jpeg

I finally got a chance to sit down and finish lighting the stage. Here’s what it looks like underneath:

View attachment 685932

Very amateur wiring job but it works. Everything is held in place with Scotch mounting putty. I will eventually glue everything down and use a blow dryer on the shrink tubing.

If you use a thick tooth pick you can pop out the lenses. I put mounting putting inside there to keep the lights in place but also center them the best I could by stuffing the putty around the light:

View attachment 685933

Everything looks good from this angle:

View attachment 685934
Amazing work 🙌

Gotta share with him on stage though 🤩

Back