Blitzway 1/6 Ghostbusters Afterlife ECTO-1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like this has released now. Breda says the weathering is more pronounced in person than it appears in the clip.

Those siren lights are still spinning way too crazy fast though. Shame they didn't fix that from the first version.

Luckily less weathering works for me! I sure hope Amazon pulls through. Their support says it’s releasing 6/25 here in the states for them.

Oof, I was seriously hoping this was going to be pushed way back... looks like I need to free up some space on the old CC before BBTS hits me.

Good, glad he is doing a full review. I'm pretty concerned about the finished product. That emblem being applied crooked on the door is very detracting, and the paint finish seems a bit lackluster by comparison to the promotional pictures, especially for the price point... The weathering is the whole appeal to this version, and the suicide door. Hopefully it's just an isolated discrepancy with the emblem, but I fear its probably going to be widespread.

Really decent review, definitely needs some touch up weathering, some spots just look unnatural. That skewed logo is a huge bummer. I'll be keeping my order, hopefully it's not a universal issue with the symbol.

Last edited:
Wow this turned out pretty damn cool, and is a lot more thoroughly aged and weathered up than I was expecting. And that interior is probably the most impressive of all.

It definitely came out really good but for most of us who on the original, it’s definitely not practical for me to get another one, that’s a big vehicle in hand. I hope they go forward with this line and hopefully provide some figures on this version.

I own the original but I plan to display these in contrast. My appeal is more aligned to the patina version of ecto-1, but I loved Ghostbusters a lot. YOLO

I saw it on Amazon still available to order, and periodically one pops back up on bbts from a cancellation. Alternatively, bandai store was selling this as well.

So I asked them about interior lights and received some really disappointing news. This thing is many hundreds more and they removed all the interior lights. Maybe movie accurate but still bugs me they took all of that out
449BD2AB-8B66-4189-9297-676962590B31.jpeg

I was hoping maybe this was a light switch too.
C373AFF6-A284-4576-A352-E59EE44679E7.jpeg

Edit:
I’m guessing this is the relocated light switch from below the rear bumper. 😔

Last edited:
I'm not too concerned by this, but it certainly would of been a nice addition to include with this markup. Typically I don't run the lights on any of my collectibles with those features. However, the gunners seat and proton pack light up cemented the deal for me.

I'm not too concerned by this, but it certainly would have been a nice addition to include with this markup. Typically I don't run the lights on any of my collectibles with those features. However, the gunners seat and proton pack light up cemented the deal for me.
I was half expecting them to not include the proton pack and make you purchase a future Phoebe figure just to get it 🤣

I'm really curious to how many of this version they made compared to the regular version.

Luckily less weathering works for me! I sure hope Amazon pulls through. Their support says it’s releasing 6/25 here in the states for them.

Amazon has been hit and miss for me in the past.

I have preordered several months in advance when the listings first go up, only for Amazon to cancel due to “not enough stock” right when the product releases.

I think the last one was a Gentle Giant 1:6 Princess Leia polystone statue which got canceled by Amazon last year. I think I ended up getting it from BBTS or EE.

Last edited:
I'm really curious to how many of this version they made compared to the regular version.

On the one hand, i would think they produced less Ecto1s because Afterlife is not as popular as the original movies and collectors may not want the weathered look.

On the other hand, Blitzway might have produced more since the market is larger now than a few years ago and there are a lot of new collectors.

And a lot of people may have missed the original release and do not want to pay the exorbitant aftermarket prices (i.e. EBay).

I have preordered several months in advance when the listings first go up, only for Amazon to cancel due to “not enough stock” right when the product releases.

I think the last one was a Gentle Giant 1:6 Princess Leia polystone statue which got canceled last year.
Yeah. It is a risk for sure. They assured me there will be enough stock. Not that it means anything. Maybe I should watch BigBad again to see.

I think the last one was a Gentle Giant 1:6 Princess Leia polystone statue which got canceled by Amazon last year. I think I ended up getting it from BBTS or EE.
Definitely a miss. Amazon just out of no where cancelled my order. Asked their support about it and at first said it was “payment declined” and then later said “it was out of stock” then just told me to re-order. Should’ve went for Big Bad to begin with….. worst case I “saved” $2k 😂

Edit: I saw big bad just had a single preorder pop up just now and took advantage of it. No more Amazon stress.

Last edited:
Back