Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Man of Steel 2 (Superman/Batman--Official title to be confirmed)

It's an apples to oranges comparison because none of those others were related to film franchises, nor were they based on supporting characters, which is what Marvel is doing now. This seems to be a pretty transparent move to ape Marvel, which is all WB seems interested in doing nowadays. Of course, DC had TV shows going back to the '50s with Superman, then Batman, then Wonder Woman, Superboy, Flash. . .Marvel had the Hulk and '70s Spider-Man.

I think that's a bit of an unfair assessment, though. Take Arrow, for instance. Is it its own show? Yes. However, Green Arrow was immensely popular with the Smallville fans, and, while it wasn't a spin-off, neither is this. In case we've forgotten, there is no Batman Universe, right now, and there won't be for another two years. So, to say that they're aping Agents of SHIELD is a bit overboard, considering the fact that a Gotham Central police procedural has been talked about for sometime.

Even if the Gordon show was sharing universe with the DCCU, how can there be claims of DC copying Marvel in that regard? There are comic book houses, share universes are a must, it was only a matter of time.

It may be a response to compete with Marvel, but I really don't see the copying pattern, not in movies, not in tv shows, all I see is DC trying to keep up with Marvel releasing their stuff around the same time as Marvel, that's not copying.

DC had Arrow before, and prior to that, Smallville, Lois & Clark and many other TV shows.

I guess Marvel copied DC at being created at all

I think that's a bit of an unfair assessment, though. Take Arrow, for instance. Is it its own show? Yes. However, Green Arrow was immensely popular with the Smallville fans, and, while it wasn't a spin-off, neither is this. In case we've forgotten, there is no Batman Universe, right now, and there won't be for another two years. So, to say that they're aping Agents of SHIELD is a bit overboard, considering the fact that a Gotham Central police procedural has been talked about for sometime.

Because Lois & Clark, Birds of Prey, Smallville and Arrow are all inter-connected as well as being connected to the new DCCU. :exactly:

Because Lois & Clark, Birds of Prey, Smallville and Arrow are all inter-connected as well as being connected to the new DCCU. :exactly:

Because interconnected universes were created by Marvel.

:exactly::exactly::exactly::exactly::exactly:

Right on the money & hit the nail & full of right.

no.

DC copied off Marvel when they decided to make comics too!

Because interconnected universes were created by Marvel.

:exactly::exactly::exactly::exactly::exactly:

Right on the money & hit the nail & full of right.

no.

Interconnected universes as far as film, yes, and as of today, television. It's pretty obvious with WB fast-tracking a JL movie (they're shoehorning Batman into Superman's sequel to expedite it for christ's sake), they're copying the Marvel mold. They'll connect this TV show to the MoS universe, watch. Hell, even with the comics, The New 52 is a glorified Ultimates, but without the foresight to leave the regular universe untouched. :lol

Who cares if they copied? Its the way these things work. Somebody proves the concept ... competitors try to improve on it, to make money off of it.

They're all piggybacking on George Reeves anyway.

SnakeDoc

Interconnected universes as far as film, yes, and as of today, television. It's pretty obvious with WB fast-tracking a JL movie (they're shoehorning Batman into Superman's sequel to expedite it for christ's sake), they're copying the Marvel mold. They'll connect this TV show to the MoS universe, watch. Hell, even with the comics, The New 52 is a glorified Ultimates, but without the foresight to leave the regular universe untouched. :lol

We're talking comic book films, it was bound to happen, DC was already doing it on animated movies, I might as well say Marvel copied DC at existing at all, since DC came 1st.

Again, all DC's copying are the release dates, to try & compete with Marvel's, that's it.

And shoehorning Bats in MoS2 is precisely a clear example of how DC is not copying Marvel.

Because Tony Stark never appeared in The Incredible Hulk, nor Black Widow in Iron Man 2, nor Hawkeye in Thor. :lecture:exactly:

Because all of the above mentioned were sharing the status of their
respective protagonists and were effectively team up movies...

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly::exactly::exactly::exactly:

Once again, jackpot, as usual.

Because Tony Stark never appeared in The Incredible Hulk, nor Black Widow in Iron Man 2, nor Hawkeye in Thor. :lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly:

... nor Batman & Robin in Scooby-Doo. Heh.

... nor Batman in Superman's radio show ... in 1945.

everything+s+a+copy+of+a+copy+of+a+copy..+real_752e6c_3995684.gif

SnakeDoc

... nor Batman & Robin in Scooby-Doo. Heh.

... nor Batman in Superman's radio show ... in 1945.

everything+s+a+copy+of+a+copy+of+a+copy..+real_752e6c_3995684.gif

SnakeDoc

:lol :lol

That's right, because Marvel had the genius idea of doing something it was already happening in other mediums and it was only a matter of time before someone did it anyway....

You know what? Everybody's copying the Chinese, they invented ink after all. :slap:

Last edited:

its about time hoe its good

That's right, because Marvel had the genius idea of doing something it was already happening in other mediums and it was only a matter of time before someone did it anyway....

Guess you might have a point if WB hadn't scoffed at the idea of a combined cinematic universe.

Don't go quoting me when you clearly missed the point of my post. Arrow isn't connected to the Smallville show, but Smallville both familiarized him, as a character, with audiences, and revitalized his popularity with certain fanbases. If you think that had absolutely nothing, whatsoever, to do with DC having enough faith in the character to give him his own show, I feel that you may be sorely mistaken.

Guess you might have a point if WB hadn't scoffed at the idea of a combined cinematic universe.

I'm sorry, but where does "giving an established director creative liberties over the character he brought back from the depths of Hades equate to 'scoffing at the idea of a combined universe?'" I know that TDKR is a divisive film, but it's still a good movie. Could the same be said if the suits forced Nolan to steer things in a certain direction? Last time I checked, that's the sort of behavior that have us critically hailed masterpieces like Batman & Robin and Spider-Man 3.

If Avengers hadn't financially succeeded in their team movie you would've seen WB paying Nolan a trillion dollars to continue his successful solo Batman movies especially since WB/Nolan were on their financial high horses after hitting a billion with TDK and laughing at Marvel because no Marvel movie was even coming close to a bilion.

Then Avengers hit big, the rest is history. :lol

If Avengers hadn't financially succeeded in their team movie you would've seen WB paying Nolan a trillion dollars to continue his successful solo Batman movies especially since WB/Nolan were on their financial high horses after hitting a billion with TDK and laughing at Marvel because no Marvel movie was even coming close to a bilion.

Then Avengers hit big, the rest is history. :lol

This is a clear example of capitalism, or the free market, benefiting the consumer. There should have been a DC shared universe all along, but DC and WB were content to rest on their laurels, crapping out a solo Batman, or Superman, film every few years. Then, Marvel came along and lit a fire under their ***, and made them realize that if they kept up on their current path, they wouldn't be able to compete, and when comic/film companies compete, we win. Of course, if you listen to some people, we lose, but hey, everyone has their own perspective, right?

Back