Hot Toys - MMS646 D45 - Iron Man Mark LXXXV (Holographic Version) (Toy Fair Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They probably looked at the poor sales of the last holographic Iron Man and though "Ah, they want it to be diecast and not really holographic at all!"

Thankfully they just repainted the figure. I'd be super pissed off if they fixed the shoulders and thigh gap. I wouldn't put anything past Hot Toys at this point.

anyone from outside US managed to order this from sideshow? will it work this round?

Repaints have been a thing forever. While not everyone's cup 'o tea, there is a genuine market for 'variants', even if it's nothing more than a repaint. Does anyone remember the variant Hasbro 12" Snowtrooper with the two painted lines on the boots? They went for a comparable fortune, and it was nothing more than an unintentional repaint. So whether intentional or otherwise, there has and always will be a market for variants, even if it's nothing more than a fresh coat of paint.

Listerine Man? no thanks, hard pass :D

Itā€™s more Wintergreen Altoids Man to me personally.

76167C61-6616-4E7F-9890-B11BEB7B8797.jpeg

Should have been named Repaint Edition. What's the point of this?

They had to do something with all the unsold non battle damaged Mk 85 figures.

They do a lot of Iron Man repaints so naming it Repaint Edition would get confusing even if thatā€™s what it is. :lol But honestly this is a weird repaint as far as repaints go.

I sort of wouldā€™ve understood if they went with a stealth version. That mightā€™ve looked cool. A faux holographic figure is just kind of dumb.

E29DB594-CA01-47FE-95FB-CD392015A6F6.jpeg
EA34FC4A-4D17-4065-86DA-A2B3DDC9AB33.jpeg

They're definitely not designed to appease 100% of collectors. I fall into the camp of enjoying the repaints. Gives a unique look. Its why I have the Hot Toys Stormtrooper in Gold and Porcelain Pattern. Wild and absolutely not canon, but neat looking nonetheless.

Back