Blitzway 1/6 Ghostbusters Afterlife ECTO-1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this looks good, but I don’t have the figures. Even if I did though this version of the Ecto-1 wouldn’t match up to the figures so it would be somewhat pointless.

Unless there’s a plan to make figures from Afterlife, which doesn’t seem to be the case.

This does look pretty fantastic with that weathering and the cool gunner seat, but as much as I loved Afterlife it's just not an iconic enough look for me to want in the collection.

In fact even though I liked GB2 less, I'd still rather have an Ecto-1A to pair with my first version.

I find it hard to believe that Blitzway would produce a nearly $2,000 1/6-scale vehicle without a plan to produce at least a couple of companion figures. If this does end up hitting the market without any figure support, it's also possible a third party will step in. But you would think they'd at least have included a tease to gauge interest and stoke excitement.

I'm a huge Ghostbusters fan. I loved the movie, but I can't see picking up this thing especially for that price. They reused the old mould as the inaccuracies are still there ( HUGE headlights, HUGE door handles, inaccurate Sniffer, inaccurate placement of the gas cap (the Afterlife Ecto-1 has a different position gas cap) and god knows if they fixed the motor inside the lights. FWIR, the old Blitzway Ecto-1's light motors were noisy AF. They were either spinning too fast or something that made the awful grinding noise.

The weathering could've been more screen accurate as it is still not. The Gunner seat looks cool.

I find it hard to believe that Blitzway would produce a nearly $2,000 1/6-scale vehicle without a plan to produce at least a couple of companion figures. If this does end up hitting the market without any figure support, it's also possible a third party will step in. But you would think they'd at least have included a tease to gauge interest and stoke excitement.
It’s Blitzway though. They make a lot of bizarre choices. Plus I would think they would have teased something with the reveal if there were plans for figures to accompany.

I wish I would've got the original when I had the chance(passed due to space). This being from Afterlife would bother me to much to pick this up. Hopefully one day we get another chance at the original. 🤞

I'm a huge Ghostbusters fan. I loved the movie, but I can't see picking up this thing especially for that price. They reused the old mould as the inaccuracies are still there ( HUGE headlights, HUGE door handles, inaccurate Sniffer, inaccurate placement of the gas cap (the Afterlife Ecto-1 has a different position gas cap) and god knows if they fixed the motor inside the lights. FWIR, the old Blitzway Ecto-1's light motors were noisy AF. They were either spinning too fast or something that made the awful grinding noise.

The weathering could've been more screen accurate as it is still not. The Gunner seat looks cool.
You can still see them spinning way too fast in the video. And you can make out the grinding motor sound under the theme song too. So yeah, clearly no improvements made there.

This came out great but I have the first one not practical for me to get a second. Happy collectors will get their hands on one it’s huge and heavy and boxed like a refrigerator Lord have mercy on y’all with the shipping especially with the drama happening in the world atm smh.

Shipping was $250 for me and i know it was higher for others. I can easily see shipping being well over $400 from a US seller to a US address since shipping is sky high. It's unbelievably big and heavy. I think it honestly should ship on a pallet.

It looks good but I'll pass since i have the first and the 84 film is my all time favorite movie. Not to mention there is so many other things i can spend $2000+ on (Jazzinc Batwing comes to mind).

I'm gettin this! I think the rusty effect is amazing, and somehow the rusted and battle damaged look fits Ghostbusters very well (with them battling demons and all)!

I happened to see a post on Facebook from Marcos from Collectorzown about this. He said that Blitzway products go up to wholesalers 4-6 days after they put up their pre-order.
Oh interesting. I'm just curious on how much SSC will be selling for is all. I'm not even buying it lol.

Seems odd if they’re not making Afterlife figures.

I’m not the Ghostbusters fan in our family, although I like them now. I asked my wife if she’d want this, but she wasn’t sure due to space concerns.

So I said maybe we could get the figures if they do them. A Phoebe and ghost Egon set would be a nice tribute. Seems a shame not to make figures for this big honking thing.

I feel like they should’ve just re-released the clean ECTO-1, even if they don’t like doing reissues. It would be easier to justify having just that original by itself as a classic pop culture icon, even without the figures.

The rust and battle damage is cool and well executed, but without Afterlife figures it kind of feels like a consolation prize for people who passed or missed out on the original.

But I just can’t imagine that many scenarios where someone specifically would want this version over the original… So they probably would’ve sold more of a reissue of the original, I would think.

Last edited:
I used to be a staunch “on screen accurate” collector and let that mindset go awhile ago and I’m much happier for it.

I don’t really understand the “I can only buy this if Afterlife figures are released” thinking.

If you like it and you have the money and space, buy it. If you don’t, move on to something else.

To be honest the Ecto-1 was kind of the main star of Afterlife anyway, so I'd be perfectly fine displaying it on its own. And I'm not currently displaying any of my other vehicles with their figures.

Oof, for that price you should be able to put gas in it and drive it... regardless, im waiting for SS to do the "flex"

I got the 4 figures a few years back and regretted not getting the OG Ecto. Hopefully I can find a place with a good payment plan.

Back