Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DeviantArt OC: Iron Man edition is one of the worst things in recent comics, period. It's not like the recent Chinese Superman or Miles, characters who yes, exist, but aren't taking anything from the original. She's more like Teen Tony, with the difference that she's here to stay...
Oh **** I know, I have zeeeeeero interest at all in reading that Chinese Supes character, first time ever for a Superman related story for me, at least everything else Superman is doing pretty great, 2 bimonthly titles, I love it.

At least we have a Doom solo incoming. Written by Bendis (Ugh), drawn by Maleev (yes!), and with the title "Infamous Iron Man". Dunno if he'll be calling himself Iron Man, but I think it's just a title to attract new readers. Eh, we'll see. I'll buy it, cos Doctor Doom, but I don't have high hopes for it, not even torrented.

PS: Did you see the announcment about that Aaron/Coipel Thor book?

No I didn't, what about it? Is it real Thor or is Whor still going on? Regardless I might read that. Coipel's Art is not bad at all.

I feel I should read Thors and Whors just cause I love Thor so much, and I want to know what's going on with the new series you mention, buuuut I can't must enough interest to backtrack all that.

Oh **** I know, I have zeeeeeero interest at all in reading that Chinese Supes character, first time ever for a Superman related story for me, at least everything else Superman is doing pretty great, 2 bimonthly titles, I love it.

I was actually intrigued by the new Superman, but after I heard this was another case of "arrogant young man learns humility", I kinda lost interest. I might buy the trades though, as I wanna read about super-heroes in other places other than the US.

As for the bi-monthly thing, I really hate it, truth be told. Deadpool is bi-monthly and I spend 10 euros on him every month. Heck, I wasted 20 euros on him last month, because I got three issues, and one of them cost 10! It was a four-part crossover. Between the bis and the annuals, I have a pull list of 40-50 euros, and I pay about 70 each month.

No I didn't, what about it? Is it real Thor or is Whor still going on? Regardless I might read that. Coipel's Art is not bad at all.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2016/07/06/marvel-announces-the-unworthy-thor/

kbcnzuswsnxst7ef9s8j-189290.png

NuThor is still around, and this is a second book focusing on the real Thor. If Aaron brings his GoT game, it'll be great. If not, and it's used as just a book to prop up Jane, I imagine it'll be awful. But honestly, I think JaneThor is just Marvel's idea and he's just playing along for the paycheck. I have high hopes for this. If nothing else catches my eye, and considering Marvel will probably cancel most of the things I'm pulling, I might give this a shot.

I feel I should read Thors and Whors just cause I love Thor so much, and I want to know what's going on with the new series you mention, buuuut I can't must enough interest to backtrack all that.

Thors is not needed, at all. It's just an AU tale, it has no consequence to the main series. JaneThor is actually... not that bad. The art is wonderful, and the stories are rather great. It doesn't feature anything like the Titania scene, it's just a well written magical/fantasy book. If I was a huge Thor fan, I'd track down the trades at least.

As for the bi-monthly thing, I really hate it, truth be told. Deadpool is bi-monthly and I spend 10 euros on him every month. Heck, I wasted 20 euros on him last month, because I got three issues, and one of them cost 10! It was a four-part crossover. Between the bis and the annuals, I have a pull list of 40-50 euros, and I pay about 70 each month.
Not on DC, they're full regular 20-something page comicbooks, no crossover so far, WW, Flash, well, most of the big guys, I'm actually reading Aquaman :lol it's been years since I read anything Aquaman. I don't know, everything DC just feels different in a good way.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2016/07/06/marvel-announces-the-unworthy-thor/

kbcnzuswsnxst7ef9s8j-189290.png

NuThor is still around, and this is a second book focusing on the real Thor. If Aaron brings his GoT game, it'll be great. If not, and it's used as just a book to prop up Jane, I imagine it'll be awful. But honestly, I think JaneThor is just Marvel's idea and he's just playing along for the paycheck. I have high hopes for this. If nothing else catches my eye, and considering Marvel will probably cancel most of the things I'm pulling, I might give this a shot.
Yeah me too, and I agree, Aaron is definitely doing Whor for the $$$.

I was just thinking, they actually took his name, I have obviously thought about it before, but, his ****ing name, not just his tittle, all for a PC stunt, it really is just despicable. Not to mention stupid. Man **** them, years have passed and I'm still pissed :lol

Thors is not needed, at all. It's just an AU tale, it has no consequence to the main series. JaneThor is actually... not that bad. The art is wonderful, and the stories are rather great. It doesn't feature anything like the Titania scene, it's just a well written magical/fantasy book. If I was a huge Thor fan, I'd track down the trades at least.
Mhmmm I might give it a shot. I kinda want to see Storm Thor again.

Not on DC, they're full regular 20-something page comicbooks, no crossover so far, WW, Flash, well, most of the big guys, I'm actually reading Aquaman :lol it's been years since I read anything Aquaman. I don't know, everything DC just feels different in a good way.

Well, then you're gonna be dissapointed to learn than in October they're launching a Batman event. It'll invlove Detective Comics, Batman and Nightwing. It has something to do with the "Monster Men"... So, yeah, they ain't exactly innocent of that as well.

As for the ads, I counted 11 in Batman #2 and 6 in Moon Knight #3. They vary from title to title and month to month, but it's not like DC is completely guilt-free. Sure, they're better than Marvel at this point, but they're not innocent little angels.

Yeah me too, and I agree, Aaron is definitely doing Whor for the $$$.

I was just thinking, they actually took his name, I have obviously thought about it before, but, his ****ing name, not just his tittle, all for a PC stunt, it really is just despicable. Not to mention stupid. Man **** them, years have passed and I'm still pissed :lol

I'd say it'll pass, but it's selling like hot-cakes, so who knows?

Mhmmm I might give it a shot. I kinda want to see Storm Thor again.

She had a very minimum role. Beta Ray died in the first issue, and the other 3 were focused on Ultimate Thor and Hobo Loki.

Well, then you're gonna be dissapointed to learn than in October they're launching a Batman event. It'll invlove Detective Comics, Batman and Nightwing. It has something to do with the "Monster Men"... So, yeah, they ain't exactly innocent of that as well.
That's actually ok, as long as it's contained in the Batman tittles, it should be alright, new 52 used to have arcs overarching 4 or 5 different series, it was ********.

As for the ads, I counted 11 in Batman #2 and 6 in Moon Knight #3. They vary from title to title and month to month, but it's not like DC is completely guilt-free. Sure, they're better than Marvel at this point, but they're not innocent little angels.
Who counts the ads? :lol I don't even look at them, I just go past them they don't even register cause I'm pretty much immersed. Yeah, now that I think about it, ads never distracted me in my life.

Btw, I meant like 20 to 25 pages of story, not counting the ads.

I'd say it'll pass, but it's selling like hot-cakes, so who knows?
It is? That's very surprising. I have no idea why that could be. I don't know a single female who likes Thor, like at all.

That's actually ok, as long as it's contained in the Batman tittles, it should be alright, new 52 used to have arcs overarching 4 or 5 different series, it was ********.

Eh, that's actually worse in my book. At least with a main event like CWII you can avoid it and not miss anything, as the tie-in issues aren't connected to the main book, rather involve said character in it for a while. With cross-overs, you have to buy the issues of the other series, otherwise you're going to lose track of the story. That's way worse in my opinion. The best case scenario is something like Spider-Verse or Darkseid War. Smaller-scale events that happen in just one book, and are in reality just more drawn out stories.

Who counts the ads? :lol I don't even look at them, I just go past them they don't even register cause I'm pretty much immersed. Yeah, now that I think about it, ads never distracted me in my life.

Btw, I meant like 20 to 25 pages of story, not counting the ads.

Ads bug me, personally speaking. As for the page count, they all hover between 20 and 25 pages. Moon Knight #3 had 20, Black Panther #2 22, and Batman #1 had 20 as well.

It is? That's very surprising. I have no idea why that could be. I don't know a single female who likes Thor, like at all.

Yeah, it's doing very well, all things considered. It hovers around the 50k mark. It's actually outselling stuff like Wonder Woman, Harley Quinn, even Iron Man.

My friends insisted we watch the extended cut together on my birthday. I think it's a subtle hint that my friends hate me.. :monkey4

Eh, that's actually worse in my book. At least with a main event like CWII you can avoid it and not miss anything, as the tie-in issues aren't connected to the main book, rather involve said character in it for a while. With cross-overs, you have to buy the issues of the other series, otherwise you're going to lose track of the story. That's way worse in my opinion. The best case scenario is something like Spider-Verse or Darkseid War. Smaller-scale events that happen in just one book, and are in reality just more drawn out stories.
No no, what I mean that it's not so bad that they're tied with Batman-related tittles, unlike in the New 52, where Supes stories sometimes dragged not only to Supergirl, but Wonder Woman and even Batman, it was annoying, but if this one's just Batman related, then fine, lots of great New 52 stories over-arched to Batman-related tittles, plus the Monster Men story with Gotham and Gotham girl sounds pretty interesting.

An event book for crossover events would be ideal though.

Ads bug me, personally speaking. As for the page count, they all hover between 20 and 25 pages. Moon Knight #3 had 20, Black Panther #2 22, and Batman #1 had 20 as well.
I just mentioned it cause I thought you were counting ads as pages.

Yeah, it's doing very well, all things considered. It hovers around the 50k mark. It's actually outselling stuff like Wonder Woman, Harley Quinn, even Iron Man.
How on earth...

My friends insisted we watch the extended cut together on my birthday. I think it's a subtle hint that my friends hate me.. :monkey4
Your friends love you and want the best for you, your friends have very refined taste, truly patrician.

No no, what I mean that it's not so bad that they're tied with Batman-related tittles, unlike in the New 52, where Supes stories sometimes dragged not only to Supergirl, but Wonder Woman and even Batman, it was annoying, but if this one's just Batman related, then fine, lots of great New 52 stories over-arched to Batman-related tittles, plus the Monster Men story with Gotham and Gotham girl sounds pretty interesting.

Ah, now I get it. Yeah, the Superman situation was pretty bad from what I remember. That H'el thing dragged on a for a while, didn't it?

An event book for crossover events would be ideal though.

Exactly. CWII is boring as hell, but I can just skip it and not miss anything from ym usual books. But if say, you're reading Silk, you need to also read Spider-Woman and Spider-Gwen for the whole story. And the same will happen this October with Batman, and it pisses me off that it's happening so fast. I'm not buying Nightwing or Detective, and it's a 6-part crossover. That's just bollocks IMO.

I just mentioned it cause I thought you were counting ads as pages.

Oh, okay then.

How on earth...

Well, the art is breathtaking and the story is actually rather good... That and it's one of Tumblr's favourite books. Marvel's been playing it smart for a while. They always make these announcements in the View, the Times, all of that. They're very well connected.

Just watched the ultimate cut and this scene was still missing unless I missed it. Wonder where it fit in or if it was for the trailer only.

batfleck3.gif

Back