Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Man of Steel 2 (Superman/Batman--Official title to be confirmed)

I liked her. I liked her a lot. I Was fine with her as Mary Jane... I was even looking forward to it... :monkey2

No idea why they got so pissed at that. Nerds will ***** about anything and whine and complain. This thread and today is full solid proof of how much people hate change.

I always say. Give it a chance.

You shut up. Anyone who agreed with those basement dwelling losers needs to get a clue. That's what a real woman looks like. Not some plastic fake *****.

I didn't agree with them at all but that doesn't escape the fact that you need to go to bed. The fun is just beginning soon the Nolan fans will riot. You must be ready.

WB is just not making any inspired decisions anymore.

I would say this is exactly an inspired decision. Especially since there was ZERO reasons for Affleck to do this, other than passion for the source material.

Doing Batman after his recent succeses seems crazy. Remember that we are not talkig about some no-name actor (Cavill) who suddenly gets properelled to fame, becouse of a leading role in summer blockbuster. We are talking about a guy who just a few months ago, was standing in the Kodak Theatre scene in a tux, rocking his "director's beard" and accepting the Golden Knight for "Best Picture" and then mingling amongst the Callifornia's elite and all the great filmmakers at the "Hollywood's Reporter" after-parties.

And then this guy decides to put on the cowl and the tights...

This is a potentially career-wrecking move on his part, totally counterintuitive for a man in his position. And yet he did it. The only reason for this is becouse he know's what's what. He is a lifelong comic reader and a Batman fan. He knows that he can pull it off, and that it could seriously damage his career if he won't. And WB knows this too. There were other actors with potentially more star-power, who were interested in the part, but the studio still went with him. They must know what they are doing. They knew how controversial it would be and they still went with it. They must have a reason, they wouldn't shoot themselves in the foot like this for nothing.

Affleck has the looks and the jaw for Wayne.
He is physically imposing, when he hits the gym.
He now has that rugged aura of confidence and "grown man's experience" (certainly more than Cavill) and the image of "Boyish, teen heart-throb Ben Affleck" from 2003 has been replaced with "stern, unshaven, squared-jawed, Boston man". That sounds like a perfect material for a potential experienced Batman.

So once Affleck is kicked out of the film, shall Brolin or Hamm replace him? :lol

So once Affleck is kicked out of the film, shall Brolin or Hamm replace him? :lol

I hope they don't kick him out. This is hilarious so far. I want to see what affleck can do.

If they do kick him out, I hope they replace him with with Channing Tatum.

No get will smith and justin bieber as robin. That's something the fans have been clamoring for

Fair enough. What if...what if Affleck serves as a transition Batman from Nolands beloved films to the next set of Batman films? What if, he is so bad it kills the the character so it can be rebooted a few years later by someone who "at least isn't as bad as Ben Affleck" ?

My point being Nolan's films are going to be a hard act to follow for anyone.

Good point. At least it's not Mark Wahlberg, who I like, but could you imagine Batman with a Boston accent? :lol

No get will smith and justin bieber as robin. That's something the fans have been clamoring for

I remember there were talks of Eddie Murphy playing Robin back in the day.

If Affleck left, Hamm, all the way. That being said, Affleck's not going anywhere, and I wouldn't want him to. Mary Jane's one thing, but Shailene Woodley wasn't the top story on CNN, either. WB has changed things, forever; there's no going back.

I don't know who I'd want to be Robin, to tell you the truth. That Hutcherson kid might not be a bad Tim Drake, and Ender's Game could probably be a decent Damian, if they went that far.

If they do kick him out, I hope they replace him with with Channing Tatum.

ibhtZz7jgiSGm7.gif

Best movie ever!!!!

"I...don't...know...where the Bat-shark repellant is. WHY DON'T YOU LOVE ME, DAD!?!?!?!?!?! It's like you don't think I'm good enough or somethin'. I'M JUST AS GOOD AS YOU'LL EVER BE, BATMAN! Now, let me go cry while I fight this monster."

I'd actually love to see Chloe Moretz as Stephanie Brown/Batgirl.

Affleck and Cavill, in spandex. The gay community will be popping some champagne corks today.

Seriously though, I like Affleck, at least he isn't an 'easy' choice.

Back