Blitzway 1/6 Ghostbusters Afterlife ECTO-1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same. I'm in Canada so with the exchange rate I'd end up paying at least $2500 after shipping ☹️
I'm also in Toronto! The pricing after I've put in all my points I still have to pay $800-900 USD for the rest of the car +shipping...and add customs ontop of that. lol.

It’s $1899 on blufin (US distributor of Blitzway) so don’t think we’ll see a cheaper price from Sideshow.

It’s $1899 on blufin (US distributor of Blitzway) so don’t think we’ll see a cheaper price from Sideshow.
R.gif
wow....that price is so

Well, i asked a rep with Sideshow regarding when this would go up for preorder, they said its not currently planned to be carried on their site and to just keep an eye out... may need to go the bbts route? I'll wait a few more days before i commit.

Wonder if the first offering was a huge headache for them?

Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 10.27.57 AM.jpeg

This was posted on Collectorzown Cantina earlier. Shipping costs because of the size and weight might be an issue of some places carrying this. It does come in a massive box and is very heavy. It's almost like shipping a refrigerator. When i picked mine up i honestly thought it should been attached to a pallet.

Well, i asked a rep with Sideshow regarding when this would go up for preorder, they said its not currently planned to be carried on their site and to just keep an eye out... may need to go the bbts route? I'll wait a few more days before i commit.

Wonder if the first offering was a huge headache for them?
OOF. lol.

If only Eaglemoss could offer their Ecto at 1/6 scale, rather than 1/8. That subscription model gets around so many logistics issues, not to mention the fun of being able to build it yourself!

Welp, I guess I'm going to have to get it from BBTS... Really would of liked the payment plan and reward points... such is life.

EXACTLY… Same here. I’ve waited long enough for it to be posted on SS, I just pre-ordered on BBTS today, I couldn’t wait another day.

So, any Canadians have a heads up on where to get it with payment plan? Seems like Sideshow is laggin way behind.

So, any Canadians have a heads up on where to get it with payment plan? Seems like Sideshow is laggin way behind.
Spec Fiction Shop is one of the few places I’ve seen that has a flex pay. The price goes up if you’re paying payments, but they deffo ship to Canada, just message them for the final price beforehand.

Last edited:
Big Chief Studios has it up on their site for the UK. It’s expensive but probably not more, maybe less, than one would be spending on postage from abroad.

Decent payment plan available.

Ecto

I'm pretty surprised Sideshow is not carrying this. They sold the first one. Must have decided the massive size and potential QC issues aren't worth it this time.

A few months ago I thought Jazz Inc’s ‘66 Batmobile would be my last 1/6 car purchase (although I was tempted by the JL Batmobile). Now I have a BTTF2 DeLorean and a second Ecto-1 in the pipeline.

I had hoped Sideshow would carry this one, but maybe the shipping logistics were too much of a gamble. I broke down and ordered from BBTS, which is where I got the 1st Ecto. My wife was like “what the h#ll!?” when that refrigerator-sized box showed up at the front door.

Back