1/6 Avengers: Endgame - 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark LXXXV (Battle Damaged Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm...I was close to considering Toys Wonderland but ultimately the reasons for keeping my Sideshow Order:

1) If I took into account the Sideshow Rewards I’d get, my SS order turns out to be $5 cheaper than TW.
2) Considering TW’s target ship date, I’d likely get it 2 to 3 months earlier depending on when SS stock hits the US.
3) Most importantly, I need this definitive Iron Man to be flawless. And if for some reason the figure has a problem or two, Toys Wonderland is a headache and a half to remedy the problem. At least with Sideshow fast on custOmer service and being shipped in the same state I’m in, there’s less anxiety.

But for anyone who took them up on this deal, it’s a great price. In a years time, we’ll all be enjoying this figure no matter when and where we got it. Cheers up!

Got this figure in just yesterday, really love that TS headsculpt!

22F9049F-B508-4078-A769-47C1E42BF57E.jpeg
0513DD0F-F74F-4F8F-AA14-FA73F0BE7E71.jpeg

I’ve a question on this. Well kind of on Toys Wonderland in general.

im a little confused reading their FAQS.

When I order from them and go the in full option. Does the payment get charged when I place the order or am I charged when it’s time to ship.
When I read up on it it made it sound like it charged at time of order but in another paragraph it sounded like they don’t charge until it ships. I’ve only ordered from them from them once before It wasn’t in stock item so I am not sure on pre-orders. Thanks

I’ve a question on this. Well kind of on Toys Wonderland in general.

im a little confused reading their FAQS.

When I order from them and go the in full option. Does the payment get charged when I place the order or am I charged when it’s time to ship.
When I read up on it it made it sound like it charged at time of order but in another paragraph it sounded like they don’t charge until it ships. I’ve only ordered from them from them once before It wasn’t in stock item so I am not sure on pre-orders. Thanks
I couldn't find a straight answer on that either, but my credit card today indicates they have charged me in full up front for something they won't be able to send me for another 4-5 months. I'm not very happy about that, especially considering there's always the risk these guys could disappear overnight.

I couldn't find a straight answer on that either, but my credit card today indicates they have charged me in full up front for something they won't be able to send me for another 4-5 months. I'm not very happy about that, especially considering there's always the risk these guys could disappear overnight.
Thanks ..
and that’s why I wanted to know…the disappear thing…

and their FAQS page is a little unclear with that information

Last edited:
Yea I kind of figured it would be all up front with them. Seems like you either have to do the installment plan or just pay upfront and I didn't want to do the installment plan. I would think (as much as it would suck to do) it would be relatively simple to get your money back from your CC company if they were to disappear. But, with the combination of sale & discounts I had, it really is hard to pass up on $335shipped vs $500+ shipped from Sideshow

Yea I kind of figured it would be all up front with them. Seems like you either have to do the installment plan or just pay upfront and I didn't want to do the installment plan. I would think (as much as it would suck to do) it would be relatively simple to get your money back from your CC company if they were to disappear. But, with the combination of sale & discounts I had, it really is hard to pass up on $335shipped vs $500+ shipped from Sideshow
I've never had to dispute a charge that was older than a few days so I'm not sure how much luck one would have with trying to get a credit card company to reimburse for a half-year old charge. And I'm with you, I've always shied away from preorders from Hong Kong sellers but I made an exception for this deal.

Is that correct? So any business selling HT that isn’t Sideshow are unauthorised?
Sideshow isn't the only authorized seller but the Hong Kong sellers are most certainly unauthorized, yes. They're not Hot Toys distributors. My understanding is that when we use a Hong Kong seller, we're basically paying a guy to go down to the Hot Toys retail storefront, buy the figure for us and then ship it overseas to us.

I've never had to dispute a charge that was older than a few days so I'm not sure how much luck one would have with trying to get a credit card company to reimburse for a half-year old charge. And I'm with you, I've always shied away from preorders from Hong Kong sellers but I made an exception for this deal.
There’s a thread about eBay scammers to avoid in the Star Wars section and there’s a few in there that have mentioned how they’ve gotten their money back after even a year of waiting for sellers to ship their PreOrders by going through their bank/CC when PayPal time limit was up. So it’s definitely possible. Obviously depends on your Bank/CC company on how easy it would be but it never hurts to ask if things go t!ts up

There’s a thread about eBay scammers to avoid in the Star Wars section and there’s a few in there that have mentioned how they’ve gotten their money back after even a year of waiting for sellers to ship their PreOrders by going through their bank/CC when PayPal time limit was up. So it’s definitely possible. Obviously depends on your Bank/CC company on how easy it would be but it never hurts to ask if things go t!ts up
Good to know, thanks!

Thanks ..
and that’s why I wanted to know…the disappear thing…

and their FAQS page is a little unclear with that information
This happened recently with Nippon Yasan, they finally nuked the website with god knows how much money, they had started leaving orders unfulfilled since covid hit, slowly ghosted customer service, and everyone with paid orders that old are SOL.

This happened recently with Nippon Yasan, they finally nuked the website with god knows how much money, they had started leaving orders unfulfilled since covid hit, slowly ghosted customer service, and everyone with paid orders that old are SOL.

Wow really? I haven't bought from them in years, but they were always around. Damn that's awful, they had a lot of users. I can't believed I didn't hear that yet.

Is that correct? So any business selling HT that isn’t Sideshow are unauthorised?

Sideshow is the authorized distributor for North America and Europe. They give authorization to their retail partners to sell Hot Toys. So stores that have a business relationship with Sideshow like BBTS, Timewalker, Alter Ego, and many others are properly authorized.

Which is important for the consumer when getting help with figures and replacement parts.

Likewise, there are other authorized distributor/retail partner relationships in other territories like IKON and Popcultcha in Australia.

Sellers out of Hong Kong are different. Typically they just buy from Hot Toys locally to resell. Hot Toys products are cheaper there, and they're not paying any distributorship or licensing fees so they've formed a business out of their proximity to Hot Toys.

Not to completely derail the thread, but after doing a little research, looks like that Nippon Yasan has been doing some shady business for awhile though with many customer complaints about being scammed and not answering CS requests, etc.; so, it almost begs the question as to why ppl would still trust them to put orders in if there were already a lot of reports of their shady dealings before? For my part, I've never heard of them so I don't have any skin in the game, genuinely curious.

Has Toys Wonderland had any of that type issues/claims? That's not to say that TW can't just up and vanish out of no where, but it seems there were warning signs for the Nippon Yasan website that maybe ppl ignored?

When it comes to Toys Wonderland, solely basing my reason to order by the feedback on the forum here, it seems like a good chunk of fellow board members have had good experiences with Toys Wonderland, so I'm not too worried. Sure, there's always a little anxiety when ordering from not only somewhere new to you, but out of the country you're in as well can add a little more to it. I guess for me, I'm not going to yell fire until I at least see/smell smoke

Back